The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I'l admit i haven't been a fan of Maldini's + Boban management so far, but the work in recent days is what i would expect for somebody in their position.

Ace work, getting rid of Suso for a decent sum + getting back money from Piatek, who is a shame did not work out here.

RR gone as well would be great for the budget. It would seem this management actually has a plan, hopefully they have the financial backing as well.

Elliot need to give them some money, so this teams gets back into CL and get some of its prestige back. They would be able to flip the club on better terms then (probably the only reason they haven't discarded us so far).

Also its quite curious that Saudi's aren't all over us, must be a catholic - islamic thing.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, if we gonna get Salemaekers, then we better should have kept Suso. That's how mediocre he is. Even Anderlecht is willing to let him go, they don't necessarily want to keep him. Would be a huge disappointment of this mercato

Jep, you don’t see them selling their better talents.
Kana and Sambi look like real gems.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
MN - Milan, offer for Viña: expensive loan with redemption obligation under certain conditions

Anyone know anything about this guy, can be play both wingback positions?

Looks like he's mostly played as left back in a flat back four and as left wingback/midfield in a 3-4-3 and occasionally (maybe only once) on the right side of the back 3.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When you've fucked up your job of increasing sponsorship revenue so badly that you have to use player sales to make up the difference. :proud:

Gazidiz came to clean up the mess, primarily financial, and lay groundwork for future success, which is not possible with budget structure we have had.
He is doing a pretty good job.
Sponsors will come after sporting success

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
If we sign vina I would not be surprised to see Theo tried as a lw.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
If we sign vina I would not be surprised to see Theo tried as a lw.

Agree, not sure I agree with it though because he starts runs from inside out half and gains top speed... if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
How does capitals gains work?

The player's value on a club's books decreases every year by the transfer fee paid divided by the length of the contract they signed in year.

We paid 35m for Piatek on a 4.5 year contract, so his value on our books decreases by 7.78m a year. So his value on our books is now 27.22m and selling him for 28m makes a capital gain of 780,000 Euros.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The player's value on a club's books decreases every year by the transfer fee paid divided by the length of the contract they signed in year.

We paid 35m for Piatek on a 4.5 year contract, so his value on our books decreases by 7.78m a year. So his value on our books is now 27.22m and selling him for 28m makes a capital gain of 780,000 Euros.
This.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Agree, not sure I agree with it though because he starts runs from inside out half and gains top speed... if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it.

It won't hurt trying it for a game or two. Remember bale was a lb when he went to spurs. I am so interested to see some pace at milan. Samu, leao,Theo and rebic have a lot of explosive speed and it has given opponents problems over the last few games. I hope this vina boy has some leg about him as well.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
Federico Viñas is a really serious talent, btw. Came out of nothing but is demonstrating why they go crazy for him in Mexico. Besides the obvious scoring qualities, he does everything else pretty good as well; the battling, the linkup, the pressing.

He has something about him. @UruguayanHeroes

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
A 22 man squad, without any new left back. It's actually a good squad size with no European competition, just not well balanced with too many of the wrong kind of midfielders and not enough strikers or wide players, plus 2 long term injuries.

Yes I prefer compact 21-23 man squads myself with everybody ready to be involved rather than bloated 33 man squads with many players who will never be considered for games.

But as you said Duarte is out until March/April, Biglia is also out for an extended time. And if Samu is injured we will not be able to attack with pace on the right.

Hakan can possibly play at CM but he is not a proper DM for a 442.

I'd like to see some investment in a significant midfield powerhouse - preferably someone tall and strong like Bakayoko to pair with Bennacer. Can't think of anyone else other than Matic but don't know if he is still the same player we remember.

I wish we got Cutrone back as he could learn a lot from Ibra but I guess that ship has sailed. Maybe Deulofeu could cover left, right, false 9. Might just be the ticket.

Would be nice to get Boateng for defence but this is unlikely since they cancelled Gabbia loan. They seem to be pleased with Kjaer.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Gazzetta - Milan, no Gazidis on Saelemaekers' arrival

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Gazidiz came to clean up the mess, primarily financial, and lay groundwork for future success, which is not possible with budget structure we have had.

Sporting success that you achieve by not replacing the players you sell?

I generally agree that the financial mess has been hugely improved, but since it was said that our work on the commercial side was way behind the times it seems like something more could have been achieved aside from a reduction in the Emirates deal and a merchandise only deal from Boglioli.

I think he added Bioscalin and Piquadro.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Wow. A nuanced post about Gazidis. 10 points to Belarus

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

I generally agree that the financial mess has been hugely improved, but since it was said that our work on the commercial side was way behind the times it seems like something more could have been achieved aside from a reduction in the Emirates deal and a merchandise only deal from Boglioli.

I think he added Bioscalin and Piquadro.

Let's wait until the window is closed before we decide if replacements haven't arrived.

I hated when Galliani said it, but this January some players return to the first XI has really felt like new signings. Rebic and Castillejo first and foremost.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I don't know how great Gazidis is seeing as he probably didn't have to work too hard to get sponsors for Arsenal who had stars like Fabregas and Van Persie and were playing in the money league as well as the Champions' League. Can't have been too hard. Besides, Wenger was notoriously tight with budgeting so finances were already stellar.

Now that he has to find sponsors for an ailing AC Milan he's not doing too great, not much better than anyone else could anyway.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know why they would be meeting with all these agents if Gazidis has apparently said no to all these potential moves...

Sounds like bs

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So for Suso, we can't monetize his departure yet because it hinges on CL qualification. But hopefully we're not paying part of his wages so 3m gross saved.

RR is 1m loan + 5m obligation right - so that means 6m minus 4.5m (considering he was bought for 15m so 3m a year) or 1.5m + 2.3m gross wages.

Piatek is 700k gained + 1.8m gross wages.

Borini probably was paid all his wages to leave. Reina maybe 1m saving on gross wages to swap with Begovic? Kjaer and Caldara's loan fees and wages probably cancelled each other's out.

Doesn't really leave much for purchases. Maybe all we have is enough to get a couple of loan with option deals and cover wages.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CorSera - Milan, Gazidis opposed the Paquetà-Bernardeschi exchange

wtf I love Gazidis now

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
West Ham have contacted Cagliari to get central midfielder Nandez on loan with a 40m€ obligation to buy in case Hammers would avoid relegation

[Tancredi Palmeri]

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The amount of bullshit italian reporters write is amazing.

Bottom feeders.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
CorSera - Milan, Gazidis opposed the Paquetà-Bernardeschi exchange

wtf I love Gazidis now

I don't know, I love Paqueta and I think he could really explode given the right environment. But it seems like he's gone AWOL mentally for whatever reason.

I hope if he stays he can fulfil his potential with us and first of all start to play regularly, otherwise he's just going to lose form and confidence on the bench, and be sold for Piatek's transfer fee or even lower.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Viña is highly rated in Uruguay. Crystal Palace are also interested in him. Not the worse for a Theo backup.
Saelemaekers is not that well rated by Belgian fans. Hope we avoid that deal.
33 hours left, who else are we linked with ?

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It's GDS FFS.
Even if GDS writes truth for once and he really blocked some transfers, then I'm sure he had financial reasons for it.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know, I love Paqueta and I think he could really explode given the right environment. But it seems like he's gone AWOL mentally for whatever reason.

I hope if he stays he can fulfil his potential with us and first of all start to play regularly, otherwise he's just going to lose form and confidence on the bench, and be sold for Piatek's transfer fee or even lower.

Correct, but exchange with Bernardeschi would be a really bad deal

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
GDS: Milan, go-ahead from Gazidis to Operation Viña

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule