Are these STAM, CRESPO transfers helping?

who would YOU like to see alongside sheva in the starting line up?

• Total voters

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
I have some doubt's, but I think with Ancelloti at helm it will work.
I am asking myself al lot of questions if the two star players who have arrived are going to HELP MILAN "MORE" than they will upset the the CONFICENCE OF CURRENT PLAYERS and the team SYSTEM...??

on paper they look all amazing and great transfers:

1.Dhorasoo - this one has no faults, Good cover for anyone in the middle but not as good or established to push anyone out. also to cover REDONDO's left place.

2.Stam - Cover for the places left after Laursen and Roque. Great but is he not too good... (the anwser is yes) he will definatly push down all or Simic,Kaladze,Pancaro,Costacurta on place down. and also this man is a tempting option to use in the middle and brake up the Maldini-Nesta centre duo. aslo in the RB position he is a very stiff opponet for Cafu.
also maldini stated some time ago that he now prefers center position and is not so keen on moving back to the left.

3.Crespo - the biggest question of all is: who will partner Sheva? Crespo is definatly as good as or better than both Pippo and Tomma, so it is a EXTREMLY DELICATE situation for ancelloti to be faced with, I only hope this transfer and the first few games will mobilise the left our striker/s to do better rather that disturb the MORALE of the whole team...
Very Tricky This one...for all... I alreadly notice very divided opinions between the supporters about who should be our 2nd striker.
LETS NOT FORGET WE SUPPORT THE TEAM NOT SINGLE PLAYERS but...
give your personal opinion who you would like to see partner sheva in front: FORZA MILAN!!!!!!

Also having that many great strikers pretty much rules out Rui Costa Playing along side Kaka...as ancelloti said himself (to please berlussconi) that now even if he wanted he couldn't play with only one striker.

Also a three man defence would change the whole structure so I wouldn't bet on it.

FORZA ALL 4 STRIKERS !!!
FORZA AC MILAN !!! :devil2:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i would like to see inzaghi given the start right away, only because i think he is obliged to score after last season. if it doesn't work out, crespo can come on later on.

for subs, i think tomasson should be put in ahead of pippo/crespo, just because of his track record. IMO tomasson should also start against lesser serie a teams, because after the season he had, he deserves to play.

for the big matches, its a toss-up between crespo and pippo. i think crespo might be more dangerous, because he is stronger in the air and is physically bigger....but pippo, as in the past, would be fine as well. i guess its a case of whoever is in form by the time the season run-in comes around.

its gonna be a great season... :)

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Shevchenko, Kaka', Pirlo, Smith, Maldini, and many others
for Stam IMO he'll be replacement for Maldini/Nesta, if one of them are being suspended or injured. so he wont bring in many problem :conf:.
as for Dhorasoo IMO alongside with Ambro, they'll be replacement for Seedorf/Pirlo/Gattuso. if one of them are being suspended or injured, and also they'll be defenitly starting-eleven on Coppa match ;).
and for Crespo, here the one bit more hard. but IMO Carletto will rotate the strikers. wich one bettwen Inzaghi, Crespo, JDT that more fit and ready for a match to partnered with Sheva( defenitlly the first option striker). or he'll be Sheva replacement, if Sheva injured/suspended :) .

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well, STAM is a great player but given the current scenario of MILAN defense I am not sure whether this acquisition gonna add more value to us or would have negative impact on our team.

MALDINI has made it clear that he wants to play at the center of the defense. So, Where would STAM play, definitely not at CAFU's position. So ??

If we have CAFU _ NESTA _ MALDINI _ PANCARO/KALADZE, how would STAM get in the team...

Or we would go with three central defenders and two wide outs with sacrificing one midfielder...

STAM NESTA MALDINI
CAFU PANCARO

PIRLO KAKA GATTUSO

SHEVA PIPPO/CRESPO/JDT
Regarding CRESPO, I was never been a big fan of him but I would like to see what he does in MILAN. My fear is that he has never been a model as perfect team player. I hope he doesn't create any bad blood inside dressing room !@#$%^~!

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
i bet one of our strikers will have a serious injury this season. and then we will be glad that we hired crespo cause that would mean that we are at least down to 3 top strikers not like last season were pippo got injured and we were down to 2 top strikers.

who will it be ?

hey im not psychic. i don't know that. i just have this pesimistic feeling in me.

so who will partner sheva ? i don't know maybe sheva will be the chosen one to get injured. all i know is that in the end it won't be so bad and milan will have the double.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
crespo for sure....I hate inzaghi...Tomasson is my second choice.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan's retirement home is taking shape :tongue:

What Crespo still has to offer remains to be seen + I won't join in the ridiculous exultation over s.o. who for 3 years hasn't done much that would justify the label 'world class'. Any young prospect on the market would have served the purpose of reinforcing our attack + would have been available for more than just one season.

Stam. According to Ancelotti he will not play a 3men defense, Maldini has the privilege to choose where he wants to play + Stam will not play as a leftback. I'm afraid there is no place left, unless Ancelotti will rotate Maldini + Stam. This defense is ridiculously OLD + IMO will cause us a lot of problems not only against teams that know how to launch a half-decent counterattack. Should Nesta + Kaladze get injured again we're screwed.

Dhorasoo, though not worldclass like some want to make us believe + also on the wrong side of 30, is a decent player + should be able to cover for almost everyone in our midfield. Not sure how long his legs will be good though.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i think that milan's objective in getting stam and crespo was to win the CL this year and anything else possible. thats it.
we're not building a team around 30 year olds, we're building a team around nesta, pirlo, kaka, and (for the time being) shevchenko.

next year there will be a change, i'm sure. costacurta will go, i hope cafu will go, maldini will probably accept less playing time, and inzaghi should go for the good of the team. Crespo will ge long gone (thank god) and stam DOES have some years left in him.

this means we need a few good CBs, a RB, and a few strikers. the midfield bench will also need to be rejuventated.

CB-coloccini and a reasonable back up will be fine. stam and nesta should be the pairing with maldini taking part ocassionaly. coloccini will be able to take the reins the next season.

RB-whatever happened to that rafael guy? did he sign for messina? i'm clueless here...maybe someone will come up. heitingga isn't really a rb.

strikers- torres torres torres and torres. put him in the starting line up, and bring back borriello too, who should be useful by then.

mf- dhorasoo...whatever. rui costa and serginho will move on, so we need reliable backups. emre and donati/donadel/dalla bona? who knows.

passion...we won't be a retirement home forever. ;)

K77SH C

Primavera
Reaction score
Im worried about the stam signing. :eek: We clearly have some of the best defenders in the world, but I really dont see why we signed Stam. :eek: Even Ancelotti once said that he is a great player but we dont really need him. Fair enough, when Maldini or Nesta get injured then Stam would be needed. (Personally, I thought Billy was perfect for this role). But, what happens when they are all fit? Surely none of them would accept the bench without rotation or would it mean that one of our fullbacks who were awesome last season will be dropped to the bench? :( The rotation if it occurs could really disturb the defence, with players possibly changing position or partners every week. The defence needs continuity. :(

Theres no real point in saying I wish we had signed Chivu instead who is younger and could have slotted in at left back nicely, but I did anyway :D

I dont agree with Passion on crespo because I do believe we will have a more mature Torres soon and Crespo until then is perfectly fine. I think hes right about Stam though, Maldini really should be replaced
by someone younger who can learn from him and Nesta. :)

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Bojangles said:
crespo for sure....I hate inzaghi...Tomasson is my second choice.

Respect man!!! I'm with U.

On Stam:

I was abt to propose that we play a 3 man defence.. but to be honest, am Cafu fan also.

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
Inzaghi is set to miss a bit of the begining of the season so that make carlo with a bit less presure chosing the strikers ...
also seedorf and pirlo missing a the beginging I think will help Dhorasoo settle in and serginho brocchi to be happy ...because they will definatly be back when we need them...

Reaction score
sheva-crespo would be interesting p/ship, though JDT might deserves in starting line up.

Reaction score
jasiom said:
I have some doubt's, but I think with Ancelloti at helm it will work.
I am asking myself al lot of questions if the two star players who have arrived are going to HELP MILAN "MORE" than they will upset the the CONFICENCE OF CURRENT PLAYERS and the team SYSTEM...??

on paper they look all amazing and great transfers:

1.Dhorasoo - this one has no faults, Good cover for anyone in the middle but not as good or established to push anyone out. also to cover REDONDO's left place.

2.Stam - Cover for the places left after Laursen and Roque. Great but is he not too good... (the anwser is yes) he will definatly push down all or Simic,Kaladze,Pancaro,Costacurta on place down. and also this man is a tempting option to use in the middle and brake up the Maldini-Nesta centre duo. aslo in the RB position he is a very stiff opponet for Cafu.
also maldini stated some time ago that he now prefers center position and is not so keen on moving back to the left.

3.Crespo - the biggest question of all is: who will partner Sheva? Crespo is definatly as good as or better than both Pippo and Tomma, so it is a EXTREMLY DELICATE situation for ancelloti to be faced with, I only hope this transfer and the first few games will mobilise the left our striker/s to do better rather that disturb the MORALE of the whole team...
Very Tricky This one...for all... I alreadly notice very divided opinions between the supporters about who should be our 2nd striker.
LETS NOT FORGET WE SUPPORT THE TEAM NOT SINGLE PLAYERS but...
give your personal opinion who you would like to see partner sheva in front: FORZA MILAN!!!!!!

Also having that many great strikers pretty much rules out Rui Costa Playing along side Kaka...as ancelloti said himself (to please berlussconi) that now even if he wanted he couldn't play with only one striker.

Also a three man defence would change the whole structure so I wouldn't bet on it.

FORZA ALL 4 STRIKERS !!!
FORZA AC MILAN !!! :devil2:
i think that good when milan got crespo and stam, milan have alot of events to win, much quality players has good impact to milan's performances, get all trophy is a realistic target for milan now. FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!! :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
hmmm...sheva crespo would be awesome.......or sheva n pippo...both on top of their game...have yet 2 c that.....but thats unlikely..since pippo picked up an injury.........wat bour crespo tomma...or sheva tomma?

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
My only certanty is that Shev is one of the duo...Sheva Jdt or Sheva Crespo

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Stam is world class. As good, if not better than the likes of Canavaro, Ayala, Sol Campbell etc.

He will prove class for us. Just ask a Lazio support how good he was...

K77SH C

Primavera
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
Stam is world class. As good, if not better than the likes of Canavaro, Ayala, Sol Campbell etc.

yeah ur right, theres no doubting his quality and Im sure he will play well for us. Im just worried about the impact he will have tactically. Would we lose cafu on the right or would we have an older maldini on the left. ancelotti, will probably figure out the best solution though :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne said:

I trust my own eyes + have to agree, he WAS good. Now he's somewhere between good + decent, closer to decent.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Honestly I am not satisfied by the Milan's summer transfers this year.Crespo and Stam are big names in the game,no doubt but what they have to offer to Milan?A season or two.Thats all.In Crespo's case nobody really knows what the real deal is but as much as we know he is Milan player for one year and he will not be sold to us the next season.

My concern is we aren't planing for the long term future.We just look for immediate future.Ask yourself hadn't been it better if we had brought a young defender,who could gain some experience under mights of SanPaolo and Sandro.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
Honestly I am not satisfied by the Milan's summer transfers this year.Crespo and Stam are big names in the game,no doubt but what they have to offer to Milan?A season or two.Thats all.In Crespo's case nobody really knows what the real deal is but as much as we know he is Milan player for one year and he will not be sold to us the next season.

My concern is we aren't planing for the long term future.We just look for immediate future.Ask yourself hadn't been it better if we had brought a young defender,who could gain some experience under mights of SanPaolo and Sandro.

when the time comes to rebuild the squad, we will. milan can afford to buy as many players as they need.

for next season alone, the signings are more than sufficient. like i said before, were not building our team around crespo, stam, and dhorasoo.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
us_bombs said:
when the time comes to rebuild the squad, we will. milan can afford to buy as many players as they need.

for next season alone, the signings are more than sufficient. like i said before, were not building our team around crespo, stam, and dhorasoo.

The topic of the thread is "New Rossoneri signings" and i have my opinion and view on it which is different from you.It isn't any disrespect for any player or you so i will back my earlier post.

I understand your view and respect it as well but i feel it would had been better had we brouught a young talented centre back.So my point of view is playing under and with SanPaolo and Sandro would had helped the youngster.We will have to do that sooner or later anyway.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
us_bombs said:

The topic of the thread is "New Rossoneri signings" and i have my opinion and view on it which is different from you.It isn't any disrespect for any player or you so i will back my earlier post.

I understand your view and respect it as well but i feel it would had been better had we brouught a young talented centre back.So my point of view is playing under and with SanPaolo and Sandro would had helped the youngster.We will have to do that sooner or later anyway.

i'm not trying to be confrontive, i actually share the same opinion as you on this. i would have rathered someone other than stam too, a "young talented centre back", but we have who we have and that person is better than laursen.

next season i'm sure we'll get a more attractive side, youthwise that is... :D (sorry stam)

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
The fact is that Milan didn't need major transfers this year...just a few more planks of support for our great squad. Also, when the time comes to buy new young talent, Milan has more than enough money to buy them. I say the future of the club is secure for another 10 years.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
milan_my_love said:

I disagree.

I, like most other people would like a young defender introduced yet i am happy with the transfer campain - mosty.

We have lost no one, which i am happy with. Over 2 seasons we have won the Title, Cup and Champions League - we have only re-enforced this, with mostly world class players.

Stam is and will be world class for 3 years, one of the worlds best.. People which say otherwise are very anti-Milan and pesimistic. What proof is there to say he is going to go downhill? His is as smart and skillfull football wise as anyone and his phsyiacal attributes haven't gone down with age, like Valencias Ayala. :)

Crespo is class. He will prove that. :)

Our French dude i am happy with. He looks like he can play a number of postions and wont expect to many games. Good back up for the likes of Pirlo/Kaka/Seedorf etc.

I dont know why the fuk we signed the lad. Discrasful buy imo.

---

If we were to sign a great young defender (Mexes, Kompany etc.) would we simply waste money and a Carrer? At the moment we have 2/3/4 player, all of which ar very good for each spot in the back.

left - Pancaro, Maldini, Kaladze
right - Cafu, Stam, Simic
center - Nesta, Stam, Maldini, Simic

If we were to sign say a Mexes, he wouldnt get a game. He would sit on the bench (if he was lucky) and complain. Personally i dont think there is any young player that would come close to being better than Stam/Nesta/Maldini/Cafu. Our players are very much world class. :). When youth is needed i trust the board to reconise the situation and buy them.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Guys I belive that Crespo and Stam will be great this season.Stam is a world class and so is Crespo.I know that Stam will perform!!!I just can't wait the season to start :cool:

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Edi said:
Guys I belive that Crespo and Stam will be great this season.Stam is a world class and so is Crespo.I know that Stam will perform!!!I just can't wait the season to start :cool:

I Bet 10000000000000000000$ You Changed Your Mind Now :- )

Schedule