• Poll closed .

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
ger.png
GERMANY - ARGENTINA
arg.png

Germany: Manuel Neuer (Bayern München), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96), Jerome Boateng (Bayern München), Erik Durm (Borussia Dortmund), Kevin Großkreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke 04), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Philipp Lahm (Bayern München), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal), Christoph Kramer (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Julian Draxler (Schalke 04), Matthias Ginter (SC Freiburg), Mario Götze (Bayern München), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Toni Kroos (Bayern München), Thomas Müller (Bayern München), Mesut Özil (Arsenal), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Andre Schürrle (Chelsea), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern München), Miroslav Klose (Lazio Roma).

Argentina: Mariano Andujar (Catania), Sergio Romero (AS Monaco), Agustin Orion (Boca Juniors), Hugo Campagnaro (Internazionale), Federico Fernandez (Napoli), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Ezequiel Garay (Benfica), Marcos Rojo (Sporting), José Basanta (Monterrey), Martin Demichelis (Manchester City), Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Augusto Fernandez (Celta de Vigo), Ricky Alvarez (Internazionale), Lucas Biglia (Lazio Roma), Fernando Gago (Boca Juniors), Maxi Rodriguez (Newell's Old Boys), Enzo Perez (Benfica), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Angel di Maria (Real Madrid), Rodrigo Palacio (Internazionale), Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli), Sergio Agüero (Manchester City), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Paris Saint-Germain).

Official match page

Last edited:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
WC 1986 final: Argentina 3-2 Germany @Mexico
WC 1990 final: Argentina 0-1 Germany @Italy

And more recently, Germany has knocked out Argentina in WC 2010 and 2006

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Germany will do this! :star:

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Win for Ze Germans by at least 2 goal margin.

sucful

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
argentina win. germany=shitty defense

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Hope from Messi magic, but german win will be ok for me.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
If Argentina win the WC :fp:...such a shit team can't believe they reached the final

Germany deserve it, very organized team with good hardworking players

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
If Argentina win the WC :fp:...such a shit team can't believe they reached the final

Germany deserve it, very organized team with good hardworking players

:thumbsup:
I will be throwing up for the next 4 years (as will all of Brazil :lol: ) because for the next 4 years I will be hearing how "Messi is the greatest ever" and how Argentina and Barcelona are so great etc etc :fp::thumbsdown::fp:

I have no problem with them winning....but not in fucking Brazil ffs :rolleyes:
This World Cup might have been the best/most entertaining ever but for a Brazil and Ronaldo fan (Klose :cry: ) it has been a nightmare from even before it started

1. No Kaka
2. No Dinho/Pato/Lucas ( Very :max: of you Scolari...If only Neymar was as touch as Zlatan :head: )
3. Neymar injured
4. Silva missing the most crucial game
5. David Luiz not taking his schizophrenia pills
6. Argentina progressing while being shit
7. Rooney finally scoring in the World Cup
8. Balo scoring and STILL being shit on
9. Suarez goes out for some Italian....the next thing you know he gets banned for four months :o
10. Ronaldo's World Cup record obliterated by a poor man's Inzaghi. Fuck :thumbsdown:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Brazil deserve it, for constantly booing Argentina during the tournament.
I've always been an honorary Argentine fan, in the Argentina-Brazil rivalry.

Would love if they won it, although i like Germany too. I'm glad the Dutch and Brazil were the two knocked out in the semi-final.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
:lol:

Take comfort that Muller is likely to go past Klose soon :D

he's already high in the top and still has at least 2 WCs left in him
If he's lucky he might reach 20 goals

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol:

Take comfort that Muller is likely to go past Klose soon :D

That does comfort me actually...give me a Messi, CR7 even a Robben but fucking Klose? Obrigado Saudi Arabia for losing 8-0 :rolleyes:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
The team that wear their home jersey will win. 1986 argentina-home - (west)germany away(green jersey), 1990 argentina away(blue) - (west)germany-home

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Meh. If Ronaldo would have just been a little more of a pro, he could have kept his record going in 2010. He didn't care to try to keep it up, so I don't feel bad his record was broken in the saddest day of brazilian football, if anything it should be one of the many things that should make brazilian football sit down and reflect on.

Klose breaking the record is a wonderful recognition to hardworking pro.

Besides, one of the goals awarded to Ronaldo was an own goal.

Both teams deserve to be where they are. Germany has been working hard in this project, and it has paid off, they've been the most consistent european side for years now. Argentina has been the best south american team since 2012, Sabella understood perfectly what made his team vulnerable and has worked on it.

My only issue with Argentina is that Mascherano should be the captain, but if anything, giving the captain armband to Messi has made him realize his role in the team.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Meh. If Ronaldo would have just been a little more of a pro, he could have kept his record going in 2010. He didn't care to try to keep it up, so I don't feel bad his record was broken in the saddest day of brazilian football, if anything it should be one of the many things that should make brazilian football sit down and reflect on.

very harsh. but sadly very true as well.:thumbsup::cry:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was sure Germany would win x Argentina before semis.
But Argentina showed against the Dutch the kind of shut down game that can match a better team.

Germany still favorites IMO

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think Germany got this. They are the better, deeper squad and I don't think they will take this lightly. They've been close last few times and learned. They just seem too focused and determined to let this one slip away. But you never know, a final is a final and anything can happen in one game.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score

Both teams deserve to be where they are. Germany has been working hard in this project, and it has paid off, they've been the most consistent european side for years now. Argentina has been the best south american team since 2012, Sabella understood perfectly what made his team vulnerable and has worked on it.

My only issue with Argentina is that Mascherano should be the captain, but if anything, giving the captain armband to Messi has made him realize his role in the team.
You don't need an armband to be a leader.

Messi as captain pushes him further into the spotlight and takes the edge off even more from his teammates. If Argentina lost last night, there would have been nothing but criticism on Messi for failing to shine and lack of leadership.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Pound for pound, on paper, Argentina is the only team thats as good as Germany. Argentina has a better CB pairing and forward line. Germany slightly edges it in mid field and depth, and really edges in goal keeping.

For me, as far as Argentina goes, if Di Maria returns then I would like to see him in place of Lavezzi and not Enzo Perez. The only reason Holland vs Argentina was so close was because Di Maria was injured imo.

As far as germany goes, no changes needed from brazil team. And I have to give Low credit for how he has used Klose. He deliberately saved him for start in late tournament and it has worked brilliantly. Klose and Schurrle as subs or starters worked in every game for him.

I'll be happy with any result now. Germany and bundesliga getting recognition as producing the finest talents/messi going down in history as top 3 greatest of all time. This one is for the record books.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Pound for pound, on paper, Argentina is the only team thats as good as Germany. Argentina has a better CB pairing and forward line. Germany slightly edges it in mid field and depth, and really edges in goal keeping.

For me, as far as Argentina goes, if Di Maria returns then I would like to see him in place of Lavezzi and not Enzo Perez. The only reason Holland vs Argentina was so close was because Di Maria was injured imo.

As far as germany goes, no changes needed from brazil team. And I have to give Low credit for how he has used Klose. He deliberately saved him for start in late tournament and it has worked brilliantly. Klose and Schurrle as subs or starters worked in every game for him.

I'll be happy with any result now. Germany and bundesliga getting recognition as producing the finest talents/messi going down in history as top 3 greatest of all time. This one is for the record books.

agreed. He's only one capable of pushing ball from midfield to good attacking posiitons.

without him messi went so deep and while he can do stuff there, he can't dribble 6 guys and pass to himself

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
macherano had a prime gattuso-esque performance v. dutch.

He's gonna need to do even more v. Germany to give then a chance

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Germany struggled so far against defensively orientated teams. But then again who doesnt.....i think germany being better from set pieces will be key here.

I enjoyed watching Kroos play so much this WC. What a shame hes real bound.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Could it be said that Robben has been as dangerous as Muller this WC? I feel he might be even more, only he was alone while the German wasn't. If so, Mascherano can handle Muller.

I'd say Argentina has more than just a chance.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Could it be said that Robben has been as dangerous as Muller this WC? I feel he might be even more, only he was alone while the German wasn't. If so, Mascherano can handle Muller.

I'd say Argentina has more than just a chance.

vs the Nederlands they only had to deal with one great player and a bunch of good players
vs Germany they'll have to deal with a great team (well balanced and organised)