Week 33: Lazio vs Milan 26/04/2021 20:45 CET

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
don't understand when people say napoli have an easy schedule ahead.
They still play against torino, cagliari, spezia and fiorentina, all teams that fight against relegation, these are often the toughest opponents, i can see them losing points left and right

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone else nervous as fuck?

Nope. This match defines if we are ready for CL football.

I am somewhat confident that we can step up and deliver a good result, given how we played earlier this season. Besides that the starting 11 seems promising all things considered.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Really low hopes for the match tonight, like the last time, im hoping for a fluke goal. Coaches head to head ours is a defeat of atleast 3x0.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else nervous as fuck?

Both excited and nervous. Also, taking a moment to savour that we are in the mix this late. Truly in it, not the let’s see other results kind of thing. If we win 4 of these next 6, we are most likely in. Doesn’t matter what other teams do.

If you remember during one of our exchanges a few weeks ago, I had said that we will not go on a tear but keep doing enough. 2 wins here, a draw or loss there...I still think that will be the case. We will keep things interesting, but not until round 38 in the end. We should seal it by 36.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
A win here means we can realistically drop 2 games and still secure top 4 regardless of other results. Add into that if Napoli loses any other game we could lose 2, draw 1 and win 3 for top 4 too which is more than achievable.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
A win here means we can realistically drop 2 games and still secure top 4 regardless of other results. Add into that if Napoli loses any other game we could lose 2, draw 1 and win 3 for top 4 too which is more than achievable.

Yes. A win here would be a huge psychological boost, put us on the cusp of breaking the 70 points barrier, right before a game against Benevento at home with Ibra coming back.

For me it's about margin of error, and you lay out nicely the point. Our margin of error at this point still remains greater than Juve's and Napoli's. And because we're so hyper-focused on our own missteps, we forget that Juventus have dropped points against Torino, Benevento, Fiorentina, and Atalanta in recent weeks. The first 3 at least they probably had penciled in as 9 points. Instead they got 2.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Yes. A win here would be a huge psychological boost, put us on the cusp of breaking the 70 points barrier, right before a game against Benevento at home with Ibra coming back.

For me it's about margin of error, and you lay out nicely the point. Our margin of error at this point still remains greater than Juve's and Napoli's. And because we're so hyper-focused on our own missteps, we forget that Juventus have dropped points against Torino, Benevento, Fiorentina, and Atalanta in recent weeks. The first 3 at least they probably had penciled in as 9 points. Instead they got 2.

Yeah, it's that time of the season where it comes into play and H2H, calucating points etc really matters. We've messed up big time in some games, but we have to remember that mathematically if we win tonight we're still second. We still have H2H against Juventus and Atalanta which while difficult aren't unwinnable. And, worst case scenario with a win tonight, we can lose both and still be fine if we can beat the other 3 teams we face if we say that Napoli win every remaining game. Any points they drop (or Juve/Atlanata) also play into our favor and potentially open up a draw we can afford instead of needing 3 points on the final day.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we dont win i will kill myself.

I just hope tantalis comes to my funeral and calls out my mother in front of everyone how she raised a weak man.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
don't understand when people say napoli have an easy schedule ahead.
They still play against torino, cagliari, spezia and fiorentina, all teams that fight against relegation, these are often the toughest opponents, i can see them losing points left and right

That's a good point as well and easy to forget sometimes. See Cagliari vs Roma or even Fiorentina vs Juventus yesterday for example.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
If we dont win i will kill myself.

I just hope tantalis comes to my funeral and calls out my mother in front of everyone how she raised a weak man.

I wish you never have to cut down someone who has killed himself. Not a topic I joke around about.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I wish you never have to cut down someone who has killed himself. Not a topic I joke around about.

Nice try. He fleeced you with that comment :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Both excited and nervous. Also, taking a moment to savour that we are in the mix this late. Truly in it, not the let?s see other results kind of thing. If we win 4 of these next 6, we are most likely in. Doesn?t matter what other teams do.

If you remember during one of our exchanges a few weeks ago, I had said that we will not go on a tear but keep doing enough. 2 wins here, a draw or loss there...I still think that will be the case. We will keep things interesting, but not until round 38 in the end. We should seal it by 36.

Your guessed outcome is the likelier, I agree, but I think there's a more than fair chance that we go on a tear with a win in this game. We've been one of the best teams in the league, and with players returning and a point to prove I'm also hopeful that we can use this season finale to show who we really are as a team.

My preferred ending for the remaining game are losses vs Benevento and Torino and victories in all the rest :D

MilanBlood

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Forza milan! Show them that RAGE after loosing a game and beat the shit out of them! Make a statement!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Your guessed outcome is the likelier, I agree, but I think there's a more than fair chance that we go on a tear with a win in this game. We've been one of the best teams in the league, and with players returning and a point to prove I'm also hopeful that we can use this season finale to show who we really are as a team.

My preferred ending for the remaining game are losses vs Benevento and Torino and victories in all the rest :D

My preferred ending is winning them all, Inter go winless (2D, 3L) to end on 81 points while we end on 84 :D

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan (probable): G. Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Tomori, Theo Hernandez; Bennacer, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Calhanoglu, Rebic; Mandzukic

That could be my favorite XI if all those players were fit.
But barely any of them are.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Avanti ragazzi!!! Towards victory!!! Dai!! Dai!! DAI RAGAZZI!!! End these Nazio scums

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Need a fired up Hakan tonight. Hopefully this contract situation won’t affect him.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Ez6qjQ4WEAk0dqW

Bench: Jungdal, Tătărușanu, Dalot, Gabbia, Kalulu, Romagnoli, Castillejo, D?az, Hauge, Krunić, Me?te, Tonali, Le?o.

Official Lazio XI (3-5-2): Reina; Marusic, Acerbi, Radu; Lazzari, Milinkovic, Leiva, Luis Alberto, Lulic; Immboile, Correa.

Bench: Alia, Strakosha, Hoedt, Patric, Akpa Akpro, Cataldi, Fares, Parolo, Pereira, Muriqi.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Mandzooooo. Now or never. Dai! Lets go

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Really hope our players recently returned are in shape - Bennacer, Calabria and Mandzukic in particular. It's a big game, potential make-or-break for CL spots at this point. Really need something special from Hakan, Mandzu, Rebic and co.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Nope. This match defines if we are ready for CL football.

I am somewhat confident that we can step up and deliver a good result, given how we played earlier this season. Besides that the starting 11 seems promising all things considered.
We were never a CL team.
Not even when we were at our highest level.
Most CL teams would rip us apart.
Tonight will show our real character.
Are we a CL qualifier team or a midtable team.
Lazio is a team that usauly spank so lets see.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Away game, late start time. Good feeling about this.

Schedule