The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 18:29   #10601
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
Like Tomori?
Ziyech is a lot older, like other posters have rightfully pointed out.

And Bakayoko would be a last minute option it seems

Signature
Old 01-08-2021, 18:31   #10602
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

A midfielder is a must. Someone who's better than Tonali. Baka would be great, because he would also be the missing ingredient for a proper 3 man midfield in case that would be needed.

As for CAM / RW, ideally we'd get someone who can pull off both. Maybe RDP could've been that guy - or maybe his style would be too soloistic and slow-paced like Paqueta's.
We lack dependable goalscorers - particularly in the AM trio and midfield. Rebic, Diaz and Leao score at acceptable rates, but the latter two look more like supersubs than dependable starters(and I'm being generous by labelling Rebic a dependable starter considering how often he's out and the time he takes to find rhythm). James R isn't ideal but he's a goalscorer.

Signature
Old 01-08-2021, 18:34   #10603
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
A midfielder is a must. Someone who's better than Tonali. Baka would be great, because he would also be the missing ingredient for a proper 3 man midfield in case that would be needed.

As for CAM / RW, ideally we'd get someone who can pull off both. Maybe RDP could've been that guy - or maybe his style would be too soloistic and slow-paced like Paqueta's.
We lack dependable goalscorers - particularly in the AM trio and midfield. Rebic, Diaz and Leao score at acceptable rates, but the latter two look more like supersubs than dependable starters(and I'm being generous by labelling Rebic a dependable starter considering how often he's out and the time he takes to find rhythm). James R isn't ideal but he's a goalscorer.

All roads lead to Vlasic.
Old 01-08-2021, 18:36   #10604
ROSSONERI7
AC Milan Legend

that "on the road with Stefano Pioli" was great ... need more of that type of content... Kessie, Saelemaekers, Calabria or Theo next

Signature
If we win 2020-2021, we'll win 2021-2022
Old 01-08-2021, 18:37   #10605
Hitchens
Evolving organism

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
All roads lead to Vlasic.
Let's hope this one's sealed before long. Him and Ilicic would be molto bene, along with Kamara.

Signature
Old 01-08-2021, 18:43   #10606
Birsaforever
I hate Pink Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
As for CAM / RW, ideally we'd get someone who can pull off both.
Ilicic

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
zlatan and hakan AND tonali AND ibra are trash
Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
One day Vulture will quote all those who were celebrating when Niang left and will laugh with them.
Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, U2, Radiohead - The overrated frauds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
a top 10 is difficult to decide, but i can give you a few of my favourite albums for each decade from the 60s onwards, in alphabetical order
Old 01-08-2021, 18:44   #10607
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

Ziyech and we're winning the scudetto

Signature
GOAT
Old 01-08-2021, 18:48   #10608
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
yes but it's marginally effective so we'll end up buying a couple of players
Woah that is great news. I'm glad that's the case!

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 01-08-2021, 18:50   #10609
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSONERI7 View Post
that "on the road with Stefano Pioli" was great ... need more of that type of content... Kessie, Saelemaekers, Calabria or Theo next
For anyone interested. Really good watch:

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 01-08-2021, 18:50   #10610
Sven
Super Moderator

Romagnoli will be quite useful for the club this season if he stays and I love his attitude this preseason. Tomori arrived and he lost his starting spot but he didn't ever complain. He worked hard to try get it back. And it paid off yesterday when he was probably the best Milan player in the field and it was more impressive cause Nice have the sort of fast forwards that attack space that he has trouble dealing with sometimes.

But I really hope the management learned something from the Donnaraiola and Hakan situations. The club doesn't win by dragging renewals till the end of contracts. This need to be solved one year before.

They need to end his situation now not to lose another player for free next summer. Sit with the dude and make an offer. If he doesn't agree a renewal, sell or swap. He's got a serious market in Europe, this should not be a problem.

I will not dwell on the Donna/Hakan thing but please... Not a third time.
Old 01-08-2021, 19:02   #10611
sheva
suso's dog

unbelievable, pigeon is what kept this forum sane.. a common enemy
Old 01-08-2021, 19:04   #10612
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Romagnoli will be quite useful for the club this season if he stays and I love his attitude this preseason. Tomori arrived and he lost his starting spot but he didn't ever complain. He worked hard to try get it back. And it paid off yesterday when he was probably the best Milan player in the field and it was more impressive cause Nice have the sort of fast forwards that attack space that he has trouble dealing with sometimes.

But I really hope the management learned something from the Donnaraiola and Hakan situations. The club doesn't win by dragging renewals till the end of contracts. This need to be solved one year before.

They need to end his situation now not to lose another player for free next summer. Sit with the dude and make an offer. If he doesn't agree a renewal, sell or swap. He's got a serious market in Europe, this should not be a problem.

Very well put. Judging by how the Hakan transfer went and his lackluster showings he just went behind Maldinis back, there isn?t really much you can do with a player like that.
Old 01-08-2021, 19:09   #10613
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post

+1

Losing him for free next summer would suck.

Signature
GOAT
Old 01-08-2021, 19:14   #10614
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

I think people are being a little harsh on Tonali. Yesterday he was pared with Pobega who seemed really lost. I think he was forced into trying to compensate and cover for Pobega, and sometimes he forced things, but other times he looked very mature.

Kamara looks like a great player to bring. Versatility is a big thing for us. Toure looks like he can be a great sub, which will be important for Theo. I have this sneaky suspicion that Toure could be a replacement for Theo, but it will depend on if Toure can actually make that jump.

Vladic, Kamada, or even James is really important. Diaz isn't ready, he's not fast enough to get past people, he's not strong enough to resist pressure, he doesn't pass well or fast enough to avoid being closed down, and that worries me. I'd rather see him tried at RW more, but these are the games where Hakan's absence shows. It's in the middle-of-the-park passing and linkup that makes him valuable, and Diaz doesn't do that.

I would be interested to see Tonali tried there, with Kes and Ben behind him. I still think Tonali is getting a little too much shit.

And I have to echo Sven on Romagnoli. That's the Romagnoli that people see is possible. I hope he can continue like that. He was against pace and his positioning helped him. He looked less slow, stronger, but it was really his positioning that was top. I don't want to lose him and having more options is better than less.

Sales had a poor game, but hopefully that was just rust. Leao didn't really get that much service, since our attacking play was really disjointed. Giroud will make a big difference, I am actually excited for him, and I was rather meh about him.

Diaz though, man, I would take James at this point, I'm that worried about our CAM spot.
Old 01-08-2021, 19:17   #10615
Birsaforever
I hate Pink Floyd

We'll wait and extend Romagnoli around November

Signature
Quote:
Quote:
One day Vulture will quote all those who were celebrating when Niang left and will laugh with them.

Quote:
a top 10 is difficult to decide, but i can give you a few of my favourite albums for each decade from the 60s onwards, in alphabetical order
Old 01-08-2021, 19:17   #10616
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Romagnoli will surely be sold this summer as we?re unlikely to pay 3.5m for a benchwarmer let alone give him a pay rise to extend his deal. Also, his current book value is zero so any sale would represent a 100% capital gain which is good for the accounts plus the Kamara rumours seem to be gathering steam.
Old 01-08-2021, 19:18   #10617
papaberlu
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva View Post
Old 01-08-2021, 19:19   #10618
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
Missed 2 weeks of mercato action.

Anything noteworthy?
VultureSheva was released and joined Forza Inter Forums on a free transfer
Old 01-08-2021, 19:20   #10619
Birsaforever
I hate Pink Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
VultureSheva was released and joined Forza Inter Forums on a free transfer

Signature
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 01-08-2021, 19:21   #10620
Birsaforever
I hate Pink Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva View Post
VS, in case you are reading, i don't miss you

Signature
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Closed Thread