The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 05-04-2018, 19:21   #3301
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Wilder has been adamant lately that he wants the fight, and AJ's camp keeps stalling.

Its the fight to make, and is gonna be a tough one for AJ because he won't have a reach advantage here.

His boxing technique is clearly better than Wilder's, but the later hits like a mad truck. AJ will have to have his jab on point that night, otherwise he is going to get slept.

The liver shot is also there for AJ, Wilder leaves himself open a lot when he tries to reach over the opponents guard to knock them down. (seriously that's one of the worst boxing techniques ever that he constantly does, but the immense power gets him trough it )

/my 2 cents.

Haven't watched much boxing in the last couple of years. If it happens, it will be an absorbing fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
molto respect to max for taking the fight, but I hope he's getting a big compensation for this because it's a massive risk.
Thought the same, but do you mean more in terms of a physical risk or a risk to his career trajectory?

I can't see how Khabib doesn't win this.

Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!

Last edited by nonsonoqui; 05-04-2018 at 19:24.
nonsonoqui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 21:35   #3302
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

Following the latest drama?

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 21:53   #3303
Sage
Phase 3

conor mcgregor is such a pro wrestler, and I love him for it.

btw, brock lesnar is going to sign with the UFC, sunday is his last WWE appearance.

Last edited by Sage; 05-04-2018 at 21:58.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 00:04   #3304
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Is he the champ with his contract up at wrestlemania?

If so loses obviously
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:25   #3305
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Conor is so scared of Khabib, he's desperate to get jailed and get his bum's life changed in the showers.

Pretty pathetic btw, hope Borg sues him enough so that he has to fight again and finally gets rolled by Khabib, Tony and Max - hey, maybe even Ortega gets to join in the fun.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence

I exist to make Merda fans miserable
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:09   #3306
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
conor mcgregor is such a pro wrestler, and I love him for it.

btw, brock lesnar is going to sign with the UFC, sunday is his last WWE appearance.
If Connor fights for UFC again, they might as well cross promote with WWE from now on.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:20   #3307
Sage
Phase 3

sucks what happened to chiesa and borg, didn't know about it when I read what happened.

mcgregor going to ko khabib later this year.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:53   #3308
MilanMB
Serendipity

This was just mehhh. You got to be 14 years old to think this shit is cool. On top of that, two fighters got injured and had to pull out

Maybe this creates more ppv's but definitely not worth it. I hate that this sport is becoming mainstream.

Signature
GOAT
Old 06-04-2018, 13:13   #3309
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Quote:
sucks what happened to chiesa and borg, didn't know about it when I read what happened.

mcgregor going to ko khabib later this year.
If he stops running from Khabib and finally takes the fight, Khabib will make Conor look like a sex crime victim.

Quote:
This was just mehhh. You got to be 14 years old to think this shit is cool. On top of that, two fighters got injured and had to pull out

Maybe this creates more ppv's but definitely not worth it. I hate that this sport is becoming mainstream.
I don't think this is necessarily the sport turning mainstream but more Conor being a fucking idiot. That being said, Dana giving Conor this special treatment basically encouraged others to imitate him and everyone to call for money fights.

Signature

Old 06-04-2018, 13:14   #3310
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 13:21   #3311
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
If he stops running from Khabib and finally takes the fight, Khabib will make Conor look like a sex crime victim.
1st round ko when khabib rushes into him with that shitty stand up

I like khabib, but he has so many holes in his stand up, and the way he gets u down is by pressuring you and eating shots...IMO he won't be able to eat mcgregor's shots.

however, if he's able to eat mcgregor's shots...it's going to be 3-5 rounds of punishment.

Last edited by Sage; 06-04-2018 at 13:24.
Old 06-04-2018, 13:34   #3312
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:

I don't think this is necessarily the sport turning mainstream but more Conor being a fucking idiot. That being said, Dana giving Conor this special treatment basically encouraged others to imitate him and everyone to call for money fights.
Yeah, also that conor's being a fucking idiot

Signature
GOAT
Old 06-04-2018, 14:18   #3313
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
1st round ko when khabib rushes into him with that shitty stand up

I like khabib, but he has so many holes in his stand up, and the way he gets u down is by pressuring you and eating shots...IMO he won't be able to eat mcgregor's shots.

however, if he's able to eat mcgregor's shots...it's going to be 3-5 rounds of punishment.
You need to believe more in the Eagle, as long as his knees stay intact at AKA, they'll make him a champ with multiple title defenses.

I'm really not too concerned about his standup. It's getting better and he had no issue with a great striker in Barboza. He was rocked once by Johnson and dominated him otherwise. I think he'll continue to grow.

We don't know how good Khabib's chin is since it hardly ever gets tested but if I had to guess, it's probably pretty good and look, if Nate can have two competitive fights against McGregor, then I'm liking Khabib's chances a lot.

BTW - Khabib made championship weight, the belt is within his grasp.

Signature

Old 06-04-2018, 14:24   #3314
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
You need to believe more in the Eagle, as long as his knees stay intact at AKA, they'll make him a champ with multiple title defenses.

I'm really not too concerned about his standup. It's getting better and he had no issue with a great striker in Barboza. He was rocked once by Johnson and dominated him otherwise. I think he'll continue to grow.

We don't know how good Khabib's chin is since it hardly ever gets tested but if I had to guess, it's probably pretty good and look, if Nate can have two competitive fights against McGregor, then I'm liking Khabib's chances a lot.

BTW - Khabib made championship weight, the belt is within his grasp.
johnson is an average fighter and he still wobbled khabib, it's all about how much he can take before he takes you down.

mcgregor might as well be canelo in stand up compared to johnson, nate pieced johnson up as well.

you're right in 1 thing, his stand up did look better against barboza and it can always get better since it's limited, but how much better can get it + I really think they're going to book this fight for the end of the year...they'll be insane not to, so time isn't on his side to further improve his stand up.

this fight is probably going to be the biggest drawing UFC event of all time.
Old 06-04-2018, 14:26   #3315
Sage
Phase 3

I have a feeling holloway is going to miss weight
Old 06-04-2018, 14:53   #3316
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
johnson is an average fighter and he still wobbled khabib, it's all about how much he can take before he takes you down.

mcgregor might as well be canelo in stand up compared to johnson, nate pieced johnson up as well.

you're right in 1 thing, his stand up did look better against barboza and it can always get better since it's limited, but how much better can get it + I really think they're going to book this fight for the end of the year...they'll be insane not to, so time isn't on his side to further improve his stand up.

Connor can beat him but its highly unlikely. Khabib will maul him. He trains with much bigger and stronger guys like dc and cain and rockhold. Who does connor have? Lel. Gunnar?
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 14:57   #3317
Sage
Phase 3

BREAKING: Max Holloway has been declared medically unfit to fight. Holloway is out of UFC 223. Per Dana White.

what a disaster of a sport

the only guy worth taking a shot at this is Al iaquinta, have him fight khabib for the title.

Iaquinta's UFC record

8-2 at LW, 5 fight win streak.
Old 06-04-2018, 15:39   #3318
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:

Of course Conor is much better than Johnson, especially this current Johnson that gets fucked up by anyone that even sneezes at him.

This fight is overdue, Khabib is game - all it takes is Conor to say yes because I know the UFC wont suspend him.

Quote:
BREAKING: Max Holloway has been declared medically unfit to fight. Holloway is out of UFC 223. Per Dana White.

what a disaster of a sport

the only guy worth taking a shot at this is Al iaquinta, have him fight khabib for the title.

Iaquinta's UFC record

8-2 at LW, 5 fight win streak.
For fucks sake. Was it the ankle or the weight? If it was the ankle, but fuck up by the UFC to not clear it earlier.

Fuck it, put Iaquinta in there, I just wanna see Khabib fight. Total mess, complete failure by the UFC.

They need to move to a model where they pay fighters to be ready to step in and not have to reach out to injured fighters from lower weight classes.

Wait - they could throw in Pettis in there, especially since Chiesa can't fight tomorrow.

Signature

Old 06-04-2018, 15:52   #3319
Sage
Phase 3

I'd much rather iaquinta over pettis, pettis is a past it average fighter at this point.

Iaquinta is actually talented, on a winning streak and had a proper camp.
Old 06-04-2018, 16:24   #3320
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Yeah, Pettis probably would've lost against Chiesa too but I get what the UFC is trying to do. You got a former champ going against Khabib for the belt. It was already hard enough to sell Tony getting the belt by beating nr 7 Kevin Lee, giving Khabib the belt after beating Nr 11 Iaquinta won't go over so well. I do realize Pettis is ranked even lower but at least he has past accomplishments.

Al definitely would've given Khabib a better fight, I expect Pettis to be like a Barboza repeat, just even more helpless.

The smartest thing for the UFC would've been calling up Poirier or Gaethje because they're pretty good and have a proper camp considering they fight the week after. Hindsight is 20/20, sad for Max, was really cool he took the fight anyway, can't blame him.

Edit: Now Felder gets the spot because Pettis asked for more money to take the beating.. what a mess of a sport. Worse state than our takeover last year.
Edit2: Felder can't take the fight because the commission won't let it happen due to low rankings end me please

Signature

Last edited by Alec; 06-04-2018 at 16:59.