Week 24: Roma - Milan 28/02/2021 20:45 CET

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
To be honest based on our latest performances i didn't expected much watching this one, i was even going to miss it because i had other things to do but i figured i can't do that and i'm glad i did watch it.

it wasn't the cleanest performance but what i liked the most is the spirit of the team which seemed dead in the past games, and what i really liked is that finally pioli had some balls to sack that useless romangoli out, tomori was a beast from behind with kajer we can really form a great defensive pair, and that is something we didn't have for around 10 years now.

also i liked rebic in this game, finally a good game, not just hardworking or fluke goal, just a solid performance all around the game, also i felt like sales got better when ibra was off the field, it is like having your bully out and he had no fear.

what i didn't like is the useless tonali still playing , we improved hugely when he got subbed off, i hope benacer is back next game, also we need hakan to be back to form, he is around 30 - 40 % of our attacking power with him out of form we are weak in the linkage between defense and attack.

anyway great win, great spirit, hope bloody inter lose points or some of their main fuckers injured (barella, lukako) they got the best luck of injures this season, i hope that changes.

Your first decent post in a while. Happy for you

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
It is fantastic to get back to winning ways. We should have been out of sight by half time.

Tomori was class and Romagnoli can not play in this team on current form.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We got lucky, still bad in defense though. The wingers actually doing their job for a change helped a lot.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
We did a decent game yesterday. I liked Kessie a lot, also Rebic near the goal as always.. it was a fine victory. Three points much needed.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great win, I'm so happy

I think Rebic can be the closest player to emulate Shevchenko. When he is in the game, he can be deadly. He took the goal beautifully

200.gif

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Romag making 1 mistake that leads to goal per game

Ibra messing 2 top chances 1 time in 1 game

context of my post was players rating for this game - best and fail

and i show the example were 1 mistake of defender makes him total flop
and 2 missed good chances (in reality ibra had 3 good opportunities to score in first 9 minutes) still allow attacker to not be considered as worst on the pitch.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Romagnoli didn't play in this game
- He had continuous poor outings that led to him being criticized - inside and out of this forum.

Ibra messed up and some were critical of him (leading some persons in the other thread to talk about persons not being appreciative of him)
- I think it was right to be critical of Ibra during that game given the context of us being in a delicate moment and needing to win. If Ibra had played like that last year during the historic run then people wouldn't care at all.

Given that we won vs Roma it's OK but if we had dropped points then much more people would look at the performance more carefully.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
We got lucky, still bad in defense though.

:thumbsup: We held on this past game v. Roma and I didn't like it. We should have scored 2-3 goals in the first half but since we didn't the second half was us barely holding on and being defensively frail once more. The fact that Tonali played as a type of 3rd CB on many Roma attacks deep in the box doesn't spell good things for defensive organization and it has looked like this since the start of 2021. This IMO is on Pioli either style of play or poor formation set-up v. opponents, or sometimes both, but Pioli needs to get this team moving again, b/c it looks like we're just holding on at the moment. Really important to come out with top energy against Udinese tomorrow regardless of some starters missing.

We deserved to win but it was not pretty. Either way I'm glad to get back to winning ways but man that was not pretty. Thank God for Rebic who played amazing and was actually back on form b/c literally none of the other attackers were... Ibra was dominant early but couldn't bury, Saelemaekers was better than his past few performances and always works hard but was average, Leao lazy besides 2-3 runs (classic Leao), Calhanoglu looked awful, and Diaz while he worked hard was more or less ineffective.

Schedule