The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 09-10-2016, 05:31   #2301
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Romagnoli, Robben

Enjoy that defense bisping because it'll be your only one. Barely beat a 46 year old man.
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:35   #2302
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milaniscool View Post
Enjoy that defense bisping because it'll be your only one. Barely beat a 46 year old man.
none of the 4 top contenders can hit like this 46 year old man.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:40   #2303
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
none of the 4 top contenders can hit like this 46 year old man.
They don't have to. Weidman and Jacare wash Bisping definitely.the other two probably beat him too.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:44   #2304
Sage
Phase 3

the other two that "probably" beat him beat weidman and jacare.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:56   #2305
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
the other two that "probably" beat him beat weidman and jacare.
I say probably to Rockhold because they have beat each other. With Romero I get a weird feeling about the guy but if he beats Weidman I think he gets the shot.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:53   #2306
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

I don't think Bisping will manage to defend his title again either, he's had his fun.

That said, I think the judges got it right, Bisping won the second round despite the knock down.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 18:29   #2307
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Take back what i said. Mousassi is amazing. Easily top 4 material. He will beat weidman and romero.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 15:48   #2308
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I don't think Bisping will manage to defend his title again either, he's had his fun.

That said, I think the judges got it right, Bisping won the second round despite the knock down.

I'd have to say that everyone (pro-fighters included) who is saying Hendo won or even claiming it is a robbery, they have to have some kind of sentiment wanting Hendo to go out with another gold (the only one he hasn't got) or that they despise Bisping on a personal or a professional level.

The knockdown in question of Round 2 should not have scored the round for Hendo. I wouldn't even feel comfortable giving the round 9-9. After being knocked down, Bisping recovered immediately and Hendo was in his full guard and did not land any more significant shots. It would be a real stretch to give that round to Henderson and I fall into the camp of those wanting to see him go out with the UFC belt.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 17:48   #2309
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post

I'd have to say that everyone (pro-fighters included) who is saying Hendo won or even claiming it is a robbery, they have to have some kind of sentiment wanting Hendo to go out with another gold (the only one he hasn't got) or that they despise Bisping on a personal or a professional level.

The knockdown in question of Round 2 should not have scored the round for Hendo. I wouldn't even feel comfortable giving the round 9-9. After being knocked down, Bisping recovered immediately and Hendo was in his full guard and did not land any more significant shots. It would be a real stretch to give that round to Henderson and I fall into the camp of those wanting to see him go out with the UFC belt.
So many has also been saying that round one was a 10-8, I don't get that either.

Signature
GOAT
Old 12-10-2016, 18:21   #2310
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Tbf if you watch the fight and judge it based on damage inflicted by both fighters then hendo clearly won.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 12-10-2016 at 19:08.
Old 12-10-2016, 18:44   #2311
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
Tbh if you watch the fight and judge based on damage then hendo clearly won.
"if"

the judges don't have just "damage" as their criteria.

i'm not saying that judges ALWAYS get it right... but 99% of the fights they get it right, based on what the rules say, and this was one of them.

Signature
GOAT
Old 12-10-2016, 19:10   #2312
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
"if"

the judges don't have just "damage" as their criteria.

i'm not saying that judges ALWAYS get it right... but 99% of the fights they get it right, based on what the rules say, and this was one of them.
Oh 100% for sure bisping won the fight. I completely agree. I am just stating my opinion thats all. No doubt bisping won based on the rules of mma. However, i do think that the system is flawed.
As hendo claimed, bisping literally dint do any damage and utilized a point fighting approach like gsp. Hendo threw some bombs and nearly ko'd him. Bisping was rushed to the hospital right after the fight. Imo hendo won in truth but going by the rule book, bisping outsmarted him.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 12-10-2016 at 19:13.
Old 12-10-2016, 19:19   #2313
MilanMB
Serendipity

or rather outworked him, hendo was just standing there the whole fight

i think much of the reason for bispings bad performance was mentally, he was so afraid of getting knocked out by that right hand again. would have been hilarious if it happened again. and btw, good job from him to manage to recover.

anyway... jacare, rockhold, romero, weidman and mousassi coming for him. he should have retired together with hendo

Signature
GOAT
Old 12-10-2016, 19:46   #2314
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
Oh 100% for sure bisping won the fight. I completely agree. I am just stating my opinion thats all. No doubt bisping won based on the rules of mma. However, i do think that the system is flawed.
As hendo claimed, bisping literally dint do any damage and utilized a point fighting approach like gsp. Hendo threw some bombs and nearly ko'd him. Bisping was rushed to the hospital right after the fight. Imo hendo won in truth but going by the rule book, bisping outsmarted him.
If you look at it that way, yes.

But even from a holistic view or even just a damage point of view, Hendo would have lost and this is coming from a Hendo fan. Before the nut shot time out, Hendo was close to being done and although the shots from Bisping weren't going to knock him out, they were zapping his energy and he was physically taking a beating.

System is flawed, yes. But this fight did not show that. The second shot was significantly overstated compare to the one in the first round. Even so, you could tell Bisping was intelligently defending himself. If we are talking about flawed system, one half assed take down plus some half attempts at big shots in Round 5 won that round for Hendo in many people's eyes. That is flawed.

Signature
Old 12-10-2016, 20:03   #2315
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
or rather outworked him, hendo was just standing there the whole fight

i think much of the reason for bispings bad performance was mentally, he was so afraid of getting knocked out by that right hand again. would have been hilarious if it happened again. and btw, good job from him to manage to recover.

anyway... jacare, rockhold, romero, weidman and mousassi coming for him. he should have retired together with hendo
Good point about the mental aspect. I agree. That played a part in his poor performance. But credit should be given to bisping cause he recovered well.

My personal top 5 based on their level of ability in middleweight right now is;
1. Jacare
2. Rockhold
3. Romero
4. Mousasi
5. Weidman
Old 12-10-2016, 20:05   #2316
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Rumor: Tate breaks up with Caraway

Always thought he was kind of holding her back

Signature
Old 12-10-2016, 20:05   #2317
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
If you look at it that way, yes.

But even from a holistic view or even just a damage point of view, Hendo would have lost and this is coming from a Hendo fan. Before the nut shot time out, Hendo was close to being done and although the shots from Bisping weren't going to knock him out, they were zapping his energy and he was physically taking a beating.

System is flawed, yes. But this fight did not show that. The second shot was significantly overstated compare to the one in the first round. Even so, you could tell Bisping was intelligently defending himself. If we are talking about flawed system, one half assed take down plus some half attempts at big shots in Round 5 won that round for Hendo in many people's eyes. That is flawed.
True. But who received more damage in your opinion overall? I mean bisping couldnt even attend tbe press conference. In his own words he said that hendo beat the crap out of him. Bisping won the fight no doubt but he definitely underperformed.
Old 12-10-2016, 20:15   #2318
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Rumor: Tate breaks up with Caraway

Always thought he was kind of holding her back
please, just don't curu

Signature
GOAT
Old 12-10-2016, 20:34   #2319
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Rousey finally comes back on Dec 29th for the belt. I think she should rematch Holm but this will be fun to watch too. I wonder how she will come back after that devastating loss. I guess she has played enough Pokemon to get over her last fight.
Old 12-10-2016, 20:42   #2320
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
please, just don't curu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milaniscool View Post
Rousey finally comes back on Dec 29th for the belt. I think she should rematch Holm but this will be fun to watch too. I wonder how she will come back after that devastating loss. I guess she has played enough Pokemon to get over her last fight.
Not big on Rousey right now. I still think she has world class grappling skills but her mentality is weak and she is taking this fight because Amanda Nunes is perceived to be the easy fight.

She did everything she could to duck Cyborg (don't bring up weight because she was willing to fight Gina at 140 and even before posted she wanted to fight 140 at UFC while keeping her 135 title at SF). Then she took a "break" to not rematch Holly and started talking about fighting as soon as Holly lost.

Signature