The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 01-03-2021, 20:35   #4301
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Romagnoli is slower than the ball boys at bayern. It's a no contest.

Nonsense.
Even Kaladze with an avenue in front of him showed what he was able to do. My point is, Romagnoli doesnt have a 'speed' problem, is more deep than that.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:07   #4302
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
Maldini: "Surely Romagnoli is not happy to be benched, this is normal. There has been rotation for everyone. If Milan has 17 points more than last year, we owe it to those who have played every game so far and Alessio is one of them."

He will come back better.
Maldini meant we managed to get 3 points in Rome thanks to Roma sitting on the bench. He sugar coated it.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:01   #4303
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
Even Kaladze with an avenue in front of him showed what he was able to do. My point is, Romagnoli doesnt have a 'speed' problem, is more deep than that.
It's deeper alright.

He doesn't just have a speed problem. He has a positioning , strength , brain and instinct problem to go along with living life at 0.75x speed.

I have to check if my stream stopped working every single time hes involved.... "Oh nope. Romagnoli.exe is just taking time to load again" ..

Last edited by Casualista; 02-03-2021 at 02:05.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:42   #4304
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
It's deeper alright.

He doesn't just have a speed problem. He has a positioning , strength , brain and instinct problem to go along with living life at 0.75x speed.

I have to check if my stream stopped working every single time hes involved.... "Oh nope. Romagnoli.exe is just taking time to load again" ..
Just wait 4 years, when he will start peaking.
I still believe he would do better with Tomori or Kalulu next to him instead of Kjaer, Musachio or Bonucci did.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:04   #4305
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,

Quote:
It's deeper alright.

Not really sure what you have been watching, it's clear he struggles physically but so would most given the amount of games he has played. I fully believe fatigue is the issue, he is a smart defender who relies on his positioning and football iq.

The knee jerk reaction is hilarious by some of you, let the guy get some rest and get back to his original form.

Signature
New Era
BreadPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:26   #4306
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
I still believe he would do better with Tomori or Kalulu next to him instead of Kjaer, Musachio or Bonucci did.
Inshallah , and may Bari benefit mightily from this

He will do better relatively because they will look worse in his presence.

Strong hunch he hampers their development if they play with him given his 0 leadership skills. Might even get more mileage from starting gabbia and kalulu together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadPitt View Post
I fully believe fatigue is the issue, he is a smart defender who relies on his positioning and football iq.
He has always had the stamina of an aids patient running a 10k to raise awareness. Breathing looks like a difficult chore to him.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:55   #4307
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,

Quote:
Inshallah , and may Bari benefit mightily from this

He will do better relatively because they will look worse in his presence.

Strong hunch he hampers their development if they play with him given his 0 leadership skills. Might even get more mileage from starting gabbia and kalulu together.

He has always had the stamina of an aids patient running a 10k to raise awareness. Breathing looks like a difficult chore to him.

Too much football manager, starting Gabbia and Kalulu together?

So if he has always had rubbish stamina and physicality and nothing has changed why has he perfomed well enough for the past few years. It's a rough patch of form largely down to fatigue.

Signature
New Era
Old 02-03-2021, 09:01   #4308
Casualista
Banned

Quote:

So if he has always had rubbish stamina and physicality and nothing has changed why has he perfomed well enough for the past few years. It's a rough patch of form largely down to fatigue.
Performed well for the last few years ?

By what metric?

Certainly not clean sheets, goal difference or ...

Our position on the league table.
Old 02-03-2021, 13:11   #4309
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Quote:
It's deeper alright.

Be patient, italians defenders tend to rise late. Romagnoli will be at his best around 32, 33.

Only reason to lose our patient with him, is him asking 6m/year to Milan.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 15:08   #4310
Panache
World Cup Winner

Quote:

lol...4 years to start peaking? Should we loan him out for 4 years then and wait for him to peak? Imagine waiting 4 years for your captain to peak. Selllll!
Panache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 15:23   #4311
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Performed well for the last few years ?

By what metric?

Certainly not clean sheets, goal difference or ...

Our position on the league table.
I mean by actually watching his peformances. Not just in the last few weeks.

Typical stats peddling by your metrics you would never by a player from a lower league club.

Stick to football manager

Signature
New Era
Old 02-03-2021, 15:33   #4312
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
I mean by actually watching his peformances. Not just in the last few weeks.

Typical stats peddling by your metrics you would never by a player from a lower league club.

Stick to football manager
Yeah how can any stat even come close to capturing the magnificence of moments like these.

Old 02-03-2021, 16:11   #4313
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Yeah how can any stat even come close to capturing the magnificence of moments like these.

My oh my you found a gif of a footballer making a mistake.

Must mean hes worth 1 euro.

Signature
New Era
Old 02-03-2021, 17:00   #4314
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
My oh my you found a gif of a footballer making a mistake.

Must mean hes worth 1 euro.
Yes, stats which represent an aggregation of his performance should not be a consideration.

Unlimited videos of him getting pushed around in all sorts of priceless ways should not be a consideration (obviously there's a lot more where that came from).

The only thing we should consider are ur choice of anecdotal evidences.

Lol run along. He's gone in the summer. Let's see if milan manage to recoupe even what they bought him for. That should be evidence enough of how much his existence has cost us.
Old 02-03-2021, 17:13   #4315
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

I think his tackles per 90 stats shows a clear regression this season.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 17:19   #4316
mALDINI03
Wonderkid

Quote:

He had performed well in the past few years because the rest of the CB are poor in quality and most of the mistakes were committed by other worst off defenders and any mistakes by Romagnoli is immediately forgiven because he was the favorite and star man of Milan. Now that the standard are getting higher with Kjaer, Tomori and Kalulu, it has becoming increasing obvious that Romagnoli has not been up to par.

I still rate Romagnoli as a good defender but to be great he has to improve a lot more on his tackling and physical. All defenders are primarily judge by his ability to dispose or win the ball back during a 1 on 1 situation, something that Romagnoli need to seriously improve.

Last edited by mALDINI03; 02-03-2021 at 17:34.
mALDINI03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 19:27   #4317
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Yes, stats which represent an aggregation of his performance should not be a consideration.

Unlimited videos of him getting pushed around in all sorts of priceless ways should not be a consideration (obviously there's a lot more where that came from).

The only thing we should consider are ur choice of anecdotal evidences.

Lol run along. He's gone in the summer. Let's see if milan manage to recoupe even what they bought him for. That should be evidence enough of how much his existence has cost us.
What are you even talking about, anecdotal evidence? Stats are not the only measure when assessing a players performance. If that was the case you would not buy from lower leagues, you can morph players and players can also go through rough patches, that's why I understand management benching him and letting him recover.

By your reasoning we would get rid of a player every time they had a bad patch, might as well get rid of the whole team then.

Anyway Let's see if he is sold and to whom, we have differing opinions lets see how it turns out.

Signature
New Era

Last edited by BreadPitt; 02-03-2021 at 19:41.
Old 02-03-2021, 22:57   #4318
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:
Maldini: "Surely Romagnoli is not happy to be benched, this is normal. There has been rotation for everyone. If Milan has 17 points more than last year, we owe it to those who have played every game so far and Alessio is one of them."

He will come back better.
So is Samu
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 23:11   #4319
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
https://i.imgur.com/wOXtAGS.png
Dribbled past %

20/21: 43%
19/20: 17.6%
18/19: 8.3%
17/18: 20%
16/17: 21.4%
15/16: 17.6%

Theo and the high press is more challenging for him than Grintics and RicRod, but he was good even under Pioli until the July injury.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 00:46   #4320
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka, T. Silva. Current AC - Ibra, Calabria, Tonali, Kjaer

I never understand how some people seem to revel in players in terrible form who play for the team they support.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote