The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Dalot:

On his time so far at Milan: “I’m a self-confident person. I know my qualities, I know what I’m capable of, but if you can’t play, that’s not enough. Now I’m back again to feel the grass, to find the feeling of playing games, winning and playing 90 minutes and that was fantastic.”

On the Scudetto: “It would be more special to win the title, not for beating Juve or Inter, but for putting Milan back on top, winning the title after so many years. We like this kind of pressure. We like to have teams under that push us and give us attention thinking: ‘Ok, if you lose, we are there’. We are pleased to have these kinds of challenges.”

On his former coach Jose Mourinho: “When he said that I was the best young full-back in Europe? It was a phrase that I have kept with me until today. That he said it is even more special because we all know that he is a fantastic coach, one of the best ever and that sentence gave me a little more responsibility.”

On Ibrahimovic: “He is very demanding with us. He is one of the first to arrive at the training ground. And these things help us to understand that we have to be professional like him, because if you want to win as much as he does, you have to do it for a long time. It’s a good way to see if you want to be successful in football, how you want to be in 10 or 15 years. It was a pleasant surprise working with him. He can give you confidence when he thinks you need it. He tells us ‘You’re not doing enough to be at this level’ and if it comes from him, you have to listen to him.”

On the future: “Now I am completely focused on what is happening here. When I go home and I can rest, I can watch Manchester or Porto matches and be happy for them, because they are winning and doing very well.”

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
We have mandzukic! Buahagahahaha

Mario said 2day he still has 4 years of top football in his body

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Positive contacts for the renewal of #Calabria with the @acmilan@cmdotcom @86_longo

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
Positive contacts for the renewal of #Calabria with the @acmilan@cmdotcom @86_longo

First two words that caught my eye were Calabria and positive, my heart almost stopped :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conti: "I dreamed of a different path at Milan".
?There would be many things to say about what I have tried in these almost 4 years but at the moment I can't find the right words. Dear Milan, thank you for welcoming me into your wonderful story full of charm and glory, thank you for giving me the opportunity to wear this shirt so prestigious and dreamed of by so many children, but above all thank you for introducing me to fantastic people that I will always carry in my heart ! I dreamed of a different path, I would have liked to do more, but despite everything I have always given my best to best honor the colors I wore and it was a privilege! Good luck for everything. Forever grateful. Andrew"

Beautiful words, life is not always fair and Conti has many blessings but was unlucky with injuries. Hope he gets to celebrate the Scudetto with us!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Do you believe him?

I'd believe it only because Calabria doesn't strike me as the guy who would drag out contract renewal and is happy to stay for a reasonable wage increase (i.e. 2m/year or so).

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I'd believe it only because Calabria doesn't strike me as the guy who would drag out contract renewal and is happy to stay for a reasonable wage increase (i.e. 2m/year or so).
What are you talking about?

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Again, it was you who said Gazidis is as much in charge of sporting decisions as the old fashioned patrons like Berlusconi, De Laurentis and Cairo appereantly were/are. And the reasoning your giving me is because selling our best assets - which we haven't even done yet once but people panic nonetheless - is because it would weaken the team ergo it cannot be a decision taken by the technical or sporting director by law, it must be the big bad bald man hired by Elliott.

You think Maldini would still be here under such circumstances?

That being said, I obviously neither have the vocabulary to make you understand how wrong this is in my opinion nor do I have the comprehension skills to fully understand what you are trying to tell me if what I wrote above is not what you were telling me all along.

So let's end this here. Agree to disagree. OK?

Ok this is my last reply on this matters as well.For me it's simple,selling players like Samu ,Duarte,Musacchio for example is a beneficial in sporting/ technical aspects because in theory you can replace them with better players whether ready made or potentially,preferably let's say 1 of 2 years whether or not this will become reality it's another matters.Now if we sell the likes of Bennacer,Theo,Kessie,Donnarumma now this is not benefical in sporting/technical aspects because it's weaken a team..Now you see the difference?

That's what I mean of sporting/technical aspects if you still don't understand what I mean.Did you see the likes of De Laurentiis ,Lotito,Cairo get involved with selling their fodders?No..that types of dealing will be done by their subordinate that is SD and like I said earlier no sane SD will sell their best players because it's opposite of what they want to achieve but sometimes they have to because of financial reason for example.Did financial is belong to sporting/technical category??

You talk about Panic?Where?In this forum? Lol,since when R&B forums members opinion will gives an impact to what will actually happens with Milan in real life.You taking this forums too seriously do you?:head:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
MN: Elliotts three-point plan is ahead of schedule - how Milans project is growing

There were some doubts about Elliott Management when they seized control of AC Milan and started putting their vision in place, but it would be fair to say most – if not all – have faded.

As MilanNews reports, the year of 2021 has started in the best way possible for the Rossoneri as they have maintained their lead atop the Serie A table following on from a 2020 in which they picked up more league points than anyone else.

Two and a half years have passed since Elliott took charge after the catastrophic Chinese ownership that left the American fund having to rescue a disastrous financial situation. They decided the best way to do so was a three-point plan: to focus on young players, reduce the wage bill and consequently make greater investments in the medium to long term.

In the initial forecasts it was anticipated that it could take three to five years for Milan to start seeing the fruits of such a project, but it seems as though the club are on track and ahead of schedule.

Since the summer of 2019 the management has not missed a beat, managing to remedy the problems that arose such as choice of head coach – with Stefano Pioli infinitely better than Marco Giampaolo – and raising the quality of the squad thanks to excellent markets, especially in January 2020.

The report adds that in recent weeks Maldini and Massara have had carte blanche, because Elliott trust them to blend young signings like Tonali, Hauge, Dalot and Brahim Diaz with experience such as Mandzukic. The arrival of Ibrahimovic and Kjaer 12 months ago was decisive for the entire growth of the group, to give an example.

Despite the lack of participation in the Champions League, the management still managed to acquire several promising players, such as Bennacer, Theo Hernandez, Leao and Tonali.

Therefore, MilanNews add, it is logical to imagine that upon returning to the top European competition, the Diavolo will grow further.

The construction of the new stadium will help too, and if Ivan Gazidis has repeatedly stressed that Milan are the Italian club with the greatest potential for growth, it seems everything is working in the right direction.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Is Milan going to sign big players? Scaroni "Absolutely, let's hope so"

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
[IFFHS] Serie A has been officially named the world’s best national league for 2020 by the IFFHS (International Federation of Football History and Statistics), ahead of the Premier League. Serie A won their last award 14 years ago.

https://www.iffhs.de/posts/911

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
MN: Elliotts three-point plan is ahead of schedule - how Milans project is growing

Meh , their credit should be based on the budget they provide.
Bigger budget warrant bigger praise.
For me , all the praise should be toward Gaz/Maldini&co.
They did miracles with the small budget provided by Elliot.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Bro, Elliott is a rock solid owner. We're not getting a budget because we're on a thin leash.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Now Fabio will understand the turkish forum reference...

Bro i legit thought you were calling me a turk or something. i feel dumb now. :lol::lol:

I am a borini fan but above all I am a ac milan fan. I never follow a player once he leaves milan. not even kaka whom I loved the most as a player

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
According to Marchetti there is still no agreement for Tomori, the right of redemption is being discussed

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Bro, Elliott is a rock solid owner. We're not getting a budget because we're on a thin leash.

Yep. Maybe some people have too deep ties with late-era Berlu and Yonghong's regime slowing killing Milan that Elliot providing stability and our best period in 10 years greatly upsets them. Makes sense why some people no longer post here as much - or ever.

tenor.gif

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Thats where we have gone wrong in the last 3 years

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Tension is growing at Roma with multiple reports Edin Dzeko and Lorenzo Pellegrini confronted coach Paulo Fonseca and demanded the return of team manager Gianluca Gomber.

:lol::lol::lol: dicks.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
He has 85 goals in 109 competitive games for the Old Lady, putting him 16th in the club charts behind Pippo Inzaghi?s 89.

In such a short space of time, the Portuguese veteran is already closing on the top 10, which currently stands at 114 goals for Federico Munerati in 249 games.

Turning 36 next month, it?s unlikely Ronaldo will be able to catch up to the Juventus record-holder, as Alessandro Del Piero found the net 290 times in 705 competitive matches for the club.

He is 110 ahead of second-placed Roberto Bettega.

Juventus all-time scorers

Alessandro Del Piero: 290

Feck. For sum reason I didnt think he was this prolific in Italy. Hats off to his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.