The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I think of all the teams out there, we'll be the ones benefitting more from this Super League.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
How does it work again??

Was the original intent to have a super league be a different competition but remain in the domestic/European competitions?

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
goals should be bigger, like 1-2 meters wider
with more scoring - more emotions - more views - better experience for fans.

Half time shows

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I hated the idea at first but I’m warming up to it especially considering the money that could potentially be injected into the club. We’re a club on the rise and we’re a couple of glamour signings away from being a great team. I think out of all the clubs in the competition we would benefit the most strictly because of our history and our current financial position wasn’t that strong, this kind of money really gives us a shot at really bringing star power back to this club and star power will elevate the likes of Kessie, Theo, Bennacer ect to another level.

However, I get the feeling this is going to all fall through for some reason. There’s so much uproar about it, some people are so scared of changed and the others are upset that their teams miss out.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How does it work again??

Was the original intent to have a super league be a different competition but remain in the domestic/European competitions?

Only domestic.
Basically ESL clubs withdraw themselves from CL/EL and play in ESL mid week, letting midtable clubs fullfil their dream of playing in CL/EL

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I hated the idea at first but I?m warming up to it especially considering the money that could potentially be injected into the club. We?re a club on the rise and we?re a couple of glamour signings away from being a great team. I think out of all the clubs in the competition we would benefit the most strictly because of our history and our current financial position wasn?t that strong, this kind of money really gives us a shot at really bringing star power back to this club and star power will elevate the likes of Kessie, Theo, Bennacer ect to another level.

However, I get the feeling this is going to all fall through for some reason. There?s so much uproar about it, some people are so scared of changed and the others are upset that their teams miss out.

We'll get money and we'll be able (allowed) to spend. Today, we can't even spend money to make money because of FFP.

FUCK UEFA!

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Exactly Hitchen... exactly.... the revenue sharing is a lot fairer. The current system is very unfair to us. All these ACMilan fans are very idealistic and hypocritical.

You think Perez, Glazer and Agnelli are creating a fair playing ground for their competition within their ESL concept? Milan fans that can't see the bigger picture are currently naive.

Madrid
Barca
Man Utd
Juve

That's the 4 power brokers that will control the ESL. The disparity between them and the rest will be sizable. Elite brand European football being bankrolled by American billionaires.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Can't believe I'm forced to root for UEFA

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Half time shows

8paluWI.png

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You think Perez, Glazer and Agnelli are creating a fair playing ground for their competition within their ESL concept? Milan fans that can't see the bigger picture are currently naive.

Madrid
Barca
Man Utd
Juve

That's the 4 power brokers that will control the ESL. The disparity between them and the rest will be sizable.

Why do you think that?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
btw...

Good news from #Milanello , today for #Calabria training all in a group
@davidecalabria2

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
My only wish is if this does go fully ahead... rename the fucking competition. "European Super League" is shit.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just the domestic.

Only domestic.
Basically ESL clubs withdraw themselves from CL/EL and play in ESL mid week, letting midtable clubs fullfil their dream of playing in CL/EL

So this is basically creating a...

EL = third tier
CL = second tier
SL= 1st tier

System???

Can an eL or CL team get promoted or build their club to be included in the super league? Can SL team get relegated?

This makes sense to me

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
at least if elliott wont invest majority of incomes and we will be average, we dont have to be worry about anything
midtable in soccerLeague, midtable in serieA (if we wont get kicked)
and still relaxed,
watch -> enjoy-> watch -> enjoy ->...

btw...

@davidecalabria2

he may not have any game till euro or late august

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
btw...

@davidecalabria2

Can we get back on track?

Gaaaaaw

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
So this is basically creating a...

EL = third tier
CL = second tier
SL= 1st tier

System???

Can an eL or CL team get promoted or build their club to be included in the super league? Can SL team get relegated?

This makes sense to me

right?? it does make sense.

15 teams are in the league every year, 5 teams changeable. CL champs being one of them is a no brainer (although CL needs to change name, maybe to EL. EL can change to something else).

Right now first, second and third tier teams are too mixed. Too many shitty games during a season that no one gives a fuck about. On national level you can't get away from that, but on a European level you can.

But for this to really make sense, the domestic leagues needs to up their game and make every position in the top 2-7 be important.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Do you guys remember when UEFA created a third level on the European football pyramid that hasn't even started yet? Nope, because nobody cares about small clubs apart from their small fanbases playing a meaningless competition.

European Superbowl here we come.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
I think of all the teams out there, we'll be the ones benefitting more from this Super League.

Other big teams benefit as well. They will use the money to plug the current budget holes. They will put it salary cap. We can't have wealth disparity so big that we can't afford to keep our snake goalkeeper while Real Madrid can pay our snake goalkeeper without even sweating about it.

In the current system, the wealth disparity will grow even larger in the future.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
If we think about the midsized / slightly below top teams.

Wouldn't a competition with them without the elite be interesting? I think it would and they would actually have a chance to win something. I think people would be interested to watch that tournament, I know I would.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
right?? it does make sense.

15 teams are in the league every year, 5 teams changeable. CL champs being one of them is a no brainer (although CL needs to change name, maybe to EL. EL can change to something else).

Right now first, second and third tier teams are too mixed. Too many shitty games during a season that no one gives a fuck about. On national level you can't get away from that, but on a European level you can.

But for this to really make sense, the domestic leagues needs to up their game and make every position in the top 2-7 be important.

100%

Leagues fill EL and CL

Winners of CL can join the SL for the next season only

Also...If you go to the SL final, you can come back again

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Do you guys remember when UEFA created a third level on the European football pyramid that hasn't even started yet? Nope, because nobody cares about small clubs apart from their small fanbases playing a meaningless competition.

European Superbowl here we come.

There used to be CL, UEFA Cup and Winners cup. Winners cup was the third one.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
What's better?

This pic of me as a child - molto rossonero

Screenshot-20210417-112636.png

or the Super League :conf:

I'd say... SL :head:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Why do you think that?

Because it's driven by greed at the expense of the sport. Dissolve the UCL and Milan's history in that competition is also devalued. American business has no interest in the history of the European game only that of $$$.

ESL cups will be the new benchmark. Milan won't be competitive for many years. It's nice to be included due to historical relevance but let's not pretend this Milan have earned their place with the current elite.

Better the devil you know(UEFA)

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
There used to be CL, UEFA Cup and Winners cup. Winners cup was the third one.

he's talking about europa conference league that is scheduled for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule