The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: What should the new commode name be?
Buy with obligation to loan or something. 24 47.06%
From Mandela to Mugabe? 27 52.94%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-09-2021, 10:06   #9441
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck7 View Post
Great yeah thanks I usually watch games on BT however there?s some sort of shit embargo that they can?t show any non British games before 5.15pm on a Saturday-shit rule that needs looked at
Forgot that rule existed. Charge a ton of money a month and can't even show certain games.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 10:26   #9442
Rossonero81
The Rank Outsider

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, van Basten, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gatusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
I think Saele will actually start scoring quite a few goals this season, starting today.
Saele to score. Saele to become a stud.
Rossonero81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 10:43   #9443
Nevermore
AC Milan Icon

Capone is so bad, why does primavera play without ST?
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 10:53   #9444
Nalim
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Capone is so bad, why does primavera play without ST?
That's just the Milan way it seems
Nalim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 11:06   #9445
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Akbar View Post
I dont know why would any businessman buy a sports club.

All i can think of is a money launder and nothing else
This has been my theory on the ever increasing transfer fees.
ForzaSandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 11:20   #9446
Shiby
Bandwagon hopper

Fav. Players: Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Becks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Sugar state is different.

Qatar is different.
If the playing field would be level it wouldnt matter. But since the rules for chosen clubs are different we have a problem.

Signature

Shiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 11:33   #9447
mALDINI03
Wonderkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSONERI7 View Post
i think that's the only way to send this league back up...people of a different mentality (business & cultural) to force change...
i was saying a while back we need a few more to buy clubs, then the Genoa news dropped...Genoa was exactly the club i had in mind... decent appeal and all to be attractive but seem the owner was just content to be in serie A.

the groundwork for serie A to rise again is being done. silently. it's at phase one, Acquisition of clubs.
hopefully in the next 2-3 years, we get 10-12 clubs in serie A (along with other in lower leagues) owned by people who want to improve this product. so they can federate their power and match or even overpower the Lotitos and Agnellis who i believe have too much influence on how and by who the league is ran (in a stagnant, non progressive manner...regressive even)

Serie A has a plenty of potential but it is the italian 'short sighted' way of doing things that have been restricting their own growth. But at the moment there are definitely positive signs.
mALDINI03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 11:41   #9448
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Not 100% bro, but the point stands.
Money is money ..... majority of it is dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Btw, have you seen Adli in his last game? Mamma mia... killed it
Dp tell.
Tona-Adli can work ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Sugar state is different.

Qatar is different.
True , sugar states cant rape under age girls like B did.

Signature

Last edited by Wild; 25-09-2021 at 11:49.
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 11:47   #9449
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_Sombrero View Post
Yeah Milan was a sugar baby but it only took us 3 years to win a UCL under Berlu and in a much stronger era.

We built different in comparison to PSG and City.
We are not talking results here , we are talking definitions.
Milan , Inter , ManCity , PSG , Chelsea = sugar daddy.

Even back then i used to ask for something close to our current way of thinking.
Always said smart spending is better than having loads of money with an idiot like G in charge.
But Mancity module isnt as stupid as many of you think.
Only reason that they didnt win two CLs already is Pep who is on the other hand the reason why they dominated the league as much.
But they have a great structure & good foundations with youth academy in its core.
PSG on the other hand

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 12:41   #9450
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Was reading Milan twitter and it's really curious how Milan fans are always waiting for a super rich owner who will spend the GDP of a small country in transfer markets and put us back to not care about books or financial restraints like it's possible and it's the divine right of the club. I guess the Berlusconi years left a mark in the club culture but man, it's been so many years of counter exemples now and it seems people learned nothing.

It's even more weird cause there's a very good management in Milan right now proving how key it's to be competent and not just throw money at the club.
Yup.
I've been dreaming about this kind of management, business model and football since the Mondadori fine, and to a lesser extent the Kaka sale.
It's finally here, but people want to throw it all away for another gamble.

Some fans have no interest and therefore also no clue about the business aspect of football. They're the type who'll shout "who cares if he gets 12m net, it's not my money".
We've all been that type if we supported Berlusconi's Milan in the 80s, 90s or 00s. But sooner or later you'll have to adapt and find joy in sustainability, competent management, great scouting. Personally, I'm way over the reckless sugar daddy model. It doesn't appeal to me at all anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz_1803 View Post
No. We should harrash fpp as hard as possible. We only behind madrid for most succesful club ever, we have the right to do so. Tbh this club should ve owned by most rich person in the world.

FFP is not the main obstacle.

Berlusconi and Moratti didn't sell because of FFP.
They were among the owners who pushed for FFP.
Expenses had gone out of hand.
Not even billionaire owners could keep up with the state owned clubs.

But Qatar isn't a safe bet either. They could also lose interest and leave you in the mud. Just ask Malaga fans.

The business and management side of football has evolved. Adapt, or stay in the past.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 12:44   #9451
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!

Sugar daddy's come in all kinds of sizes. Whether that is the City/PSG owner or a midtable team investor. And they all share in common to ruin the market, player valuation, agent fees and other relevant items such as image rights. No one would object to get a nice cash injection into their own club but that is not the point Sven made initially that triggered this discussion. The point is clubs are being more forced each year to comply with (newer) financial regulations. It's a slow but steady change management approach by the UEFA with as final goal to have more market comfort and control. Without it, these sugar daddy's and outlaws will continue coming in higher numbers and create further upset. Like Sven said, we should be quite happy to have taken a good stance on this matter and act within the financial capabilities and sustainable model. Others who did not will suffer in the future.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 12:47   #9452
Nevermore
AC Milan Icon

Maignan, Kalulu, Romagnoli, Tomori, Hernandez, Tonali, Kessie, Saelemaekers, Maldini, Rebic, Giroud.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 12:51   #9453
omer486
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Yup.
I've been dreaming about this kind of management, business model and football since the Mondadori fine, and to a lesser extent the Kaka sale.
It's finally here, but people want to throw it all away for another gamble.

Some fans have no interest and therefore also no clue about the business aspect of football. They're the type who'll shout "who cares if he gets 12m net, it's not my money".
We've all been that type if we supported Berlusconi's Milan in the 80s, 90s or 00s. But sooner or later you'll have to adapt and find joy in sustainability, competent management, great scouting. Personally, I'm way over the reckless sugar daddy model. It doesn't appeal to me at all anymore.

FFP is not the main obstacle.

Berlusconi and Moratti didn't sell because of FFP.
They were among the owners who pushed for FFP.
Expenses had gone out of hand.
Not even billionaire owners could keep up with the state owned clubs.

But Qatar isn't a safe bet either. They could also lose interest and leave you in the mud. Just ask Malaga fans.

The business and management side of football has evolved. Adapt, or stay in the past.

They Qatari guy who owned Malaga FC was a side Sheikh. There are many fringe Royals in the Gulf countries. PSG is directly owned by the government through QSI. They have so much cash that even if they get bored, even then they don't mind losing a few hundred million a year. They rejected 200 mil for Mbappe, who is in the last year of contract, just to have one season to see Messi, Neymar and Mbappe play together.
omer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 12:52   #9454
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Adli, Leao, and Theo on the same side is us begging for someone to try to score from there

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 12:56   #9455
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
That's hilarious, especially as Monchi failed at Roma and is pretty overrated. The man paid 24m for Suso. Perhaps we underrate Massara's role in our growth and maybe pay too much attention to Moncada and Maldini?
The Kjaer signing was his, for sure.
He also seems to be on the same page as Pioli, because they prefer the same kind of football.

I think we're lucky to have heavyweights in different fields who are seemingly able to work together.
Massara is the Moncada of Italy.
Moncada is the Massara of France.
Scaroni is the Gazidis of corporate/political Italy.
Gazidis is the Scaroni of the Anglosphere.

Maldini is more of a manager and captain than director. He's the link between the team and the CEO, the link between the fans and the team, the one who convinces players to sign for Milan. And his opinion is always taken into consideration, of course.

Signature
Old 25-09-2021, 13:04   #9456
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
The Kjaer signing was his, for sure.
He also seems to be on the same page as Pioli, because they prefer the same kind of football.

I think we're lucky to have heavyweights in different fields who are seemingly able to work together.
Massara is the Moncada of Italy.
Moncada is the Massara of France.
Scaroni is the Gazidis of corporate/political Italy.
Gazidis is the Scaroni of the Anglosphere.

Maldini is more of a manager and captain than director. He's the link between the team and the CEO, the link between the fans and the team, the one who convinces players to sign for Milan. And his opinion is always taken into consideration, of course.
I totally agree. I think Maldini is serving as a supplemental coach to the players, as is Ibra.

I think Maldini is growing as well, he seems to have the connections and personality to get deals done. Part of that is his personality but also the gravitas of his persona.

On your earlier point, Berlusconi not taking advantage of Milan's place in increasing the revenues was his mistake. Since Milan has become competitive, the amount of Milan gear I've seen is incredible. That they didn't monetize that, truly, is shocking.

Did Berlusconi try to get a stadium?
Samaldinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 13:13   #9457
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer486 View Post
They Qatari guy who owned Malaga FC was a side Sheikh. There are many fringe Royals in the Gulf countries. PSG is directly owned by the government through QSI. They have so much cash that even if they get bored, even then they don't mind losing a few hundred million a year. They rejected 200 mil for Mbappe, who is in the last year of contract, just to have one season to see Messi, Neymar and Mbappe play together.
The Al Thani guy seemed more pissed off than bored, because of RM, Barca and the Spanish politicians so he decided to not even cover small expenses which he could easily afford.

If Qatar, the state itself, is also pissed off to such an extent, then I won't expect them to even lift a finger to help out the club.

Either way...blegh. Don't want. Hopefully they get banned from football.

Signature
Old 25-09-2021, 13:19   #9458
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
Adli, Leao, and Theo on the same side is us begging for someone to try to score from there

Leao has been very solid defensively, not there yet but he is becoming reliable.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 13:21   #9459
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
The Al Thani guy seemed more pissed off than bored, because of RM, Barca and the Spanish politicians so he decided to not even cover small expenses which he could easily afford.

If Qatar, the state itself, is also pissed off to such an extent, then I won't expect them to even lift a finger to help out the club.

Either way...blegh. Don't want. Hopefully they get banned from football.

After 2022 Qatar will lose every privilege the football bodies provided. They won?t last long after that.

They will be forgotten.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 13:22   #9460
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Atletico look stale. With their first team out there, too.
Samaldinho is online now   Reply With Quote