The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I think Elliot's intentions will be clearer after the Kessie saga is over. Losing one of our best players before he has even hit his prime would be an extremely bad sign. We already lost Donnarumma, which was not great but not the end of the world, while on the other hand Hakan was crap and Romagnoli is not a "must renew" as he is not a crucial player so that was/would be ok. but losing Kessie would be a significant clue that they have no intention of bringing Milan back to the top of Europe.

The final verdict will come once Theo, Leao, Bennacer and co. are due for an extension, if they are not payed what they are worth, it will be a final confirmation that Elliot treat us as a Red Bull Milan (without the sales :D). Whether for long term or until a rich buyer comes will remain to be seen.

:star::star:

I?m now starting to believe that the salaries offered to both Donna + Ibra were anomalies as Donna was previously earning 6m so we couldn?t exactly lowball him whereas Ibra brings a wealth of experience and guarantees goals. Also, we never paid a transfer fee for either player. These two anomalies aside, the highest salary MMM have ever given a new signing is 3.5m (Rebic+Giroud) whereas Hakan was offered 4m to renew. Therefore, I?m inclined to believe Kessie?s agent and think that we offered him 4m max which is far too low given his potential and the season he?s just had.

I doubt that MMM will change this policy anytime soon so we can forget about holding onto our most prized assets once the bigger clubs come sniffing around. However, like you say, we?ll know for sure this summer when MMM will be forced to deal with Benny, Theo + Leao?s renewals before cashing in.

cry

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
But but Maldini said :cry::cry::cry:
- This is why I want to see what is truly going to happen when Elliot arent seen as great stewards guiding us back to the top. If pushed do they provide more funding to make our more efficient setup compete with the uber rich, do they sell the club to another uber rich owner and allow Milan to move forward or do they continue the "process" and Maldini walks away.

It's clear Elliot is in it for the money. They're a hedge fund who became accidental club owners because of a loan default. I'm not sure why they're not actively looking for buyers. Inter having wealthier owners will be disastrous for us. Elliot invested around 680 million in the club I believe? A sale for 1 billion Euros will be a very good profit. Sell to Arnault or Saudis or Qataris, doesn't matter. Sell to someone who is willing to invest and take us to the next level. Just being fiscally sound and qualifying for the CL is boring.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But but Maldini said :cry::cry::cry:
- This is why I want to see what is truly going to happen when Elliot arent seen as great stewards guiding us back to the top. If pushed do they provide more funding to make our more efficient setup compete with the uber rich, do they sell the club to another uber rich owner and allow Milan to move forward or do they continue the "process" and Maldini walks away.

If Inter fall apart and Juve continues to decline then Elliot stay in this holding pattern and maybe Milan never actually tries to shoot for the stars. IMHO strength of other clubs will make our current path clearer than their mediocrity.

Merda being bought by Saudis will change nothing for Elliott. They don't aim at trophies. They aim at having a financially stable club + young squad (as valuable as possible) + own/shared stadium. They are quite on track IMO. They need 2-3 more seasons before reaching their goal. If we pick up some trophies on the way, great, if not, they won't shed a tear. Once they reach their goal, they will cash out and leave the club like a fart in a tornado. They will sell to the highest bidder regardless of what his plans for the club are.

Gazidis's words about 'bringing Milan back to top' are pure PR. They simply can't say 'we are here just to earn as much as possible and sell in 2023' cause this will cause riots. Hiring Maldini is a genius move, but changes nothing in their strategy. It's just a way to manipulate the masses. As long as there's a reachable CL spot, they won't change anything. Stay on tight budget and buy young players. If merda are the next richest club in the world and ladri get back to where they were between 2014 and 2018, Elliott won't even bother discussing a strategy change as there would still be 2 spots available for CL.

As much as I love Elliott because they pulled the club out of the shit, there's no way they compete against Saudis. Fighting the Saudis is for someone like Abramovich or Perez, not for a vulture fund.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's clear Elliot is in it for the money. They're a hedge fund who became accidental club owners because of a loan default. I'm not sure why they're not actively looking for buyers. Inter having wealthier owners will be disastrous for us. Elliot invested around 680 million in the club I believe? A sale for 1 billion Euros will be a very good profit. Sell to Arnault or Saudis or Qataris, doesn't matter. Sell to someone who is willing to invest and take us to the next level. Just being fiscally sound and qualifying for the CL is boring.

This isn?t true. It wasn?t accidental. They trapped Li with a loan they knew he wouldn?t repay because they WANTED to own Milan. They saw it as an undervalued asset that they felt they could rebuild and then sell.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dont worry, elliott has good PR in Brk & goodfella.

Huh?

Elliot - or the guys they've hired - have pulled us out of mid-table mediocrity, but I've barely said anything about their long-term plans or ambitions with Milan.
I'm the guy who implied that they're cheaping out in the stadium front.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Huh?

Elliot - or the guys they've hired - have pulled us out of mid-table mediocrity, but I've barely said anything about their long-term plans or ambitions with Milan.
I'm the guy who implied that they're cheaping out in the stadium front.

Cheaping out in what way?

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People on the forums don't seem to understand the implications of the Italian growth decree law on the management's dealings. All the players that were already in Italy before the law have the regular income tax. While those that come to Italy now (have to have lived outside Italy for at least the past 2 years) have the new lower tax.

Because of this it makes sense to replace most of the high earners with with players from outside Italy. 6 million net with the growth decree tax is around 8 million gross, while with regular tax it's around 12 million gross. That's a huge difference!

The 4 million difference is what the yearly amortization on a new 20 mil player would be (20 / 5 year contract = 4 ). Basically buying a player for 20 mil and paying him 6 mil net is financially the same as signing Kessie to a 6 mil contract. And if the club can get a free player like Kamara and pay him 6 mil net then that's a 4 mil / year benefit for the club.

Now Kessie would have around a 40-50 mil market value if there was 2 years left on his contract. But now no team would be willing to pay that amount. Continuity is also important for a team so the best case would be Kessie extending for 5 - 6 mil. But anything much above that doesn't make any sense.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Injury crisis 9 games into the season? Check.
Renewal issues with players again? Check.
Inter about to be bought by the Saudis (MBS)? Check.
Forum already having a meltdown in October over all of this? Check.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cheaping out in what way?

Co-owning the stadium with Inter, funding the project through a loan with a 5% interest rate that will be re-paid with Milan's own income, isn't exactly sacrificial.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:star::star:

I?m now starting to believe that the salaries offered to both Donna + Ibra were anomalies as Donna was previously earning 6m so we couldn?t exactly lowball him whereas Ibra brings a wealth of experience and guarantees goals. Also, we never paid a transfer fee for either player. These two anomalies aside, the highest salary MMM have ever given a new signing is 3.5m (Rebic+Giroud) whereas Hakan was offered 4m to renew. Therefore, I?m inclined to believe Kessie?s agent and think that we offered him 4m max which is far too low given his potential and the season he?s just had.

I doubt that MMM will change this policy anytime soon so we can forget about holding onto our most prized assets once the bigger clubs come sniffing around. However, like you say, we?ll know for sure this summer when MMM will be forced to deal with Benny, Theo + Leao?s renewals before cashing in.

cry

The last few years Milan didn't even have many top /world class players. Only Zlatan and Donnarumma were considered top players. Why would the management offer a top player salary to someone who is just a decent player?

Now Milan have Theo, Tomori, Tonali and Bennacer who have developed into top level players. Kessie's last season was also his first playing at a top level.

Hakan was never a top player and definitely not worth paying more than 4.5 mil. And Brahim Diaz taking over his starting position and doing much better has proved that the management was right.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People on the forums don't seem to understand the implications of the Italian growth decree law on the management's dealings. All the players that were already in Italy before the law have the regular income tax. While those that come to Italy now (have to have lived outside Italy for at least the past 2 years) have the new lower tax.

Because of this it makes sense to replace most of the high earners with with players from outside Italy. 6 million net with the growth decree tax is around 8 million gross, while with regular tax it's around 12 million gross. That's a huge difference!

The 4 million difference is what the yearly amortization on a new 20 mil player would be (20 / 5 year contract = 4 ). Basically buying a player for 20 mil and paying him 6 mil net is financially the same as signing Kessie to a 6 mil contract. And if the club can get a free player like Kamara and pay him 6 mil net then that's a 4 mil / year benefit for the club.

Now Kessie would have around a 40-50 mil market value if there was 2 years left on his contract. But now no team would be willing to pay that amount. Continuity is also important for a team so the best case would be Kessie extending for 5 - 6 mil. But anything much above that doesn't make any sense.

To be precise...
6 m with grown decree is 7.8 m
6 m with regular tax is 11.1 m

That's why I am all in for taking Kamara for peanuts + 2/3 m wages and selling Kessie instead of renewing him at 5-6-7 m.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Meltdown mode is coming sooner than expected. Bunch of pussies

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Maignan surgery successful. Out for at least two months

Fuck

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Adnkronos: Talks over Qatari-led purchase of Milan 'have begun
Yet more reports from Italian news agency Adnkronos have emerged suggesting that a Qatari investment fund are in talks to take over AC Milan.

Reports on Thursday claimed that the state of Qatar have ?accelerated? talks over taking over the Rossoneri, with their representatives ?in talks? to buy the club.

A meeting was apparently scheduled between the fund and Elliott Management, who took the club over a year ago after Yonghong Li defaulted on the repayment of debts.

Now, Adnkronos provide an update on the situation by claiming that their sources have been made aware that ?negotiations have started?.

They state that the first meeting between the Qatari investment fund and representatives of Milan ?took place in Milano at the beginning of the week?.

From the Qatari side, negotiations are apparently being driven by a very high level personality ? not believed to Nasser El-Khelaifi but a person very close to the Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Milan have signed Antonio Mirante as a free agent after reports goalkeeper Mike Maignan will be out of action for at least two months following wrist surgery.

8 weeks! I know we're cheap cant afford ?68 but cant we print a 3d plastic cast for now and have him looked at properly near xmas break

bauerfeind.manuloc_765_315_80.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wudnt put it past gordon to falsify injuries just to get insurance to pay half the wages.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
postpone surgery to win a friendly tournament with NT, miss two months for your new club?

p r o u d y

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
The last few years Milan didn't even have many top /world class players. Only Zlatan and Donnarumma were considered top players. Why would the management offer a top player salary to someone who is just a decent player?

Now Milan have Theo, Tomori, Tonali and Bennacer who have developed into top level players. Kessie's last season was also his first playing at a top level.

Hakan was never a top player and definitely not worth paying more than 4.5 mil. And Brahim Diaz taking over his starting position and doing much better has proved that the management was right.

We?re at risk of losing those players (bar Tonali who?s a die hard Milanista) unless management are prepared to be more flexible re contract renewals and offer competitive rates. IMO both Kessie + Theo deserve 5m which would significantly improve the teams chances of CL qualification for the next few years before selling them for monster capital gains to fund high quality replacements.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Yet more reports from Italian news agency Adnkronos have emerged suggesting that a Qatari investment fund are in talks to take over AC Milan.

Reports on Thursday claimed that the state of Qatar have ?accelerated? talks over taking over the Rossoneri, with their representatives ?in talks? to buy the club.

A meeting was apparently scheduled between the fund and Elliott Management, who took the club over a year ago after Yonghong Li defaulted on the repayment of debts.

Now, Adnkronos provide an update on the situation by claiming that their sources have been made aware that ?negotiations have started?.

They state that the first meeting between the Qatari investment fund and representatives of Milan ?took place in Milano at the beginning of the week?.

From the Qatari side, negotiations are apparently being driven by a very high level personality ? not believed to Nasser El-Khelaifi but a person very close to the Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.

I have read this from time to time. I dont believe until it actually happens

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

If Saudis are going to own 2 clubs, then obviously Qataris will want 2 clubs as well! They can double the chances of winning the CL! Plus Qataris are big in fashion investments. The own Valentino and Balmain. Milan and Paris are the two main fashion capitals. On the other hand industrial Newcastle is the opposite of a fashion capital! Seems the Qataris are a bit smarter!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How Maignan was injured saving Salah?s Liverpool penalty

Shudve just let it in. Lost anyway... now we've lost the man.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
To be precise...
6 m with grown decree is 7.8 m
6 m with regular tax is 11.1 m

That's why I am all in for taking Kamara for peanuts + 2/3 m wages and selling Kessie instead of renewing him at 5-6-7 m.

It took 3-4 seasons for Kessie to develop into a fully fledged monster so who?s to say that Kamara does it quicker if at all? Therefore, it makes more sense to renew Kessie for 5m from both a sporting + financial perspective as we can easily sell him to PSG or the EPL in a few seasons for 50m+ if he reaches his potential whilst achieving our CL objectives in the interim.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We?re at risk of losing those players (bar Tonali who?s a die hard Milanista) unless management are prepared to be more flexible re contract renewals and offer competitive rates. IMO both Kessie + Theo deserve 5m which would significantly improve the teams chances of CL qualification for the next few years before selling them for monster capital gains to fund high quality replacements.

What's the evidence that management isn't being flexible? 4.5 mil for Hakan was a v good offer. as was 7+1 mil for Donnarumma. Theo and Kessie are better players than Hakan. That's why the news is that Kessie is being offered 5-6 mil but his agent wants more. Theo has 2 plus years left on his contract, so 4.5 mil could be enough to extend him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule