The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Is our preparational and medical staff even serie a level?

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Ale with the 'shut your mouth' gesture, leao with the 'if you wanna judge me, call me' and now the rooster

banter era team

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you can, try to rewatch the second half. It?s clearly something different. It?s not the same as our RB staying low to balance out Theo.

Could be. I rewatched it yesterday.
Didn't think it was anything new, just a larger dose of the usual. Calabria drops back when the LB joins the high press or attack. This time it was Dalot and not Theo.
He stayed there a bit longer than the normal, but I think that's because the team was generally cautious in that game, particularly after the 2-0.
There were also sequences in the 2nd half where he pushed up all the way to their corners

Page 8 to 10 on the match reports have avg positions for each half, with and without ball possession. You can tell that there were more of the back-3 in the 2nd half, but it's still a back-4 that occasionally turned into back-3 or back-5.
http://www.legaseriea.it/en/match-report-pdf/A/2020-21/UNICO/UNI/26/VERMIL

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
1. Do you understand the concept of ?babysitting? ?
2. Do you actually watch the games watch games ? Highlights even.
Yes I do. Babysitting is taking care of babies. Since Theo is always attacking, kessie and romagnoli always have to take care of him.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Could be. I rewatched it yesterday.
Didn't think it was anything new, just a larger dose of the usual. Calabria drops back when the LB joins the high press or attack. This time it was Dalot and not Theo.
He stayed there a bit longer than the normal, but I think that's because the team was generally cautious in that game, particularly after the 2-0.
There were also sequences in the 2nd half where he pushed up all the way to their corners

Page 8 to 10 on the match reports have avg positions for each half, with and without ball possession. You can tell that there were more of the back-3 in the 2nd half, but it's still a back-4 that occasionally turned into back-3 or back-5.
http://www.legaseriea.it/en/match-report-pdf/A/2020-21/UNICO/UNI/26/VERMIL

Yeah those average position charts don't tell the story I thought I saw. I don't know, it just felt different to me somehow while watching. Maybe I was overthinking it. Thanks for the link.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Yes I do. Babysitting is taking care of babies. Since Theo is always attacking, kessie and romagnoli always have to take care of him.

its more like
when theo goes to attack (and majority of fullbacks this days do it), kessie needs to go and cover left side where romag needs babysitting because of lack of the pace.

how did hakimi or lukaku look yesterday against players with decent speed?? how they looked against our slowboiz??

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
13 goals and 3 assists in 25 games + a contract that ends in summer 2024. I don't think he's gonna go for anything under 35, post covid or not. Imo a club like Leipzig will snatch him up and sell him on in a season or two for 50+

Leipzig most expensive signing is ?20M. They don?t ?buy? big players.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Probable line-up: Donnarumma, Calabria, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Dalot, Kessie, Tonali, Saele, Krunic, Castillejo, Leao

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Towards #ManchesterMilan ,
today group training for #Hernandez (recovery is tried), customized for all other players who have to recover from injuries.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

If you?re really from kathmandu, then it?s understandable that you don?t understand ?babysitting?... where I?m from there is also ALWAYS somebody, multiple people in the house so there is never a situation where the kid might be home alone and need to have someone for the sole purpose of staying with them.
So the kid that?s being babysat is the kid you have to stay with at home, not the one that?s gone.

If you want to put a negative connotation to Theo?s going forward (as is his role) you can use different terms like ?abandoning/vacating his post? and more that I can?t think of right now.

Your lack of understanding of babysitting could just be cultural.... On the other hand you said ?it?s not like he contributes a lot in offense?. Now that is either bad faith or simply terrible appreciation of situations.
I?m not a stat guy, but the stat guy could tell you that. But even someone who only watch highlights can see he is one of main offensive player. Which is, by the way, what sparked this discussion.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Probable line-up: Donnarumma, Calabria, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Dalot, Kessie, Tonali, Saele, Krunic, Castillejo, Leao

Pioli will do the prematch press conference Tomori. Hard to believe he will not play.

I think we?ll see Kjaer-Tomori for the next 2 games...based on the characteristics of the opponent.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Ill never forgive pioli if he benches tomori for united game

Unless we plan on parking the bus

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Ill never forgive pioli if he benches tomori for united game

Unless we plan on parking the bus

even if we do park the bus, tomori is a must play. Rashford and Cavani are out, their tallest attackers are Greenwood and Martial who are both 1.81m. Tomori can handle those midgets easily

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
why do you admire redbull mb? You see them as the little guy defying the odds through hard work and great organisation?

They are a big advertisement sign with a shitload of money, buying talents that will generate money while not being primarily driven by titles. No culture, no real fan base, an energy drink literally as their logo. Great organisation bought with money doesn't make them admirable imo. Maybe you admire Redbull as a company but come on... ew...

The shitload of money part is not true, they built their team from nothing. I was following them for years while they were in lower divisions, it's a very interesting team and they reached their goal in less time than planned.

Basically they were in 5th division before red bull bought them, and their goal was to qualify to Champions League within 10 years by putting 10 Million per year into the team. Pretty fucking amazing that they did it in only 8 years.

I think we've been out of Champions League in the same time period that they went from 5th division to Champions League. Amazing on their part, sad on ours

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The shitload of money part is not true, they built their team from nothing. I was following them for years while they were in lower divisions, it's a very interesting team and they reached their goal in less time than planned.

Basically they were in 5th division before red bull bought them, and their goal was to qualify to Champions League within 10 years by putting 10 Million per year into the team. Pretty fucking amazing that they did it in only 8 years.

I think we've been out of Champions League in the same time period that they went from 5th division to Champions League. Amazing on their part, sad on ours

Maldini must learn from them how to build team with young talents.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Isn't this other way around? Roma and kessie are the ones who have to babysit Theo all the time because he is on his adventures.
His pace should be used only on counters or to make late runs on the box. It shouldn't be our go to tactics. It's not like he contributes a lot in offense.

1. Do you understand the concept of ?babysitting? ?
2. Do you actually watch the games watch games ? Highlights even.

Actually helloAgain is right.
Someone should count all the goals scored on us because Theo is stuck on the attack, and also the goals scored on us because Theo lost the ball on our half of the field trying to dribble out of trouble

Roma should be babysat tho, and Tomori covers for him now when it comes to speed

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Maldini must learn from them how to build team with young talents.

Well to give him credit milan are being linked with every talent red bull go after... Simakan , szoboszlai etc.

Unfortunately they are thoroughly out muscling us financially.

Maybe we will become better once we reach the champions league ... Maybe.

Regardless, doors to ragnick shouldn't be closed for the future. I want to see a gazidis + ragnick partnership at some point. :thumbsup:

For now, as long as maldini is meeting the club objectives like top 4 , reduction in wages , financial prudency etc we can't fault him.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Milan full-back Theo Hernandez was back in training today and should be available for the match against Manchester United on Thursday.

Calciomercato.com reports the Rossoneri wing-back trained regularly with the rest of the group and should be ready to play against the English giants this week.

The French 23-year-old missed the match against Hellas Verona last weekend but has recovered in time to be in contention for the match at Old Trafford.

Ante Rebic had a personalised session and will not travel to England and the same goes for Hakan Calhanolgu, who continues the individual programme.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Actually helloAgain is right.
Someone should count all the goals scored on us because Theo is stuck on the attack, and also the goals scored on us because Theo lost the ball on our half of the field trying to dribble out of trouble

Roma should be babysat tho, and Tomori covers for him now when it comes to speed

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio

Are you saying red bull does not have shit loads of money?

The reason they no longer are in 5th division is because of money.

Is the money well spent? Yes, especially recently and if you're a selling club. Their scouting has improved as has ours and today we are often linked to the same targets.

Not much else to say on this matter. RB conglomerate is still a huge infrastructure with a number of teams and etc etc. Do you want AC Milan B?

Last edited:

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Sky: Donnarumma’s new contract talks have stalled at the moment. Milan offered €7M/year but it’s not enough. The two hypothesis are either a two-year extension or a one-year extension and postpone the discussion of the matter for another 12 months.

Imagine how harder the negotiations would be if Gigio didn't love the club

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

QAnon alternative facts - we have now spun Romagnoli's deficiency and the notion that three players should play differently to accommodate him into one player should strictly only attack on counters :proud::proud::proud:

- Please note all of this spilled from VS's poor assumption this is how we should play to cover for his fallen idol.

There isnt hope for the latest generation:cry:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Torino?s Andrea Belotti has been linked with a move to Milan, but according to reports in Italy, PSV?s Donyell Malen is also on the Rossoneri?s radars.

Mino Raiola will play a key role in negotiations as he?s both Ibra and Malen's agent.

Not really impressed with Malen. Belotti would definitely be a better and safer choice

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probable line-up: Kjaer, Romagnoli, Dalot Castillejo

welll fuck...

Tomori is needed in this one.

And lets all pray that Castillejo does something other than dive and get bullied on the ball.

Dalot.....I don't feel safe with him either but lets all hope and pray

Status
Not open for further replies.