The Rumour Commode XXXII: Raw Dog Era

Get rid of the poll?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
not really related to the commode but anyways...statistical probability of winning euros calculated by AI
E2-baTEWYAU9Ieq

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Throughout the summer months, while mercato stress is at its highest, we tend to forget the little things that really matter - so allow me to take a brief moment of your time to remind you all.

sheva-pippo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If CR7 is truly on the move we need to go all in for him

Hopefully Elliott will see the/a financial opportunity in it

All the fake MeToo/Times up sjw?s can leave
CR7 should come to Milan, play with Ibra, both should get us the CL. Ibra wins his CL with us and CR7 can rub it in to the Juve supporters..

Who am I kidding, he will probably go to PSG.

Sent from my CPH1861 using Tapatalk

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Cro behind Sweden, Switzerland and Dennark... AI my ass hagaha

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
> Diaz = needs to develop, even when he plays well don't let that cloud our judgement!!!
> Hakan = world class, pay him what he wants!!!

I do not understand. :D

I am glad you finally accept Hakan can go though, if it's Kamada (who we're not even linked to)?

Diaz has played well in like 10 games this season?

I'm really glad he performed in the last few games, but let's be realistic about him.

For all the talk about "consistency," Diaz is--understandably at his age--an inconsistent player.

Kamada is my youtube scouting pick for the sensible replacement for Hakan as I think De Paul is overrated, and at 40m, I'd rather not pay that.

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Raiola went back to Milan to see if they were willing to reconsider negotiating for Donnarumma. It?s unlikely that he comes back to Milan because Milan signed Maignan + Raiola would have to accept Milan's terms

[@Marcotti]

Forget it guys. Hes been a juve player since winter

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Diaz has played well in like 10 games this season?

I'm really glad he performed, but let's be realistic about him.

For all the talk about "consistency," Diaz is--understandably at his age--an inconsistent player.

Kamada is my youtube scouting pick for the sensible replacement for Hakan as I think De Paul is overrated, and at 40m, I'd rather not pay that.

You thinking between 15 - 25?

In other news - Barella is Serie A mid of the year.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Diaz needs to develop, the last few games where he did well should not cloud our judgment on the weaknesses that he does have. He doesn't pass well enough, he gets bullied (though he tries), and he needs to turn his tricks into production. His skills are great for youtube highlights, but they do not result in enough danger.

Diaz has the talent to become a world-beater, but he needs to develop. If this was the Milan of the 90's or early 2000's (Nesta, Rui Costa time) then yeah, spend the money to grab a prospect we like. But it's not. I hope we can renew the loan with an option, as I'd like to see if he can grow, because I like him a lot as a player.

:thumbsup:

I agree and i think he's willing to work hard to learn. Getting another loan with right of redemption would be a great move.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

I agree and i think he's willing to work hard to learn. Getting another loan with right of redemption would be a great move.
Seems like he has a great attitude. The attitude of humility and hard work. Bodes well for his future.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Apart from the financial side his wages pretty much fucked Baka?s career.

It's perfectly reasonable for a professional player to aim at maximizing the income, if they put their family above their personal ambitions.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Worrying about the 10m already spent on Tonali is a perfect example of the sunk cost fallacy. That money is gone. It shouldn't be used to justify spending any more than he's worth right now. The question Maldini and Massara should be asking is simple; is can anyone pay 25m to get Tonali, and is he worth 25m to Milan. If the answer to either of those questions is no then they need to renegotiate or walk away.

:thumbsup: Indeed, the question is, how much is he worth right now, and probably the answer is dubious because according to rumours we are still negotiating.

I think no one is willing to pay 25m plus 2m wage for him, so if Milan doesn't sign him he would be sent back to Brescia which would be a disaster for them and for the player too, so we can get a discount.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Cro behind Sweden, Switzerland and Dennark... AI my ass hagaha

you barely beat denmark. remember you won in penalties.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I cannot believe that ~almost~ all of you don’t want Hakan. I get that nobody here can remember past 5 games, it shows that most want dalot who was ass for most of the season tbh. Remember against United we were desperate for Kalulu and rookie to start, go look at the match thread.

Like I keep saying, Hakan isn’t the hardest to replace but it makes it so much easier to extend him(it he accepts the wages) and just move that budget into a RW or whatever else. Hakan wasn’t at his peak during the stretch but stop lying and rewriting the narrative. We were better off when he was playing then when we missed him. Since last summer, which is a season and a half worth of games, he has been good for most of that, incredible for a good portion of it, and poor for a couple months.

Ideally we keep Hakan if it makes sense and they sign some talent to compete with him.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Seems like he has a great attitude. The attitude of humility and hard work. Bodes well for his future.

specking of attitude.

just watched Leao (and Brahim & Dalot) in Spain v Portugal.

it was the same "swaggy stroll" on the field today ... then he got subbed out, same thing, going out on another side while sulking and throwing his arms around.

one of the most talented player we have had in a long time but damn...

at some point i thought Pioli had gotten to him, he was involved in the games for much longer periods...but it was just a phase of few games.

it's one thing to wait for one to unlock his talent...it's another thing when the holder of that talent seems so disinterested.

i highly rate Leao while i don't rate Tonali, but i'd be more inclined to be patient with Tonali than Leao if i was the coach.

rumours of Maldini maybe cashing in on Leao if the right offer arrives are starting to resonate as plausible to me.
whether Maldini is thinking about it or not...i'm sure he is at least starting to think "the talent is there, but the head is not there to make it flourish"
maybe another season in CL to raise the stock (while keeping a slight hope it's the year of his turnaround, mentally)

though, i won't be surprised if a sale happens....the "head" is very important to Maldini, as it should.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I cannot believe that ~almost~ all of you don?t want Hakan. I get that nobody here can remember past 5 games, it shows that most want dalot who was ass for most of the season tbh. Remember against United we were desperate for Kalulu and rookie to start, go look at the match thread.

Like I keep saying, Hakan isn?t the hardest to replace but it makes it so much easier to extend him(it he accepts the wages) and just move that budget into a RW or whatever else. Hakan wasn?t at his peak during the stretch but stop lying and rewriting the narrative. We were better off when he was playing then when we missed him. Since last summer, which is a season and a half worth of games, he has been good for most of that, incredible for a good portion of it, and poor for a couple months.

Ideally we keep Hakan if it makes sense and they sign some talent to compete with him.

He did his best toward the end of his contract to earn a better new one and it's irrilevant to him if he gets it with us or elsewhere.

Once he gets it, he will be shit again.

Also, for the economical part, accepting Hakan requests could be worse than signing a new CAM.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I cannot believe that ~almost~ all of you don?t want Hakan. I get that nobody here can remember past 5 games, it shows that most want dalot who was ass for most of the season tbh. Remember against United we were desperate for Kalulu and rookie to start, go look at the match thread.

Like I keep saying, Hakan isn?t the hardest to replace but it makes it so much easier to extend him(it he accepts the wages) and just move that budget into a RW or whatever else. Hakan wasn?t at his peak during the stretch but stop lying and rewriting the narrative. We were better off when he was playing then when we missed him. Since last summer, which is a season and a half worth of games, he has been good for most of that, incredible for a good portion of it, and poor for a couple months.

It's less that people don't want Hakan, and more that Maldini and co. have offered him a deal - and even bettered it with bonuses - but he isn't making his mind up even after securing CL. Instead, he goes into EURO 2020 not having made up his mind. You think management will wait around all month on a decision? No.

I'd be happy if Hakan will accept the offer made. But he isn't - that's the issue. He's asking for 6m+ apparently, and based on his overall performances since he joined, and even his patchy form this season, we won't break our wage structure for it. So he either accepts, or he walks for his 8m in Qatar, or goes to Juventus/whoever else will give him the 6m he wanted here.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did anybody watch Leao, Dalot and Diaz in action?

Leao was arguably the best player for Portugal in offense. Made like 3-4 very good runs and was denied a penalty. Kind of soft, but quite possible to be whistled. Actually, a typical Leao game. Some great plays, then turns himself off for 10 minutes. No idea why he was subbed.

Brahim was ok. Nothing very impressive, but had some good plays. Almost scored on 2 occasions. The more I watch him the more I want him to be our player. He is very useful against low blocks. Can beat him man out of nowhere which can unlock the whole defense.

Dalot with an average display IMO. Bryan Gil destroyed him a few times.

No but i think Leao was shit again because he was substituted at 64' minute by a very young player while still 0 - 0

Nope. If it wasn't for him, they wouldn't have reached the box of Spain. Drove to the flank a lot and destroyed Mingueza (the future of Barcelona :lol:) a few times but did not record an assist because they did not have an adequate CF. He needed a classic CF in the box, instead he was playing with a donkey from Monza :lol: Leao beats him man and then has nobody to pass to because this guy is outside of the box :lol: U21 football is funny

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think most of us want Hakan to stay. The problem is if he keeps insisting on 5m+ then that will start an unsustainable wage inflation in the squad.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Do u want Hakan on a 5,5 M contract when hes in his 30s?

I sure do not

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do u want Hakan on a 5,5 M contract when hes in his 30s?

I sure do not

No I don?t, I said only if it makes sense. Meaning he accepts what he will get from the club.

The only thing is, I get why he and his agent would want to wait some. He does have the euros and even if we don?t think so his stock is higher than it?s been for the last couple years, Milan had a good season. Luckily Maldini and them are smart and know we cannot wait, and we did qualify for CL which is something I?m sure he was waiting to see.

In the last couple days they reached out and gave an ultimatum, smart thing to put the pressure on him. We don?t know if he will take it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule