Semi-finals: The Netherlands 0-0 Argentina (PK: 2-4) Wednesday 09/07/2014 22:00 CEST

Team to qualify for the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Argentina were clearly the better side. They were looking to catch the Dutch defense by surprise with some quick long balls after slow tempo passing at the back, or a sudden bursting dribble via Messi, Lavezzi or Perez. I remember more than a few crossing chances created, on the right side especially.

Last edited:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Holland ... Holland .... Penalty always been a bad jinx for Holland in the big tournament :lol:

I hope Messi will get his first trophy at World Cup .... :star:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vlaar? Vlaar? Vlaar.....

Mascherano was amazing. MOTM easily. Expecting germany to win it easily but a final is a final.

Vlaar? Fucking hell.

williamp

FODDERabt_H8r
Reaction score
320693d1363703423-chelsea-fc-samillyroy-legacy-returns-fm13-chelsea-logo.jpg

If Chelsea had Messi, Aguero and Di Maria in attack and played this shit I'd say the same thing about them.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Before WC everyone was pointing how defensive talentless Argentina is, and yet to prove they can work as an unit.

That they managed to defend their way to the final imo is a lot of credit to Sabella.

This.
It is the completely the opposite of what we were expecting. Their offensive play has not been good while their defence just got better and better.

A lot of the credit should also be given to mascherano.. He showed that he is a wc in his preferred position C
DM. Man if only Napoli were serious about getting him before the wc. Now it is almost impossible that barca will sell him.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
First time witnessing argie win tactically.:thumbup:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
We got our own examples... We had a good defense with Mexes and Zapata when the team had a super hard working midfield on a 433/4141.
But then we blew the whole idea, the new team never clicked, and so the same players were not worth a pay anymore

yup because we NEEDED trequartista and 4-3-1-2

Grazie Silvio :proud:

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Can't find a torrent for the game. Anyone has it?

Ed: found it.

Last edited:

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
i loved watching this game

was cheering for the netherlands...so disappointed in the result...but still enjoyed every second of it