Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan - Atletico Madrid 28/09/2021 21:00 CET

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
It should be a mich better game for Milan than the last one, let’s go!

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Atletico are an eyesore, but also a tough nut to crack. The squad has lots of quality players, but it's unbalanced. They have more second strikers than they need. Meanwhile their only reliable forward is 34yo Suarez, who has lost the pace and stamina, but will find a way to score even if you amputate both his legs.

I don't think the Spezia game suited Giroud at all, but his aerial game will be needed here.

And they are all a bunch of worldclass divers. Gotta be careful with that

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Attacareeeeee

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Atletico are an eyesore, but also a tough nut to crack. The squad has lots of quality players, but it's unbalanced. They have more second strikers than they need. Meanwhile their only reliable forward is 34yo Suarez, who has lost the pace and stamina, but will find a way to score even if you amputate both his legs.

I don't think the Spezia game suited Giroud at all, but his aerial game will be needed here.

We?ll also need Giroud for defensive set pieces. We don?t have a lot of tall players. Another reason why I think Pioli will favor Kessie over Bennacer.

Is Lemar back?

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
A tough tough game but any game is winnable and we are in a good place.

I believe.

Forza Milan!

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Starting Giroud vs Spezia was to mainly give him some minutes ahead of this game. He's starting here.

Only head scratcher is whether it will be Leao or Rebic to accompany him. With Rebic you have that inevitable big game player. While Leao is almost certain to cause constant danger down that left side and put in some dangerous crosses for Giroud.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Only head scratcher is whether it will be Leao or Rebic to accompany him. With Rebic you have that inevitable big game player. While Leao is almost certain to cause constant danger down that left side and put in some dangerous crosses for Giroud.

This is a great dilemma to have :)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sky saying that Rebic might play ahead of Giroud, with Kessie Tonali midfield. Might be a risk if Atletico play ultra defensive.

Hoplite

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
tbh I am not fully convinced with Giroud's performance so far. Willing to be proven wrong, Giroud

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We?ll also need Giroud for defensive set pieces. We don?t have a lot of tall players. Another reason why I think Pioli will favor Kessie over Bennacer.

Is Lemar back?

Yeah, with Tomori my main worry are set-pieces / crosses. On the ground, in open play, he's as good as it gets, but aerially him, Calabria & Bennacer need others to compensate for them.

The latest reports say he's back. He wasn't called up for the last game though, so I don't think he'll start this one unless Simeone is really desperate.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Match daaaay :c:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Match daaaay :c:

just-stop-cut-it-out.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Probable lineup vs. Atletico according to @SkySport:

Maignan; Calabria, Kj?r, Tomori, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Tonali; Saelemaekers, Brahim, Leao; Rebic

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
My bad guys.
Forgive me. I thought it was today.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
My bad guys.
Forgive me. I thought it was today.

It's okay, against Spezia you showed up 30 minutes before the match not realizing it was that day :lol: At least you'll be on time for Atletico.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya Allah, qaas.
How do you deal with ramadan?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Its smart to start both Kessie and Tonali for arial presence Bennacer of the bench can change the pace. Our back line is also at full strength, which is nice to see.

Its a hard choice between Rebic and Giroud. The sexy french man isnt in form, but Rebic can be a super sub. I would go for Giroud.

Mike
Calabria Kjaer Tomori Theo
Tonali Kessie
Saele Diaz Leao
Giroud

Super subs- Rebic, Bennacer