Official: Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread

How do you think Ibrahimović's 2011-2012 season at Milan will go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
And for those who loves stats.Villa has scored more goals from open play than Zlatan every single year since 2003 despite Villa playing in Zaragoza and Valencia.

If comparing Zlatan and Villa in Barcelona was comparing apples and pears, this is comparing apples and cucumbers.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
And for those who loves stats.Villa has scored more goals from open play than Zlatan every single year since 2003 despite Villa playing in Zaragoza and Valencia.

David Villa hasn't won one single league title. Ever.

David Villa has pubic hair on his chin.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Wordl cup and euro cup winners, I love villa so much, such a great player but villa and zlatan is completely different type of players

On barca he is a psuedo striker to give messi space, a true team player but he can be just mroe than that. his movements in valencia used to be jizz worthy

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Another pic from San Siro today.

978x.jpg

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thank u for scudetto. Now with pato win the CL next year already:beer:

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Villa has played almost every game as a winger in a 4-3-3 system while Zlatan played as a classic Nr.9 which is the position where the majority of the goals should be scored from.

Barca doesn't really play a 4-3-3 formation because Messi plays as a false nr. 9, they play a narrow formation where the "wingers" occupy a position that is more equal to that of our strikers in our 4-3-1-2 formation. Barca attacks with more players than we do and it's the LB and RB that spends the most time on the wings.

And in the moders game I don't really think there is a position "where the majority of the goals should be scored from" Formations evolve and change. Real Madrid's top scorer Christiano Ronaldo plays on the wing, he's said to prefer to play there to playing CF because he gets more space and finds it easier to score from that position.

Villa has scored 18 goals in LaLiga from a winger position and Villa is probably going to score more this year than any winger has made the last 20 years with the possible exception of Henry who scored 19 goals 2008/2009.Villa has 3 matches to go.
Zlatan on the other hand scored 14 goals in La liga from open play (penalties excluded for obvious reasons) despite having the goalscoring position.I seriously don't remember when a Barca Nr:9 made fewer goals.

As I said above, Christiano Ronaldo plays on the wing in a 4-2-3-1 formation in Real Madrid, and has scored many more goals. Ronaldo obviously has outscored Villa this year in la liga.
Btw, Messi probably has the record for goals scored by a winger for Barca from when he played on the wing.

Comparing their goal scoring stats in Barcelona is like comparing apples and pears.Which also could be the reason why Villas scoring stats are "swept under the rug".

The Catalan press actually made a big fuss about it when Villa was one goal away from equaling Zlatan's goals, so they did compare then, now they are silent...

You can't just compare when it suits your agenda, la liga is not serie A, that's just more apples and pears.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
@ Lucia

The difference is though, Messi and CR are wingers originally, Villa's not. He's just a adaptable CF or what you want to call it. :)

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
@ Lucia

The difference is though, Messi and CR are wingers originally, Villa's not. He's just a adaptable CF or what you want to call it. :)

But that was not Apanage's point.

But still, in Barca Zlatan was also asked to play an unfamiliar role for him, staying high up the pitch in the box playing as a poacher and he was very uncomfortable with that role and the lack of mobility it offered him. :)

Paladin

Banned
Reaction score
Villa has played almost every game as a winger in a 4-3-3 system while Zlatan played as a classic Nr.9 which is the position where the majority of the goals should be scored from. Villa has scored 18 goals in LaLiga from a winger position and Villa is probably going to score more this year than any winger has made the last 20 years with the possible exception of Henry who scored 19 goals 2008/2009.Villa has 3 matches to go.
Zlatan on the other hand scored 14 goals in La liga from open play (penalties excluded for obvious reasons) despite having the goalscoring position.I seriously don't remember when a Barca Nr:9 made fewer goals.

Comparing their goal scoring stats in Barcelona is like comparing apples and pears.Which also could be the reason why Villas scoring stats are "swept under the rug".

And I also think the fans sees how hard Villa is working in the defensive.Which again should be compared to the "walking man".the pressure Barca puts on the opponents centrebacks is the biggest difference this year compared to the last year.

Who the hell is D.Villa ?? you mean the Diver in Barca?? A real star:lol: movie star, haha:D

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
All these arguments against villa is futile because he is gonna win the league this year plus he has won the Wc and euros while top scoring for his country, how do you counter that?:rolleyes:

Anyway zlatan fans have to just admit villa is a better fit for barca instead of comparing his stats with zlatan's. Villa's presence makes it much easier for messi to play thro centre and he doesnt mind being second fiddle. Barca have scored an insane amount of goals this season and that is a testimony of well that attack has gelled this season. :thumbsup:

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
Imagine if he kicked out at Biscuits or Pedro like he did to Strasser, they'd still be rolling around right now. Good move Ibra!

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Allegri has a sense of humor.

"Against Roma we'll have Ibra back. Unless he gets another red card during the week."

:D

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/serie_a/milan/2011/05/01-169694/Allegri%3A+%C2%ABA+Roma+torna+Ibra+se+non+lo+squalificano...%C2%BB

hahahahahhahahhahah LMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Max really has great humor :D

Anyways, I was very happy when they showed Ibra in the stands during the game. When he was suspended I've never seen him at San Siro, glad he came this time.

@Fredrik, you were wrong about Ibra, last week you said he'll be at home watching it on tv, that shows you didn't do your job because he actually was at San Siro this time :tongue:

there's also some other pics on the Milan site

in this pic, I'm not totally sure, but the guy behind Zlatan looks like Paolo, can't see much of him though
BZL_4528_big.jpg

SIT22_big.jpg

Imo he did look very happy, hopefully that means his bad period is gone and he'll be the beast we want him to be when he's back this weekend.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyway zlatan fans have to just admit villa is a better fit for barca instead of comparing his stats with zlatan's.

I totally agree with that. Not only as a player, but also as a person. A lack of personality, own will and attitude is considered a great plus in the cult.

That being said, Zlatan is a better fit for Italy than Villa would be.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hahahahahhahahhahah LMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Max really has great humor :D

Anyways, I was very happy when they showed Ibra in the stands during the game. When he was suspended I've never seen him at San Siro, glad he came this time.

@Fredrik, you were wrong about Ibra, last week you said he'll be at home watching it on tv, that shows you didn't do your job because he actually was at San Siro this time :tongue:

there's also some other pics on the Milan site

in this pic, I'm not totally sure, but the guy behind Zlatan looks like Paolo, can't see much of him though

Yeah, totally failed in my research this time. :) Nice pics, Susan! And yes, that must be Maldini.

Forza Milano

Serie A Winners 2010/2011
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Zidane, Larsson, Kaka, Pirlo, L.Ronaldo, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva
fredrik you are losing it buddy.

Your ibra stalking abilitys are letting you down.

Maybe you are not a stalker after all.

hahaha lol

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Villa has had a pretty bad season even all things concidered, new in the team ect, but other than this season I have allways loved the player and im sure he has a few more better years left in him. And, it should be noted, every striker "fails" at Barcelona. Yes, Eto failed pretty epicly. Hindsight praise is worth nothing in this regard; he was totaly slaughtered for his many and sometimes long drawn failiures. Last season he played there, people really wanted him out for beeing so extremely bad in the spring (before the CL final) - and thats the best season he had. Worst job in fotball. Eto, Villa, Ibra - great players all of them.

However. Everyone hated Ibra when he had a slump of 8-9 games i Barcelona, and its still brought up. Villa this spring has managed to surpass that by a mile - topping of some 11-12 straight totaly miserable games with beeing lucky to not cost Barcelona the CL by missing sitters and 1 on 1´s. Yet, people want to take it easy on him.

It again goes to show that Ibra doesnt only have higher expectations than Eto, he has higher expectations on him than Villa as well. Is that sane, really? And this is from an Ibra fanboy: how do people expect Ibra to perform like the worlds best striker all year, all season, every year?

I think he has had an AWESOME season in Milan. So many in here seems to want to split it; well, he was good "there", and "there", but not "there".

In my world, he is actually really consistent this season. Consecutive reds are pretty wierd, but still, thats the only real spot in his record in my opinion. I think that if you dont feel the same, you will probably be dissapointed next year as well.

Last edited:

pezan

Beginner
Reaction score
Nice to see Zlatan smiling with Helena by his side... there has been rumours that they are about to split up and thats why Zlatans temper has been more crazy than usual... lets hope they were false and Zlatan doesn't have any personal matters to deal with!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Villa has had a pretty bad season even all things concidered, new in the team ect, but other than this season I have allways loved the player and im sure he has a few more better years left in him. And, it should be noted, every striker "fails" at Barcelona. Yes, Eto failed pretty epicly. Hindsight praise is worth nothing in this regard; he was totaly slaughtered for his many and sometimes long drawn failiures. Last season he played there, people really wanted him out for beeing so extremely bad in the spring (before the CL final) - and thats the best season he had. Worst job in fotball. Eto, Villa, Ibra - great players all of them.

However. Everyone hated Ibra when he had a slump of 8-9 games i Barcelona, and its still brought up. Villa this spring has managed to surpass that by a mile - topping of some 11-12 straight totaly miserable games with beeing lucky to not cost Barcelona the CL by missing sitters and 1 on 1´s. Yet, people want to take it easy on him.

It again goes to show that Ibra doesnt only have higher expectations than Eto, he has higher expectations on him than Villa as well. Is that sane, really? And this is from an Ibra fanboy: how do people expect Ibra to perform like the worlds best striker all year, all season, every year?

I think he has had an AWESOME season in Milan. So many in here seems to want to split it; well, he was good "there", and "there", but not "there".

In my world, he is actually really consistent this season. Consecutive reds are pretty wierd, but still, thats the only real spot in his record in my opinion. I think that if you dont feel the same, you will probably be dissapointed next year as well.

I disagree about Villa having a bad season and especially about Etoo doing bad when he was in Barca. It's pretty much impossible to score more than 25 a season when you're in the same team as Messi and he's the only CF. He rarely passes the ball and gets/creates way more chances than the other forwards. Not saying that it would be better for Barca if he passed more often, but you can't except Villa to score as many goals as in Valencia. That's basically impossible. If I were Pep then I would rather have him than C.Ronaldo, Ibra or any other striker for that role.

I can't believe that the ******** Barca "fans" would criticize Etoo's performances in 08/09 when he scored 36 goals and Barca scored 105 goals in the league, which is 16 more than this league season with only 4 games remaining despite the fact that this looks to be their best season in the league ever. Now if they did it for his behavior then I would agree, but for his performances!?

I do agree about Zlatan's season. He gets too much shit about the second half of the season. He was just as great in January as before the winter break so those who say he's been bad ever since the winter break ended should check the January games. While he hasn't been as great the last months as in September-January, I'd still say he's been alright since he has assisted to many goals despite not running as much as the rest of the forwards. Overall I'd give his performances this season an 8 out of 10, which is another way of saying great. Only TS would get a better rating, 10 out of 10.

He really, really needs to improve his pace though. I don't see Binho, Pato or any other WC forward for that matter get tired as fast as him. Even Antonio "man-boobs" Cassano seem to run more than him. That's his only but MAJOR weakness and what's stopping him from reaching maybe even surpassing Messi and CRonaldo's level. Instead he's "only" a Top 10 forward in my eyes.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Some great posts last few pages from Lucia, Trillske, Goodfella & Co. :thumbsup:

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan & Co in the 2011-2012 shirt.

1zbwi1.jpg

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
stop comparing villa and ibra. i mean villa is great striker but ibra is from another planet, he makes the difference like kaka or messi. let me show you comparison this was.

ibra
is-7_2.jpg

villa
800px-sherman_tank_ww2.jpg

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
so... you mean zlatan = big dick?

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
stop comparing villa and ibra. i mean villa is great striker but ibra is from another planet, he makes the difference like kaka or messi. let me show you comparison this was.

Ha ha, great Samir. :D

Villa (and the rest of Barca)
0119-03.jpg

Zlatan
Basking_Shark_(eats_plankton).png

Villa
skrivmaskin_vintageportalen.jpg

Zlatan
hi_tech.jpg

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Zlatan & Co in the 2011-2012 shirt.

1zbwi1.jpg

This is very nice, and is the better banner than the one where Anto is being presented. I like Van Bommel, Dorf and Ibra all together on this one, just like in 2009 when they had Maldini, Kaka and Dorf representing the 09-10 jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule