Official: Rafael Leão Thread

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
anyway vamos rafa. Has serious potential.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
And he’s wonderful now! (falling in love)

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it me or is this guy weird ( for the lack of better term ) ? The body language, reaction to stuff in game, almost constant poker face ...

He seems extremely professional. That’s a great thing to have with his talent level.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
His potential is unreal.

One of the only goods things about our season so far. How GP dropped him for last nights game is impossible to understand.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Probably he sees him as someone who gives his best when he doesn't play the entire game.

If so, the problem is that no one of the current team deserves to start above him.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
nice player, still imo to soon to say he can be reliable solo cf
waiting for the game against parking the bus opponent and his performance.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

My god this guy is a beast already. He has similar impact as Pato in his first games.

If he was playing for top club, he would already be soo hyped.
Absolutely must start every game

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Has done overall well, but should've buried at least one from the many chances he got.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He isn’t a real finisher...he could provide assists from the wing position.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Although he missed the chances, I'm happy he got them in the first place.

It feels like we haven't made chances like that in a long time.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He isn’t a real finisher...he could provide assists from the wing position.

He's very raw in that regard, yes.

I remember Zlatan saying that Capello sat him down and made him watch van Basten clips. Someone should do that with Leao, but in the end it's up to him. How he develops his finishing could be the difference between him being an WC player or not. I hope he's as focused and willing to learn as Zlatan was at that age.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Has done overall well, but should've buried at least one from the many chances he got.

True but I think Piatek wouldn't have even had those chances, Rafael is explosive and he made the RB rethink his career choice, while Rebic came on and got bullied by the same player.

My issue is if Piatek is on we lose everything else Rafael brings, which is so much more but Piatek can finish. So I hope we just put Rafael on Suso's wing and allow him to drift in and out.

Reaction score
His mentality is very good ! His reaction after Piatek goal is magic ! I love this player, i hope that he can improve his goal killer skills !

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So far so good. Needs to keep working and developing.

Could be a monster.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
At the moment think he is much better on the wing than at CF.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
At the moment think he is much better on the wing than at CF.

Not sure, he is stronger than Piatek and wins more duels against CB's and can also run at them. His shot isnt confident but he offers more if chances arent being created.

More physicality and trickery but if they want to get them both on the pitch then he obviously has to move off center. Dropping Suso and seeing how the team plays is more important though than Piatek v Leao

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Should be more clinical, sometimes that's more important than flashy skills. Had a really great chance created by Hakan... someone like Pippo would've buried that

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Should be more clinical, sometimes that's more important than flashy skills. Had a really great chance created by Hakan... someone like Pippo would've buried that

Not that it’s any excuse but I think the goal, had he scored it, would’ve been ruled offside.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our lack of midfield presence pushed him into doing stuff he's clearly not good at. That's on Pioli. But yeah, he also has the tendency to look sloppy and nonchalant.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Especially last night it looked like he was mad about something. Not mad in a good way though but like a pissed off girlfriend who refuses to acknowledge your existence because you forgot her birthday.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Especially last night it looked like he was mad about something. Not mad in a good way though but like a pissed off girlfriend who refuses to acknowledge your existence because you forgot her birthday.
That is very specific.