The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only comparison between Ancelotti and Guardiola should be between their trophy cabinets.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
118138138_3594579370604506_2667312351292137519_o.jpg

:proud::proud::proud:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Pep did not revolutionize Barca. Rijkaard and Ronaldinho, with the help of Davids turned Barca around.

We are going to pretend Pep took over some destroyed team? Barca were in the semis of the CL the year before, 3rd in La Liga... Jesus Christ. Pep is a great manager, but I can't believe people are going to pretend he did some insane change to Barca.

And Carlo's Milan team was great. But not the greatest Milan team. That was the Milan of the late 80's and early 90's. They were incredible.

Carlo screwed up Deportivo, and Istanbul, okay, but at least he screwed up in final. Pep fucked up in the quarters, constantly, across several teams. Also, 2006 we were better than Barca, that disallowed goal of Sheva was bullshit, so, not going to fault Carlo there.

I mean, Carlo revived Seedorf, invented Pirlo, got the best out of Gattuso, while playing Sheva and Pippo together when everyone said they couldn't play together. He did more inventive things than Pep did.

I just can't believe that Milan fans equate shitting on Milan as synonymous with being objective.
No one is shitting on Carlo.
But Pep is better.
Carlo didnt invent Pirlo , Mazone did.
No one Carlo's Milan was better than the 80's... we are saying Carlo's squad is better than Barca's.
Only final Carlo fucked was Istanbul. Depor wasnt a final & you forgot Dortmund humiliation that wasnt a final either.

Pep was innovative.
He introduced new things that wasnt around ... like Mitchels & Sacchi.
He played with full house technical players with zero DMs coz he didnt need to defend as long as he will keep the ball all the time.
Tiki take took the world by storm & for four years no knew how to stop it & they won 14 cups in four fucking years.
No team dominated europe with such intense for as long , no one.
And i repeat , Acmilan team squad was better than that Barca even when they had Messi.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Oh my :lol::lol:

He came to Barcelona that was in a modern Milan like state as a rookie with 0 games as a professional coach, sold 3 starters and promoted 2 guys from the B team no one ever heard about and went to win the treble in his first season.

His 4 years in Barcelona >>> Carlo's 8 years in Milan
Won twice as much trophies in 4 years less, and his team played better and more enjoyable football. Both teams were stacked

Carlo too never won anything with an underdog team fyi, same as Pep he always managed one of the best 2 teams in the league. After his Bayern disasterclass teams realized he's washed.

He had a top 3 squad in the world in both those situations, going by this logic Jose Mourinho is the greatest coach ever and no one comes even close.

In your previous post you mentioned CL is the only trophy it matters, I'd assume you think the same about the World Cup.
Would you say that Paolo Maldini shouldn't be counted as one of Italy's greats solely because he never won the WC?

Pep didn't go against a referee backed Juve in Serie A, a fact often overlooked when discussing Carlo's Milan.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pep didn't go against a referee backed Juve in Serie A, a fact often overlooked when discussing Carlo's Milan.
We werent even close to compete.
Juve had other teams to worry about like Inter & Roma.
Ref didnt need to fuck us since we were fucked ourselves.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score

Once again, that would've been a valid argument if we were actually contending for Scudetto and were finishing 2nd year after year behind Juve.

We weren't. In those 8 years we finished once 1st, once 2nd, 3 times 3rd, twice 4th and once 5th. Most of the times we weren't even close to the 2nd place, let alone 1st.

[We originally finished 2nd in 2005/6 but I guess we cheated]

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Liverpool - Tottenham
Chelsea - Arsenal

Those were the finalist in UCL and UEL the year in which Pep won 98 points in apparently not the best league in the world.

The year prior when he won 100 points Liverpool were also UCL finalist.

Tell me which league was the best at that moment in your opinion moothra? You can check with your arab buddies.

Why?

UCL is a tournament competition, you only need 13 games to win it. Some coaches trive in such competitions, some do on the long run.

It's not the only trophy that determines how good a coach is ffs

We're talking about 198 points and a GD of over 150 in 2 seasons, do you understand how difficult is that for any coach to achieve?

And yes, Pep failed miserably yesterday I'm not denying that.
One year dominance.

Ok.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Anus is not milan fans. Hes a man city triggered fan.

So what do we say to epl fans?

Fuck you.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Barcelona fan defending peps honor 😆

Rough few days :lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
AC Milan will gather for preseason in just one week, and there seems to be a worrying lack of news regarding potential signings.

As MilanNews notes, the Champions League single game knockout format has shown that it will be important not to underestimate any opponent, which makes the lack of balance in the squad even more alarming.

Kessie and Bennacer have no replacements, apart from perhaps Pobega and Brescianini as well as Krunic who would have to play out of position.

Bonaventura has not yet been replaced and Paqueta seems to be on the fringes, while Rebic will miss the next three Europa League games due to his suspension sustained during his time at Eintracht Frankfurt.

Milan are giving priority to contract renewals, in the hope that they can secure the long-term futures of Donnarumma and Calhanoglu as well as convince Ibrahimovic to stay for another year.

The report adds that incoming market seems far away when it should be the priority, regardless of last-minute opportunities. Milan are hoping to be able to secure a couple of signings around mid-September, so that they can be enlisted for the second league and second round of the Europa League qualifiers, to then complete the squad at the end of the window.

I knew it. Always slacking

Fine As We Are

Last edited:

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pep will go down in history as the greatest coach ever. The guy is still young and in his 13 years he won 30 trophies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pep will go down in history as the greatest coach ever. The guy is still young and in his 13 years he won 30 trophies.

I can see Zidane eclipsing him though, if he can keep winning the league and more CLs with Real or takes on another job and does it. Wouldn't be farfetched to see him at Juve some day tbh.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Messi

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Calciomercato.com are reporting that are preparing the first offer for Bakayoko, who has never hidden his desire to return. There has been no discussion regarding a reduction in salary, but the player sees no issue in agreeing personal terms.

Milan want to try a loan with option to buy deal, just like the one they agreed in 2018-19 when he joined on loan from Chelsea. The basis of the operation would be a €3m paid loan plus an option at high figures, possibly even over €30m.

The dialogues between the parties have begun, Milan will try with this option while Chelsea would prefer the outright sale of the 26-year-old.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Maybe Bennacer can put in a good word for Atal for RB.

with the profiles mentioned for RB ... it seems "Physically imposing, strong" are part of what we are looking for, like Theo ... even though he does have "bite" despite not being the biggest...

he seem technical and skilled enough (more than enough) to be a winger ... now fantasize a tenacious fast winger (Atal) that helps his right back who is also tenacious fast & Strong (Emerson, Dumfries or Aurier) ... in addition to what we already have going on the left...

not suggesting it will happen, it just popped in my mind at your mention of Atal as dream (or nightmare for opponents)

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Any dates for our EL qualifiers & seriea ?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Any dates for our EL qualifiers & seriea ?

EL 2nd qualifier round starts 17 September 2020.

Serie A starts 19 September 2020.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Congo, you really have to stop with this kind of talk. It's not our fault the only contribution you could make to society is to commit suicide.

jTemw6r.gif

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm serious man, it's one thing to be clueless about coaches and another to compare someone to a rape victim. It's despicable.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm serious man, it's one thing to be clueless about coaches and another to compare someone to a rape victim. It's despicable.

pep's reaction after being violated by ac milan 4-0 reminded me of his reaction when he was violated by lyon yesterday

i'm sorry this makes you upset!!! :lol:

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Pep did not revolutionize Barca. Rijkaard and Ronaldinho, with the help of Davids turned Barca around.

We are going to pretend Pep took over some destroyed team? Barca were in the semis of the CL the year before, 3rd in La Liga... Jesus Christ. Pep is a great manager, but I can't believe people are going to pretend he did some insane change to Barca.

And Carlo's Milan team was great. But not the greatest Milan team. That was the Milan of the late 80's and early 90's. They were incredible.

Carlo screwed up Deportivo, and Istanbul, okay, but at least he screwed up in final. Pep fucked up in the quarters, constantly, across several teams. Also, 2006 we were better than Barca, that disallowed goal of Sheva was bullshit, so, not going to fault Carlo there.

I mean, Carlo revived Seedorf, invented Pirlo, got the best out of Gattuso, while playing Sheva and Pippo together when everyone said they couldn't play together. He did more inventive things than Pep did.

I just can't believe that Milan fans equate shitting on Milan as synonymous with being objective.

Another FM fan who think Pep just put 11 players on the field and tiki-taka came from the sky by miracle. :fp:

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pep's reaction after being violated by ac milan 4-0 reminded me of his reaction when he was violated by lyon yesterday

i'm sorry this makes you upset!!! :lol:

No, what made me upset is that you compared that to being a rape victim.

I mean, seriously, is everything OK in your head?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Marcelo Bechler: Messi wants to leave FC Barcelona this summer

Good fucking lord I hope he doesn't go to Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule