The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football > 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

View Poll Results: Team to finish 3rd?
Brazil 5 45.45%
The Netherlands 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-07-2014, 04:05   #141
luke07
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger

mosquito
luke07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 04:33   #142
Dawn
Campione d'Mercato

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Look here:

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sele%C3...0#Elenco_atual

Right now it's awful honestly
Wandering around, I found this article. What do you think?

Quote:
Brazil: the talent factory 2013 featuring Alex Telles, Mayke, Rodrigo Caio, Biro-Biro, Rafael Ratão

The series has been running since 2008 and you can check out the previous editions here: 2012 (featuring Adryan Oliveira Tavares, Ademilson, Bernard, Romarinho, Victor Andrade), 2011 (includes Oscar, Wellington Nem, Rafael Cabral), 2010 (includes Lucas Moura, Casemiro, Elkeson), 2009 (includes Sandro Ranieri, Rafael Tolói), 2008 (includes Keirrison, Mikon Leite).

http://pitacodogringo.wordpress.com/...-rafael-ratao/

Signature
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 05:12   #143
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonatawish View Post
Wandering around, I found this article. What do you think?
Alex Teles and Rodrigo Caio are good... I don't see them as future stars or anything though.

Don't really know about the other 3. So far they didn't even break through in their professionals teams
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 07:02   #144
luke07
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger

what about gabby silva and mario fernandes?

yes mario is doing stupid thing now in russia

not that he's performing badly i guess
Old 13-07-2014, 07:34   #145
Sven
Super Moderator

Mario Fernandes is really good but also a nutter
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 07:36   #146
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Hernanes was sooooo bad against ned. What happened to that guy lol.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 07:39   #147
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

How many Brazil goals in the last two games have come from attackers unmarked in central zones? It has been a magnificently bad CB-DM performance.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 08:37   #148
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
Hernanes was sooooo bad against ned. What happened to that guy lol.
He hasnt really got a chance this world cup. I thought Fernandinho was worse

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 09:13   #149
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Fernandinho, Paulinho - worst two Brazilians this tournament. After them, David Luiz.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 09:39   #150
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Cleen sheet throne

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 09:47   #151
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Fernandinho, Paulinho - worst two Brazilians this tournament. After them, David Luiz.
There are in different size and color to select worst two Brazilians:

- False CB: David Luiz

- False DMs: Fernandinho and Paulinho

- Open doors: Dani Alves and Marcelo

- Totem Poles: Fred and Jo

- One-man-band: Hulk and Neymar

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 12:45   #152
luke07
Banned

fred and jo is brazil are hardcore fan

they watched the game live from the pitch
Old 13-07-2014, 13:43   #153
ladro
AC Milan Icon

PSG management must be worried. If this is how luiz performs when hes actually trying hard to defend then what will he look like when he isnt as motivated? Or maybe he didnt try to defend? Scolari should answer that one.

De Vrij, Wijnaldum and Vlaar were the biggest surprises among the dutch IMO throughout the tournament. Job well done by lvg. Not the most entertaining bunch but job well done. The dutch should be proud of their team IMO.

Didnt know the NT that finished 3rd gets 18mil from FIFA BTW.

Signature

''SPES SIBI QUISQUE''
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 19:07   #154
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
"A year ago, I won the Confederations Cup," he added. "It's nothing to do with the coaches. The thing is that we have a very young team. We are not producing enough players, so it's not as simple as another coach coming in to recycle things."

LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
I have to agree a little but with Scolari (eventhough he shouldn't have said it) that Brazil is not producing good players anymore, or to be more accurate, they are not developing them well enough. So you got Fred and Jo as your striker options but I have difficulty thinking of better strikers. Elsewhere there aren't any players you can really rely on other than Oscar and Neymar and both are still not at the required level yet. The way DFB developed German football is a complete contrast with CBF has worked with it's crop of talent. You get the impression that there is no guidance for their careers. What happened to Henrique who was top scorer of the u20 World Cup with Oscar? And then there was a black forward who played with Lucas Piazon for u17, I think his name is Adilson. Both those guys seemed prolific but I haven't heard from them since.
The major problem to me is coaching, not development.

There are Brazilian players on almost every top team in Europe. There is plenty of talent, but finding coaches that can get something out of it has been a struggle that has held Brazil back.

Player selection was a huge part of this past week's embarrassment.

-The defense sucked. Phil left Miranda and Luis off the squad for Henrique and Maxwell. They were a big part of Athletico only allowing 26 goals in La Liga and making it to the CL final.

-No CF. Diego Costa claims that Phil never called him, not even once to get him to play for Brazil. He said Del Bosque called him multiple times and invited him for dinner, ect. Brazil could have had a WC CF if they had actually made a committed pitch to Costa. Costa would have fit them perfectly and drastically improved their attack.

You can go on and on like this.

The "lack of talent" argument is a complete fail to me. Germany is the only team that has more talent at their disposal.

Any team that leaves 2 (or 3 if you include Costa) Athletico starters, 2 Liverpool starters, a Munich starter, multiple PSG players ,etc has plenty of talent.

Signature

Last edited by SpartanMilan; 13-07-2014 at 19:19.
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 19:24   #155
The Man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladro View Post
PSG management must be worried. If this is how luiz performs when hes actually trying hard to defend then what will he look like when he isnt as motivated?
It was pretty obvious that he was to motivated against Germany and Holland. He just focused on running and struggling as much as possible and forgot to think.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 19:27   #156
The Man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
- Totem Poles: Fred and Jo
Fred at least did the best dive in this WC.

The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 05:26   #157
Dawn
Campione d'Mercato

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Alex Teles and Rodrigo Caio are good... I don't see them as future stars or anything though.

Don't really know about the other 3. So far they didn't even break through in their professionals teams
Thanks!

Signature
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote