The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 03-03-2021, 21:35   #341
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

This is a Balp.

The sooner we accept it the better, he'll play in Portuguese second division before 30.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 21:47   #342
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

The most extraordinary thing about him is his inability to lose his marker. Always a step behind.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 21:50   #343
MilanMB
Serendipity

It's hard to lose your marker when you're planted like a tree.

Signature
GOAT
Old 03-03-2021, 21:50   #344
Fabio
Believer

Fav. Players: Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
This is a Balp.

The sooner we accept it the better, he'll play in Portuguese second division before 30.
You are very quick to turn on young players. Leao needs the bench for abit but to say he will never make it is just stupidity

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
I’m fan of Serie Borini.
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 21:56   #345
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Only four U21 players have at least 5 goals and 5 assists in the 'top five' European leagues.

➤@RafaeLeao7
➤ Pedro Neto
➤ Amine Gouiri
➤ Jadon Sancho

[Via@ACMilanGoleador]

https://twitter.com/acmilandata/stat...37790961504257

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:24   #346
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
This is a Balp.

Even Balp didn't jog this much and put in the effort once in a while. Plus, he was the type of player that could decide a game by himself with a moment of brilliance.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:17   #347
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Such a frustrating player. The quality is clear as day, the effort and workrate is not. The first 30 minutes I thought he was fine, even if we couldn't break Udinese down. He was tracking back, pressing well... what we need him to help the team with. But rest of the match? Literally invisible. He is a gamechanger, he has the tools to beat their defense solo but just doesn't try to receive the ball enough or do anything with it but backpass.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:49   #348
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

It's like he can't anticipate anything because he plays with a 2 second input lag.

Signature
Old 04-03-2021, 17:41   #349
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
It's like he can't anticipate anything because he plays with a 2 second input lag.
Dude is buffering...

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 17:50   #350
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
The most extraordinary thing about him is his inability to lose his marker. Always a step behind.
He's never lost a marker from drifting into the right position as good box players do.

His idea of losing marker is getting the ball wide and then either running head first or using the edge of tbe pitch and shielding the ball past a close marker.

Playing central he could still potentially do the former during a counter attack but with the way Udinese setup ? He was dead on arrival.

I have sympathy for him. He was never meant to be vice ibra and rebic should have started cf. But then Theo leao become a massive liability on the left.

There's no way to square this circle until mandzukic returns.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
sex without connection means nothing to me, waste of time
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 17:54   #351
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

So you guys are saying Leao cant do...

These players have no room at Milan.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Galli, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, R10, R9, Rivaldo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:41   #352
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Give vape pen. Lagging issue will be solved.

Extended response time might be caused by excessive usage of grass. Looks like it

Speaking from personal experience
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:09   #353
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
He's never lost a marker from drifting into the right position as good box players do.

His idea of losing marker is getting the ball wide and then either running head first or using the edge of tbe pitch and shielding the ball past a close marker.

Playing central he could still potentially do the former during a counter attack but with the way Udinese setup ? He was dead on arrival.

I have sympathy for him. He was never meant to be vice ibra and rebic should have started cf. But then Theo leao become a massive liability on the left.

There's no way to square this circle until mandzukic returns.
If that was the extent of his off-ball problems then I would be very satisfied with him.
But how many times have we seen opponents intercept the passes that were meant for him even out wide because they were a step ahead of him?
It's like his idea of losing marker is to make them try and somehow fail to intercept the pass coming his way.

He's always a step behind because he has a remarkably poor anticipation and awareness off-ball.
It doesn't end when he's the target of the passes. The problem extends in the other direction as well.
I'm not sure I've seen a player as bad as him at pressing and intercepting passes.
He's just generally bad at anticipating stuff when he doesn't have the ball at his feet.
Like Pioli said, it's like the lights are turned off until he has the ball.

Signature
Old 05-03-2021, 01:27   #354
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
If that was the extent of his off-ball problems then I would be very satisfied with him.
But how many times have we seen opponents intercept the passes that were meant for him even out wide because they were a step ahead of him?
It's like his idea of losing marker is to make them try and somehow fail to intercept the pass coming his way.

He's always a step behind because he has a remarkably poor anticipation and awareness off-ball.
It doesn't end when he's the target of the passes. The problem extends in the other direction as well.
I'm not sure I've seen a player as bad as him at pressing and intercepting passes.
He's just generally bad at anticipating stuff when he doesn't have the ball at his feet.
Like Pioli said, it's like the lights are turned off until he has the ball.
That's always been his game. He has always looked to compete with an opponent in a 100m dash rather than a shoulder to shoulder. His early season success was because we could transition wings quickly and find him in space on the left as the opponents had lost their shape when we loaded up the right. (Ibras second goal vs inter in the beginning of the season)

Our transitions currently suck because we don't have bennacer around.

No one leaves that big a gap down the center so as a CF he is destined for failure unless we play a pure counter attack game.

He might succeed as an SS if the CF is some big guy who can hold up the ball and create space for him. But as a focal point we have no way of getting him in the game right now. He doesn't have the style to compete and we don't have the means to take advantage of his natural game there.

Signature
Quote:

Last edited by Casualista; 05-03-2021 at 01:29.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:40   #355
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
That's always been his game. He has always looked to compete with an opponent in a 100m dash rather than a shoulder to shoulder. His early season success was because we could transition wings quickly and find him in space on the left as the opponents had lost their shape when we loaded up the right. (Ibras second goal vs inter in the beginning of the season)

Our transitions currently suck because we don't have bennacer around.

No one leaves that big a gap down the center so as a CF he is destined for failure unless we play a pure counter attack game.

He might succeed as an SS if the CF is some big guy who can hold up the ball and create space for him. But as a focal point we have no way of getting him in the game right now. He doesn't have the style to compete and we don't have the means to take advantage of his natural game there.
Yeah, he thrives when teammates and careless opponents like Hakimi hand it to him on a silver platter.

Signature
Old 06-03-2021, 04:07   #356
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Yeah, he thrives when teammates and careless opponents like Hakimi hand it to him on a silver platter.
Not necessarily on a silver platter (he's not as bad as andre Silva) but he thrives in 1 on 1s. Hakimi was busy with Hernandez, which ensured he got to run at dambrosio.

More than getting into space the most annoying thing he was doing as CF was dropping deep , receiving the pass from center back and then instead of turning and trying to move the ball forward he would pass it right back to the other center back. So even when when he decided to move it was wasted effort.

Pioli should go back to rebic CF and try Hauge at LW. At this point it won't make a difference.

Signature
Quote:
Old 06-03-2021, 07:19   #357
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Not necessarily on a silver platter (he's not as bad as andre Silva) but he thrives in 1 on 1s. Hakimi was busy with Hernandez, which ensured he got to run at dambrosio.

More than getting into space the most annoying thing he was doing as CF was dropping deep , receiving the pass from center back and then instead of turning and trying to move the ball forward he would pass it right back to the other center back. So even when when he decided to move it was wasted effort.

Pioli should go back to rebic CF and try Hauge at LW. At this point it won't make a difference.
Busy with Theo? Hakimi wasn't even on the same flank.

Next time we face a parked bus I'd go with a 4-3-3 with Diaz as false 9, Rebic-Leao as wingers, Krunic-Tonali-Kessie midfield.
3 attackers that all can make quick turns and run at defenders.
I think a deeper starting point for Krunic will lead to a less crowded final third and more space for the front 3.
He will also have more horizontal defensive duties, which could offset having Theo and Leao in the team.

Signature
Old 06-03-2021, 21:34   #358
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Busy with Theo? Hakimi wasn't even on the same flank.

Next time we face a parked bus I'd go with a 4-3-3 with Diaz as false 9, Rebic-Leao as wingers, Krunic-Tonali-Kessie midfield.
3 attackers that all can make quick turns and run at defenders.
I think a deeper starting point for Krunic will lead to a less crowded final third and more space for the front 3.
He will also have more horizontal defensive duties, which could offset having Theo and Leao in the team.
False 9 you say.

So we don't need a traditional hold up CF to survive?

That Ben Yedder idea I floated earlier last year for a more dynamic formation suddenly seems viable

Signature
Quote:
Old 06-03-2021, 23:34   #359
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
False 9 you say.

So we don't need a traditional hold up CF to survive?

That Ben Yedder idea I floated earlier last year for a more dynamic formation suddenly seems viable
Midget false 9 can do, as makeshift. Worth a try at least.
But as main plan? Pass.

I'm not as desperate for an aerial beast as I used to be in December though. I enjoyed watching Milan have a frontman that presses like a maniac and reaches over-the-top balls. Ideally we'll have a versatile striker who is not as static as Zlatan, or as unreliable as finisher and targetman as Rebic. Maybe Belotti?

Signature
Old 07-03-2021, 16:11   #360
MilanMB
Serendipity

Had a much better game today than in recent weeks.

Signature
GOAT