Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying though, he quit. If it was smart or not that's another question.

Yea, it wasn't a clean choke. If Connor decides to go "no tap" he could have held on for a while longer for sure.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
If you don't have the take down defense of Lidell or Aldo then fuck being a striker in khabibs division.

Curu, what do you think of Ortega/Fergus vs Khabib? Their ground game is something different and could cause trouble for Khabib.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Khabib also won the stand up btw...

I really wanted Conor to win and I'm probably a fanboy, but not for one second during the fight I was under the impression that he was gonna win.

Conor back to feather weight? I think the myth of Conor is seriously damaged with this mauling.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't know if I should be in awe of khabibs performance or just settle for the fact that Conor doesn't have the ground game for this level.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
holy shit conor looked like SHIT loooooool and quit as usual.

ill take a big L for thinking this fool would ice khabib, khabib ate his shots and delivered even better ones.

khabib is a bad bad man, I'd love to see GSP vs khabib but GSP won't take this fight.

concerning the post fight stuff, I'd be a hypocrite to hate on khabib because dilon danis is an absolute shit head cunt.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score

I really wanted Conor to win and I'm probably a fanboy, but not for one second during the fight I was under the impression that he was gonna win.

Conor back to feather weight? I think the myth of Conor is seriously damaged with this mauling.

conor looked rusty af, but started to find range in the 4th before being taken down.

absolute disgrace to khabib attacking danis in crowd and his team sucker punching conor. three members of his team were arrested.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
conor used politics, religion and family to promote the fight, and UFC were backing him 100%

khabib comes from a different culture, he don't take shit.

my only issue with the whole thing was that bitch ass groupie from khabib's camp that attacked conor, if he wanted to back khabib he should have jumped dillon danis.

I loved the post fight shit, khabib is going to be the floyd mayweather of mma now, every snowflake is going to want him to lose :D

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
How can u not like this :D:D

They deserved it but I can't like it because I know there are other rules for Khabib compared to Conor. Commission withholding his pay, his buddies going to get cut from the UFC. Maybe stripped because Dana is a piece of shit.

conor used politics, religion and family to promote the fight, and UFC were backing him 100%

khabib comes from a different culture, he don't take shit.

my only issue with the whole thing was that bitch ass groupie from khabib's camp that attacked conor, if he wanted to back khabib he should have jumped dillon danis.

I loved the post fight shit, khabib is going to be the floyd mayweather of mma now, every snowflake is going to want him to lose :D

Apparently Conor attacked a corner man first but the way Makachev rushed in it seems like he was going to do something dumb anyway.

The UFC has a double standard. Conor, his camp and his fans being racist and islamophobic? Fine. They expect Khabib to endure all of this and show no emotion.

Conor throwing a dolly at uninvolved people, possibly severly hurting them because Khabib had a stern talk with Lobov after that guy was talking shit? Nothing.

Conor and his team deserved this shit but considering how corrupt the UFC is, I am very concerned.

Welp, looked at some more footage. Conor attacked Khabib's buddy Zubaira Tukhugov and then Makachev jumped in to help his friend. One can conclude that Danis and Conor are at fault for this, another L for SBG but I am skeptical on whether this will be taken that way by officials.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
hypocrisy from UFC or not, these are grown ass men and should know that there are/could be consequences. I don't know what Conor said about his religion, haven't heard anything. Heard the stuff about father and country and hey, Conor knew what he was doing and probably don't give a shit about being jumped, these guys are fighters. He was asked by the police if he wanted to press charges but he didn't.

UFC didn't punish Conor because he was punished enough by New York, if Nevada punishes Khabib harshly UFC won't do anything. Dana said something of the sort. Unless it's a long suspension then i that case he'll be stripped to not hold up the division.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It's totally a legitimate standpoint to not like the shenanigans after the fight, btw.

I just like stuff like this i can't help it.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
khabib brutal ko :lol: :lol:

there are guys from curupiras mma gym that can stand with khalabeeb

now..if you tell me you think khabib will win by ground and pound, molto possible.

my prediction remains the same, mcgregor win via 2nd round TKO

lol. connaaah boys. kebab raped him.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

the threat of a takedown from a good wrestler will make the. more dangerous in the striking department. That's what we saw today. kebab's ground game, squeeze capacity, his underrated boxing and defense is just on another level. Ferguson is the only guy that can match him.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
holy shit conor looked like SHIT loooooool and quit as usual.

ill take a big L for thinking this fool would ice khabib, khabib ate his shots and delivered even better ones.

khabib is a bad bad man, I'd love to see GSP vs khabib but GSP won't take this fight.

concerning the post fight stuff, I'd be a hypocrite to hate on khabib because dilon danis is an absolute shit head cunt.

forget gsp. Woodley would maul gsp and kebab on the same night.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
hypocrisy from UFC or not, these are grown ass men and should know that there are/could be consequences. I don't know what Conor said about his religion, haven't heard anything. Heard the stuff about father and country and hey, Conor knew what he was doing and probably don't give a shit about being jumped, these guys are fighters. He was asked by the police if he wanted to press charges but he didn't.

UFC didn't punish Conor because he was punished enough by New York, if Nevada punishes Khabib harshly UFC won't do anything. Dana said something of the sort. Unless it's a long suspension then i that case he'll be stripped to not hold up the division.

Oh I definitely believe that taking things on a personal level should only be done if you're willing to stand for your words. So it's not that I dislike it from that perspective. For what was said to Khabib, the antics with the alcohol, the comments about the family and the country to a guy that really cares about these things - they easily would've earned everyone a mauling in the cage in the same vein that Conor took.

But I really fear for the consequences. We both know the rules for a guy with Khabib and his background are different.

As for Conor - he got punished very lightly - some social work and anti aggression therapy which is laughable considering the damage he caused and considering the damage he might've caused by a premeditated attack. Khabib should have even more leniency considering it was something in the moment but I yeah Nevada commission is super harsh from what I heard.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Dana said this has cost him millions. Don't know if true but it makes sense.
I'm not really disagreeing with anything here, I just like chaos.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm just glad the loudmouth got his ass handed to him. Can't stand people like him

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
What a shit show ( the main event) rest was great.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I love listening to Tony Ferguson, he's such a weird guy. Love it :lol: saw the presser with him and when he was answering you'd forget what the question was, but starts talking about all kinds of things.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you don't have the take down defense of Lidell or Aldo then fuck being a striker in khabibs division.

Curu, what do you think of Ortega/Fergus vs Khabib? Their ground game is something different and could cause trouble for Khabib.

Both really good ground guys, but I don't like how their game stack up against Khabib's.

In BJJ, the worst thing you want is a guy who knows how to defend dangerous submissions and sweeps on top while able to pass and apply pressure. While seemingly just "dry-humping" the guy, the pressure alone generated by these positions is enough to gas out your opponent and make him question his gameplan.

Once again, the way Khabib straddles and hooks Connor's leg to prevent him from shrimping out or standing up was simply too much. This type of pressure and constant passing where he leaves you with a multiple choice of bad decision is a really difficult style to go against, and me personally I would not try to solve the problem via playing some sort of guard against Khabib, rather standing up is probably the best options, so I don't think neither guys' bottom game will fare too well against Khabib's top game

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if I should be in awe of khabibs performance or just settle for the fact that Conor doesn't have the ground game for this level.

In terms of grappling, Khabib has a system which he finessed over and over again so he knew the in's and out's of the positions he put McGregor in.

i.e. single -> straddles and hooks McGregor's leg with his own legs (leg-weaving in BJJ)

At this point McGregor is left to choose, unable to stand up he either shrimps to try to get his hip away (Khabib will step over to other side to pass, or re-straddle to keep pressure, or dope mount right into mount, you saw all 3 last night). His other option is turning his back, which he tried in later round pretty much taking his chances to escape the back.

Whereas Connor is just a brown belt finding himself. I don't think for one second Connor would stand a chance against top of the world Brown belt competitors and I think Khabib will slide right in to top level ADCC grappling, so that's the difference between their grappling IMO.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
the threat of a takedown from a good wrestler will make the. more dangerous in the striking department. That's what we saw today. kebab's ground game, squeeze capacity, his underrated boxing and defense is just on another level. Ferguson is the only guy that can match him.
yep

but i severely underestimated his boxing after how bad it looked vs iaquinta

also the way khabib landed the first TD, most fighters jump out of that shit :lol: :fp:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Forza Khabib

🤔
308dv7t.jpg

:monto:
r

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^
Forza Khabi...
what?

QRyk05w_700wa_0.gif

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like he followed Ibra to every club he went

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Feel sad for my man Tony to only now get the attention he deserves.

He deserved to have a title fight right after his win over Kevin Lee but got treated like shot now. Hopefully hes up next vs Khabib

Schedule