Milan 'retire' presidential chair

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hmmm....

I saw this on the site

"Source: Football Italia

The San Siro giants have unveiled plans to carry on without a President if Silvio Berlusconi is forced to give up his position.

The media magnate has been in charge of Milan since the 1980’s, but as the Prime Minister of Italy his many roles represent a conflict of interests.

“We have retired Franco Baresi’s Number 6 jersey and will do the same for Paolo Maldini’s Number 3,” joked Vice-President Adriano Galliani (pictured). “Why not do the same for the Number 1 – the President?”

New laws forced Berlusconi into his resignation on December 28 and a successor has not been found, but it seems the club has no intention of looking for one.

“We have consulted our legal staff and it is possible to continue indefinitely with myself as Vice-President,” continued Galliani, who has practically been running the club for the last few years since Berlusconi’s political career took off.

“As far as the almanacs are concerned, Silvio Berlusconi will be the last President of AC Milan and the club statute changed accordingly.”"

What will happen when Berlusconileaves the PM seat? Come back to reclaim the position, or Kick Galliani out to become VP?
I don't think this is a good idea, ..but it's his club.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
hmmm intresting!...even the presidential seat has been retired! Next thing you know they will retire the jersey of our legend ba! :)

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
This retireing of all kinds of stuff is getting a bit out of hand :) What's next :conf:

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Retiring a players squad number as a sign of respect is fair enough, but soon (well, maybe 50 years or so) they'll be no numbers 1 through 11 in the first team. Baresi's 6 is gone, Maldini's will also go and I can't see them not retiring the number 7 when Shevchenko calls it a day. I personally would like to see a number 6 or a number 3 brandished on a new player and then recollect the days when that shirt was worn by Baresi or Maldini.

Schedule