The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football > 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

View Poll Results: Team to qualify for the final?
Brazil 6 28.57%
Germany 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2014, 08:25   #81
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
I dont think Germany will be over awed by the ocassion or atmosphere. Most of them are UCL finalists and know what pressure is like.
Crucial point.

Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Klose, Podolski, Mertesacker, Low - these guys are world class losers. I doubt any Brazilian crowds or fuckups can prevent them from breaking the record for most consecutive third place trophies in the World Cup.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:25   #82
Dominate
Genius

Fav. Players: RIP Totti

I think its easier to not concede than to score goals

That's why I think these minnow teams are doing well, they are exceptionally organised at the back and have taken their few chances going forward.

I think the Dutch team is set up to play like a minnow team, they would excel at soaking up pressure and hitting on the break like they did against Spain, however when they are the superior team they struggle to make any progress, they have lots of ball but cant do anything with it so it just roams around the back with 5 defenders. The team isn't set up to dominate games and control the ball, its set up to soak up pressure and hit teams on the break. When they played against Costa Rica, they had all the ball because they had the superior players but couldn't do anything with it because of team set up. Why they did so well against Spain and struggled to get through Costa Rica. Spain suited Dutch tactics.

A lot of minnow teams seem to be adopting the defence heavy formation and tactics with exceptional organization. As stated earlier I believe that this is easier to do than to dominate a game. Easier to not concede than score goals. Minnow teams are defending tooth and nail and its working. You also must remember than only a TINY percent of players make it professional, so the skill gap between them cannot be that big, they are the best. Underrate the players that play for a small nation all you want, there is no doubt they can all seriously play ball, anyone who makes it that far has exceptional talent

At least these two teams will come out and really go at each other, I cant see either team just soaking up pressure and waiting for a break. So it should be an even contest with more space for players to work in

Last edited by Dominate; 07-07-2014 at 08:27.
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:31   #83
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
You have to be the best Brazilian fan I've seen in the interwebz to date.
It's pretty obvious Sven is an Argentinean spy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
I think its easier to not concede than to score goals

That's why I think these minnow teams are doing well, they are exceptionally organised at the back and have taken their few chances going forward.

I think the Dutch team is set up to play like a minnow team, they would excel at soaking up pressure and hitting on the break like they did against Spain, however when they are the superior team they struggle to make any progress, they have lots of ball but cant do anything with it so it just roams around the back with 5 defenders. The team isn't set up to dominate games and control the ball, its set up to soak up pressure and hit teams on the break. When they played against Costa Rica, they had all the ball because they had the superior players but couldn't do anything with it because of team set up. Why they did so well against Spain and struggled to get through Costa Rica. Spain suited Dutch tactics.

A lot of minnow teams seem to be adopting the defence heavy formation and tactics with exceptional organization. As stated earlier I believe that this is easier to do than to dominate a game. Easier to not concede than score goals. Minnow teams are defending tooth and nail and its working. You also must remember than only a TINY percent of players make it professional, so the skill gap between them cannot be that big, they are the best. Underrate the players that play for a small nation all you want, there is no doubt they can all seriously play ball, anyone who makes it that far has exceptional talent

At least these two teams will come out and really go at each other, I cant see either team just soaking up pressure and waiting for a break. So it should be an even contest with more space for players to work in

Germany will dominate possession. Brazil will counter quickly. One decent long ball from Luiz will kill them.

Last edited by jammin; 07-07-2014 at 08:36.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 13:52   #84
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminsheva View Post
Crucial point.

Quote:
Eliminated fodder shouldn't be allowed to post. It's the Mafia games all over again. Damn ghosts.

Take your own advice.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 16:00   #85
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Quote:
It's pretty obvious Sven is an Argentinean spy.

Germany will dominate possession. Brazil will counter quickly. One decent long ball from Luiz will kill them.
and neuer will fail.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 16:38   #86
williamp
FODDERabt_H8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
and neuer will fail.
[IMG]http://troll.me/images/james-brown/*****-please.jpg[/IMG]

Signature
tfat = Captain, Leader, Legend.
williamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 16:48   #87
G.Costanza
AKA Costanza

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack

James will be sorely missed.
G.Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 17:54   #88
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
i fear holland.. not germany...
germany and argentina are easy to counter them..

holland we dont know ever how to play against.

we have a average team.. reached top 4.. the job is kinda done.. thats the feeling.
I find that interesting. Netherlands' attack is rather predictable. You know exactly what Robben will do, exactly what van Persie would do.. I would bet on Silva and co to stop Netherlands comfortably if they meet in the final.

Germany and Argentina are both more unpredictable and with more diverse attacking weapons. For both teams, only a part of their attack has fired so far. Potentially they are far far better than Netherlands.

One of those two should win the world cup unless Netherlands beat Argentina and Brazil beat Germany. Then I'd bet on Brazil.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 18:36   #89
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

I'd say all four teams have quality enough to take it and yet a lot of issues for me to not have a definite favorite. Of course Argentina and Brazil have had major loses in the past 3 days that could affect them more. But I won't even dare to write them off.

Germany in terms of depth and overall quality have the best team left. Their defense has been suspect, and Loew tactics kinda makes one scratch their head. Portugal game aside, they haven't look too scary (I dunno, I guess that horrendous free kick vs Algeria took that scary aspect out of Germany). That said the game vs France was pretty much old Germany, to the point, effective, no need to sweat it (France helped a lot in that aspect), this is what you want from them in this matches (I felt last couple of tournaments when Germany went out in semis, they were so naive, that game vs France proved their on it). This is however, their first game against a latinamerican rival, and the home crowd effect is gonna play a role. They'll probably be up against your typical home biased ref.

Then there is Brazil, with Neymar and T.Silva out, they're the underdog in this match up, they can go to the game with a little less pressure cause if someone is to blame it will be Zuñiga. Plus they're not the team that will be to handle the offensive volume, they can play their counter attack game. The problem more than Neymar, is Silva, with Silva on, I would give the edge of this game to Brazil, without him I dont know what to make of their defense (Luiz has done good, but you know he needs a commander next to him, not sure Dante is). It's a huge loss. And then of course its their attack. In these final rounds, you want to have a good pure CF...but oh well, with Luiz and Silva in set pieces it has been enough for them in the past two games.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 18:53   #90
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Overall, Germany is the best team. If Germany had Marco Reus available, they probably would have annihilated every team.

- Brazil? They were poor mostly because of Neymar. Like I said before, Neymar is the most talented player from Brazil but it is everything about him being the superstar and the rest just extras. Just imagine if Felipao had done the same with Rivaldo with what he had done with Oscar in wc2002.
Now, this will be more difficult task for Germany than it looks like. Also, I think that dud Henrique may start over Dante to add surprise but Dante may start as well.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 19:08   #91
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

argentina argentina argentina......win the cup for Di Maria plesss!!
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 19:11   #92
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

I guess I want Holland to win for De Jong.

Can't stand Argentina. They have no players I like.

Brazil have Silva who I like, but I generally dislike/hate everyone else they have.

If Germany win Tfat would make me gouge my own eyes out with his posts.

So we have Holland. Who I don't like and who I feel have performed above their quality, but oh well.

A shame Air Marshall Yepes couldn't lift the cup.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 19:14   #93
Casualista
Monsieur

If reus and gundogan were fit this world cup I would have put my money on germany winning without a coach. Their execution is just superb. No wasted passes or movements. But guys like low, boateng, and random hummels error just gives u the feeling they will go off the deep end in unexpected ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post

If Germany win Tfat would make me gouge my own eyes out with his posts.

About damn time.

Last edited by Casualista; 07-07-2014 at 19:18.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 20:04   #94
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I'm having a hard time thinking Brazil has a shot without Neymar and more importantly, Thiago Silva

But I also cannot write them off at home with that ridiculous crowd edge and ref intimidation.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 20:32   #95
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

12 - 4 h2h record in favour of brazil. Just saying. I hope the dutch win the wc cause de jong and robben play for them. Vamos. As for this game, i prefer to see the germans emerge victorious since silva is out for this tie.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 07-07-2014 at 20:35.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 21:25   #96
littlewing
National Team Player

I think it will be a very boring game. Neymar is out and the rest of Brasil´s attack is basically shit but germany also has problems with scoring goals as well. Özil, Götze and Podolski are usless, Schürrle is good but can´t find the net and Klose is´nt fit enough to play for 90 minutes. Müller can´t do it all by himself.

With Neuer in goal and Lahm, Hummels and Boateng in the backline i´m quite confident that germany won´t concede a goal (except for set-pieces). Höwedes is an issue but Hulk is useless so i don´t expect that to have any effect.
On the other hand Brasil has a great defense as well and guys like Luiz Gustavo and Fernandinho of course, so i guess we will see another 1-0 or 0-1. If not then it´ll go to penalties.
littlewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 21:31   #97
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario

defintely, definitely a brazil victory

i mean..jesus LOL c'mon!!! most obvious thing ever!!!
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 21:41   #98
G.Costanza
AKA Costanza

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack

I don't care who wins as long as they are beat by the team form the other semis, preferably Holland.
G.Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 22:19   #99
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I find that interesting. Netherlands' attack is rather predictable. You know exactly what Robben will do, exactly what van Persie would do.. I would bet on Silva and co to stop Netherlands comfortably if they meet in the final.

Germany and Argentina are both more unpredictable and with more diverse attacking weapons. For both teams, only a part of their attack has fired so far. Potentially they are far far better than Netherlands.

One of those two should win the world cup unless Netherlands beat Argentina and Brazil beat Germany. Then I'd bet on Brazil.
is a matter of style.. not based on individuality.. against holland our individuality doesnt count much.

Signature
Old 07-07-2014, 22:21   #100
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
defintely, definitely a brazil victory

i mean..jesus LOL c'mon!!! most obvious thing ever!!!
see.. congo knows football

Signature