Week 35: Juventus vs Milan 9/05/2021 20:45 CEST

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Woke up with such a big smile on my face!! Never couldve dreamed of this performance and result . So fucking beautifulllll. Lets smash Torino Wednesday and hope Locatelli scores another couple screamers against the scumbags so we lock this up :)

Anyone have a link for full match ?

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
6 points will almost certainly do it.

i cant think of a scenario where 6 points will not be enoughh, care to elaborate?

with 6 points we?re at 78.

- lazio can not get us as their max is 76 points even if they win all games.
- juve can only get up to 78 points if they win it all, and even then we have the H2
- napoli can get to 79 points, so they might overtake us if they win it all
- atalanta can overtake us, they can get to 81 if they beat us (and our 6 points are not partly taken from them)

even in this ?worst case? scenario we are still on fourth, right?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i cant think of a scenario where 6 points will not be enoughh, care to elaborate?

- juve can only get up to 78 points if they win it all, and even then we have the H2
- atalanta can overtake us, they can get to 81 if they beat us (and our 6 points are not partly taken from them)

I was wrong, 6 points are enough. For some reason I had Lazio getting to 78.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Any screenshots from Juve forums?
Losing a key head to head + the risk of being banned from CL for 2 years.

Those poor lads must be in full meltdown mode.

p.s. Spanking Pirlo makes this 100x more satisfying.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I think the most impressive thing about the game was how we didn?t crumble after the miss. I was shattered and thought for sure it was the turning point as usual.
Indeed.
We showed maturity & concentration for the entire game.
I woke up happy & satisfied thx to Pioli & the entire team.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was wrong, 6 points are enough. For some reason I had Lazio getting to 78.

Actually there is a tiny possibility that 6 points, or 78, might not be enough.

Atalanta, Milan and Juve could all finish on 78 points, below Napoli on 79.
Juve and Napoli would need to win all their remaining games to reach that tally.
Atalanta and Milan would need to win 2 and lose 1 each.
If our loss occurs against Atalanta then we'd finish 5th because we'd only have 3 points in the H2H games against these 2 teams, whereas Atalanta and Juve would have 10 and 4, respectively.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually there is a tiny possibility that 6 points, or 78, might not be enough.

Atalanta, Milan and Juve could all finish on 78 points, below Napoli on 79.
Juve and Napoli would need to win all their remaining games to reach that tally.
Atalanta and Milan would need to win 2 and lose 1 each.
If our loss occurs against Atalanta then we'd finish 5th because we'd only have 3 points in the H2H games against these 2 teams, whereas Atalanta and Juve would have 10 and 4, respectively.
Win two game & we guarantee CL.
We will edge Juve @ 78 points.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Win two game & we guarantee CL.
We will edge Juve @ 78 points.

We have the H2H advantage over Juve, but if Juve, Milan and Atalanta all finish on 78 points, then the H2H games between those 3 teams will be treated as a league table on it's own.
Atalanta and Juve have obtained more points than us in those games so far. We would need to beat Atalanta to avoid finishing 5th.

Like I said it's only a tiny possibility, but it's possible, mathematically.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Did you see Juve yesterday? They’re not going to get 9 points :D

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
My point exactly, i saw them against Udinese and i didn’t see a team picking up 15 points in the last 5..

I don’t see us win the next 3 games either btw.

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
I think after this win we're back to 2020 mode and fully expect 9 pts in last three games

finish the season on nice, comfy 81pts

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Yesterday and today all day long, whenever looking at the score or goal replays afterwards:

BlandGloomyAntelopegroundsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

What a way to break their new stadium curse, I was still having doubts after the first goal, but when the second came I knew we weren't going to let them back into the match. The cherry on top of the cake was hearing the commentator here ( who I assume is a big Juventus fan ) be a bitter twat all game long :lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Turns out I was right for the wrong reasons, there's a scenario we don't qualify with 6 points if Atalanta, Milan and Juve end up in a 3 way tie, depending on our result with Atalanta. Thanks to namarov for the elaboration:

Just wanted to let you know - regarding the last game thread - that there is one scenario when 6 pts do not guarantee us CL spot. That is when
- Napoli wins all their games and finishes with 79 pts (2nd place)
- Juve wins all remainng games
- we win our next two games
- Atalanta gets 3 pts from next 2 games
- we loose the last game against Atalanta

We end up in a 3-way tie between us, Atalanta and Juve (all at 78 pts)

In a "little table" we are last:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/serie-...on_id_bis=2020

cheers

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have the H2H advantage over Juve, but if Juve, Milan and Atalanta all finish on 78 points, then the H2H games between those 3 teams will be treated as a league table on it's own.
Atalanta and Juve have obtained more points than us in those games so far. We would need to beat Atalanta to avoid finishing 5th.

So it's in our best interest if Atalanta win enough to get past 78.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

this doesn't make sense to me. if we're all tied on points, both us and atalanta have the h2h advantage over juve so we should both end up being above them?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
this doesn't make sense to me. if we're all tied on points, both us and atalanta have the h2h advantage over juve so we should both end up being above them?

It creates a three way h2h, or micro-table.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

In a 3 way tie on points, the head 2 head accounts for all 3 teams, not just Milan v Juve and Milan v Atalanta.

It takes into account all 4 games, in which case, IF Milan don't win against Atalanta in the last match:

- Milan will have won 3 points from 4 games against Juve & Atalanta.
- Juve will have won 4 points from 4 games against Milan & Atalanta.
- Atalanta will have won 10 points from 4 games against Milan and Juventus.

In this scenario, Milan will have earned the least amount of points, and thus will be ranked last place.

This case is highly unlikely unless Juve manage to take all 9 points off their last 3 matches, but they play Sassuolo, Inter before Bologna last round.
But it's still a possibility.

Best case is to ignore what the other teams do and just earn the 6 points from the next 2 matches.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Nice, nice, nice game!
Pioli didnt allowed Ibra to get isolated and didnt go full mode winger.

Two strikers was the way to go.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This match really showed the potential of this team which is the football we all saw for most f 2020. It's there and that's why it's all about keeping the core and reinforcing here and there in the next few years no matter if we qualify for CL or not.

I'll keep beating the drum of fitness. This season was derailed because of a very poor physical preparation. All those injuries took a tool on the team and a lot of our best players not only lost big parts of the season but they came back playing at 60% of their potential and took ages to look good again. This is a young team and this shit shouldn't happen. Every club in Europe had covid season and weird preseason but few suffered as much as Milan did.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hmmm , thats brand new information.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In a 3 way tie on points, the head 2 head accounts for all 3 teams, not just Milan v Juve and Milan v Atalanta.

It takes into account all 4 games, in which case, IF Milan don't win against Atalanta in the last match:

- Milan will have won 3 points from 4 games against Juve & Atalanta.
- Juve will have won 4 points from 4 games against Milan & Atalanta.
- Atalanta will have won 10 points from 4 games against Milan and Juventus.

In this scenario, Milan will have earned the least amount of points, and thus will be ranked last place.

This case is highly unlikely unless Juve manage to take all 9 points off their last 3 matches, but they play Sassuolo, Inter before Bologna last round.
But it's still a possibility.

Best case is to ignore what the other teams do and just earn the 6 points from the next 2 matches.
+ cheer for Atalanta to win their two games before we meet.
My prediction is that the last game wont affect both team qualifying for the Cl & Juve will be out.
We then will be playing for ranking/$ & Donna will activate god $ mode :lol:

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Meite is so bad, can't understand Pioli's subbing him on ever... he comes on and on Dybala's effort runs into no man land and then tries to challenge him once way out of the play and ends up running into Theo who actually is getting close enough to challenge Dybala and ends up taking both himself and Theo out of the play and Dybala gets the shot off and scares us all... That goes in, no more head to head advantage... stop playing this joke of a player Pioli, I'd rather play a random youth product than this trash.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meite is so bad, can't understand Pioli's subbing him on ever... he comes on and on Dybala's effort runs into no man land and then tries to challenge him once way out of the play and ends up running into Theo who actually is getting close enough to challenge Dybala and ends up taking both himself and Theo out of the play and Dybala gets the shot off and scares us all... That goes in, no more head to head advantage... stop playing this joke of a player Pioli, I'd rather play a random youth product than this trash.

Meite goes back and forth between great and disastrous, whereas Tonali has been consistently average.