3rd/4th place: Brazil - The Netherlands - Saturday 12/07/2014 22:00 CEST

Team to finish 3rd?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fernandinho, Paulinho - worst two Brazilians this tournament. After them, David Luiz.

There are in different size and color to select worst two Brazilians:

- False CB: David Luiz

- False DMs: Fernandinho and Paulinho

- Open doors: Dani Alves and Marcelo

- Totem Poles: Fred and Jo

- One-man-band: Hulk and Neymar

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PSG management must be worried. If this is how luiz performs when hes actually trying hard to defend then what will he look like when he isnt as motivated? Or maybe he didnt try to defend? Scolari should answer that one.

De Vrij, Wijnaldum and Vlaar were the biggest surprises among the dutch IMO throughout the tournament. Job well done by lvg. Not the most entertaining bunch but job well done. The dutch should be proud of their team IMO.

Didnt know the NT that finished 3rd gets 18mil from FIFA BTW.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
"A year ago, I won the Confederations Cup," he added. "It's nothing to do with the coaches. The thing is that we have a very young team. We are not producing enough players, so it's not as simple as another coach coming in to recycle things."

LOL.

I have to agree a little but with Scolari (eventhough he shouldn't have said it) that Brazil is not producing good players anymore, or to be more accurate, they are not developing them well enough. So you got Fred and Jo as your striker options but I have difficulty thinking of better strikers. Elsewhere there aren't any players you can really rely on other than Oscar and Neymar and both are still not at the required level yet. The way DFB developed German football is a complete contrast with CBF has worked with it's crop of talent. You get the impression that there is no guidance for their careers. What happened to Henrique who was top scorer of the u20 World Cup with Oscar? And then there was a black forward who played with Lucas Piazon for u17, I think his name is Adilson. Both those guys seemed prolific but I haven't heard from them since.

The major problem to me is coaching, not development.

There are Brazilian players on almost every top team in Europe. There is plenty of talent, but finding coaches that can get something out of it has been a struggle that has held Brazil back.

Player selection was a huge part of this past week's embarrassment.

-The defense sucked. Phil left Miranda and Luis off the squad for Henrique and Maxwell. They were a big part of Athletico only allowing 26 goals in La Liga and making it to the CL final.

-No CF. Diego Costa claims that Phil never called him, not even once to get him to play for Brazil. He said Del Bosque called him multiple times and invited him for dinner, ect. Brazil could have had a WC CF if they had actually made a committed pitch to Costa. Costa would have fit them perfectly and drastically improved their attack.

You can go on and on like this.

The "lack of talent" argument is a complete fail to me. Germany is the only team that has more talent at their disposal.

Any team that leaves 2 (or 3 if you include Costa) Athletico starters, 2 Liverpool starters, a Munich starter, multiple PSG players ,etc has plenty of talent.

Last edited:

The Man

Banned
Reaction score
PSG management must be worried. If this is how luiz performs when hes actually trying hard to defend then what will he look like when he isnt as motivated?

It was pretty obvious that he was to motivated against Germany and Holland. He just focused on running and struggling as much as possible and forgot to think.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Alex Teles and Rodrigo Caio are good... I don't see them as future stars or anything though.

Don't really know about the other 3. So far they didn't even break through in their professionals teams

Thanks!