Week 23: Milan - Inter 21/02/2021 15:00 CET

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Why is there even a discussion about Rebic or Leao starting? Rebic must start the Derby.

And I don't really like Rebic much, but this game is not for Leao to start, we need that left flank secured from the start.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
All I want from this game is that we start to show some balls again. I was expecting a bad run of form and we were never favorites for the scudetto but we have a good team and 4th place is essential.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao should start because we don't need Theo to run upfront everytime. The winner team will be the most tactically disciplined one. No improvisation needed

Rebic will have some minutes in the second half and I am sure we will already be ahead.
You are joking right?

You mention discipline and then you want leao over rebic?!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Or Pioli starts Leao over a fit Rebic I will think that he's lost his mind.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
iHomo to take penalties in the derby :max:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Leao should start because we don't need Theo to run upfront everytime. The winner team will be the most tactically disciplined one. No improvisation needed

Rebic will have some minutes in the second half and I am sure we will already be ahead.

:thumbsup:

The funny thing is they forget Theo is the defender, Rebic is the attacker, they think its the opposite with Rebic having to help Theo to attack.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

The funny thing is they forget Theo is the defender, Rebic is the attacker, they think its the opposite with Rebic having to help Theo to attack.

What is this? 1935? Fullbacks are part of the attacks and the opposite is the same for wingers helping out in the defence.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Yes, Rebic can’t play with the ball as much as Leao so nothing kidding. In your post its Rebic to play for Theo. Everybody here talks about whether Leao makes Theo better and nobody talks about Theo making Leao better.

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Another reason to start Rebic is Mandz injury with Leao a ready sub either Ibra or Rebic.
Time for Tona to step up , we need him.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, Rebic can?t play with the ball as much as Leao so nothing kidding. He allows Theo to attack more because he is more needed when Rebic is playing. In your post its Rebic to play for Theo.

Everybody here talks about whether Leao makes Theo better and nobody talks about Theo making Leao better.
Am talking about a secured left flank & how important Rebic is to this.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
We re gonna need to out score them cause we sure as hell not keeping a clean sheet

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Thing is if we win, its gonna be one hell of a push for our scudetto dream. Im nervous af

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Another reason to start Rebic is Mandz injury with Leao a ready sub either Ibra or Rebic.
Time for Tona to step up , we need him.

We all understood that Rebic will start when Leao entered the field in the beggining of second half vs Red Star to replace him.

But its just to read the dishonest opinions of some users.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd start Rebic too. I'm not worried about Leao being careless in the derby, in addition he has improved his defensive work ethic, I think even you have said it. Still a long way to go.

I'm not sure I've said it, but I did see some positive signs against Sassuolo and the games that followed it. However it's gone to shit again since Ibra's return.
His number of pressures doesn't bother me as much as how bad the attempts are. He also seems to have zero clue on where to position himself to block passing lanes. He's just creating holes in our defense.

With Rebic we create much more, score much more and concede much less than with Leao.

.....wtf am I reading?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Bringing in fresh legs of Rebic in 60th minute versus Hakimi, is better than bringing Leao at the 60th minute on the LW position.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've said it, but I did see some positive signs against Sassuolo and the games that followed it. However it's gone to shit again since Ibra's return.
His number of pressures doesn't bother me as much as how bad the attempts are. He also seems to have zero clue on where to position himself to block passing lanes. He's just creating holes in our defense.

With Rebic we create much more, score much more and concede much less than with Leao.

.....wtf am I reading?

:lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Bringing in fresh legs of Rebic in 60th minute versus Hakimi, is better than bringing Leao at the 60th minute on the LW position.

Any of them is better than bringing Mandzukic in 60th minute.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Inter will go gun blazing the first half & it when we need to hold them.
Leao coming fresh second half with a tired Hakimi could really work.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Why are you guys wasting your time and energy discussing this match
giphy.gif

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Honestly dont care about the result.
All i care is to see a team , win or lose.
I dont think tomorrow's result will decide our season , but how we play will.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
1974 football or not, thats how I see it :

Rebic on the pitch is requiring Theo to be on full attack mode -> You have to deal with exposition at the back. Kessie has to be very cautious.

Leao on the pitch -> Theo has to release the ball quickly and we rely on Leao creativity and efficiency on the left wing. Kessie can look forward and an inspired Hakan will probably score also.

Anyway I trust Padre eye. Forza Milan

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, Rebic can?t play with the ball as much as Leao so nothing kidding. In your post its Rebic to play for Theo. Everybody here talks about whether Leao makes Theo better and nobody talks about Theo making Leao better.
On top of what others already replied on this: Leao has the ability to play 15 minutes on ballon d'or level and then completely disappear for the rest of the game, going in full passenger mode.

For the derby I prefer to bet on someone like Rebic who doesn't even know how to take a break, even if his offensive output hasn't been as consistent as last season.

The moment Leao finally learns how to stay mentally in the game for the entire 90 minutes is the moment he'll become a great player. When he then can do that week in week out, he's gonna be on world-class level easily, that's how talented he is. But right now I really prefer Rebic's work ethnic and balancing over Leao's brief flashes of class.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Rebic on the pitch is requiring Theo to be on full attack mode -> You have to deal with exposition at the back. Kessie has to be very cautious.

Leao on the pitch -> Theo has to release the ball quickly and we rely on Leao creativity and efficiency on the left wing. Kessie can look forward and an inspired Hakan will probably score also.

Lol, so you're saying with Rebic on the pitch Theo plays like Theo. With Leao, Theo needs to play like a normal scared fullback. Got it.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Honestly dont care about the result.
All i care is to see a team , win or lose.
I dont think tomorrow's result will decide our season , but how we play will.

Nah. We should care. We have enough firepower to win. With a little trickery and discipline we can do it. I am not sure who can man mark Lukaku though. Roma/Kjaer not fast enough. Tomori/Kalulu not strong enough...Pioli better not fuck up

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Lets say you are right & thats there is two Theos.
I want the Rebic's version that is responsible for half of our attack.

Nah. We should care. We have enough firepower to win. With a little trickery and discipline we can do it. I am not sure who can man mark Lukaku though. Roma/Kjaer not fast enough. Tomori/Kalulu not strong enough...Pioli better not fuck up
You totally missed my point.
I said all i want is a team playing good , win or lose.
I didnt say we will lose.

And i disagree , Tomo is aggressive + strong.
I honestly dont know how Pioli said he isnt.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling Tonali will score the winner and things will go wild when Milan fan boy finishes the game

Schedule