The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football > 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

View Poll Results: Team to qualify for the semi-finals?
France 8 57.14%
Germany 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2014, 20:29   #221
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Very smooth by Germany. France went out with a whimper.. Algeria, Ghana and USA have all been better opponents for Germany so far.

This formation worked much better than having stupid Gotze around slowing down things rather aimlessly.

If Colombia lose, I hope Germany sticks to this XI against Brazil. They should win.
Thats not why germany's formation slows down. When they play with muller as cf and not klose or schurrle they prefer way more pass build-up than direct approach. Game would have probably looked the same if u swap ozil for gotze.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 20:31   #222
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
For the future I mean.

Great player but sadly injured.
I'd like to see Klose start every world cup, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
Thats not why germany's formation slows down. When they play with muller as cf and not klose or schurrle they prefer way more pass build-up than direct approach. Game would have probably looked the same if u swap ozil for gotze.
Yeah maybe, but I don't like Gotze.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 21:36   #223
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke07 View Post

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 22:08   #224
profpk
World Cup Winner

^great work jasper..

Signature
AC Milan for life
profpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 00:21   #225
Jivara
Forza Milan

France were not so bad.. They just lacked calmness when they got near the German goal. A few times the player on the wing should have played a low cross between the GK and defence but they always seemed to choose the quick/wrong option. They defend well and their midfield is strong. I thought Cabaye was good but I would have liked to see shooting opportunities from the midfielders. They are still a somewhat young team and should stick with Deschamps who plays an interesting brand of football.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 00:54   #226
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
France were not so bad.. They just lacked calmness when they got near the German goal. A few times the player on the wing should have played a low cross between the GK and defence but they always seemed to choose the quick/wrong option. They defend well and their midfield is strong. I thought Cabaye was good but I would have liked to see shooting opportunities from the midfielders. They are still a somewhat young team and should stick with Deschamps who plays an interesting brand of football.
France were bad. Valbuena was overpowered, Benzema was mostly pulling a Balo-type performance, Griezmann was the one that looked the best along Matuidi. Pogba was MIA and Sakho was just Sakho. On the other hand, Giroud was more of a nuisance than help. France need a real quality CF.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 00:59   #227
Jivara
Forza Milan

I think Benzema did well to create some chances out of nothing but Germany closed down the spaces well and gave him difficult shots.

The only way to come back was to play the ball in the space between the GK and defensive line with crosses coming from the sides or from over the top which Griezmann latched onto very well but was not able to direct his touch towards the German goal.

Pace was slow because it was played in horrible conditions. Players ran less than 10km average whereas in CL football played at night they sometimes run 12-14km
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:42   #228
Dominate
Genius

Fav. Players: RIP Totti

As i have previously stated, Hummels is a total boss lord defender.

Bosssss
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:13   #229
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

bundes still overrated, but its time for them to win it, its been long time

Signature
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote