The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football > UEFA Euro 2016 France

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2016, 06:48   #161
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Oh I checked it up. He went 89 scoring 2 and 51 without scoring. A record that ran for 10+ months. Messi scored two in a single game vs sevilla.

Take the ball away from this clown pls. It's getting embarrassing now. Portugal have been embarrassing since Cristiano has led them after departure of Figo and Deco.

Edit : 57 attempts 0 goal 347 days
A streak that started end of bayern match and was broken finally at eibar

Last edited by Casualista; 24-06-2016 at 06:51.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 06:50   #162
milanicious
AC Milan Icon
 
milanicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Sources for "checked it up" results ?


Signature
milanicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 06:53   #163
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...l-drought.html
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 06:57   #164
milanicious
AC Milan Icon
 
milanicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

I'll have to check the number of FKs in that period later

Speaking of Messi, before this season he scored less than half the FKs Ronaldo scored

Ronaldo had 51 shots in SetPiece situations in 14/15 which includes headers from a FK/Corner, follow up shots and stuff so noway on earth he took 57 direct FKs in that period.


Signature

Last edited by milanicious; 24-06-2016 at 07:01.
milanicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 07:02   #165
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

I think messi has scored more since 2010. So a year after ronaldo joining Madrid. Ronaldo was a great fk taker in Manchester and till 2013 at Madrid . He has sucked hard since the end of Bayern second leg.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 07:08   #166
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
I think messi has scored more since 2010. So a year after ronaldo joining Madrid. Ronaldo was a great fk taker in Manchester and till 2013 at Madrid . He has sucked hard since.
Yep.

I don't know why people deny this.

Nowadays Ronaldo is known as "Mr. Hit The Wall" when it comes to freekicks.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 07:11   #167
milanicious
AC Milan Icon
 
milanicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Ronaldo scored 3 more in that period.


Signature
milanicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 07:13   #168
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Cristiano uses his free kicks to establish and retain dominance over his teammates. It's not about scoring them, it's about being first in the pecking order. Crucial for the Cristiano Ronaldo character.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 07:18   #169
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk
 
Nestafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka, T. Silva. Current AC - Ibra, Calabria, Tonali, Kjaer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolovesjammin View Post
Cristiano uses his free kicks to establish and retain dominance over his teammates. It's not about scoring them, it's about being first in the pecking order. Crucial for the Cristiano Ronaldo character.
He needs to turn face.
Been a heel for far too long.
It's getting stale.


Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 16:02   #170
Raz
AC Milan Icon
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

He is fucking garbage at free kicks. just look at how he takes them. Always hitting it with the top of his foot straight at the center of the ball. That's known as a knuckleball and is very inaccurate, it's basically hoping for the ball to swerve unpredictability and trick the gk. No serious freekick taker ever takes them like that. Serious takers actually aim and curl the ball with precision. I can't believe people are even discussing this. I would love for someone to dig up his fk conversion rate stats for his whole career. I think last calendar year he had the worst conversion rate by far, out of all fk takers in top 5 leagues that took at least 10 direct free kicks. it was like 2 percent. Absolute joke.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 17:42   #171
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvalinho View Post
No serious freekick taker ever takes them like that. Serious takers actually aim and curl the ball with precision.
Except, you know, the one, Juninho.


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 18:28   #172
Raz
AC Milan Icon
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Except, you know, the one, Juninho.
Go and take a close look at how Juninho hits the ball, with what part of the foot and then go see Ronaldo.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 18:38   #173
Sage
Phase 3
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Juninho

GOAT
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 18:42   #174
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Juninho is a one trick pony who's relevancy is comparable to a trivia fact. Certainly not comparable to the greatest goal scorer since Gerd Muller.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 19:50   #175
Raz
AC Milan Icon
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

lol
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 20:16   #176
leaf
voodoo donkey
 
leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvalinho View Post
He is fucking garbage at free kicks. just look at how he takes them. Always hitting it with the top of his foot straight at the center of the ball. That's known as a knuckleball and is very inaccurate, it's basically hoping for the ball to swerve unpredictability and trick the gk. No serious freekick taker ever takes them like that. Serious takers actually aim and curl the ball with precision. I can't believe people are even discussing this. I would love for someone to dig up his fk conversion rate stats for his whole career. I think last calendar year he had the worst conversion rate by far, out of all fk takers in top 5 leagues that took at least 10 direct free kicks. it was like 2 percent. Absolute joke.
Silly post!!!
Conversion rate doesn't mean shit when it comes to free kicks. P!rl0 didn't score one for two fucking years and his reputation never diminished as a "free kick specialist"

I'm pretty sure there's nobody among the active footballers who has scored more.
This article (not sure how credible) has CR7 at 47 and Messi at 26...almost double

Sure Messi is 2.5% more accurate....but fucking 2.5 is a marginal difference.....The big picture is that the MAJORITY of all free kicks by all players, even the greatest MISS

Since CR7 has been in Spain, Messi has scored 13 and CR7 has scored 25...again almost double....I really wish ppl would shut the fuck up about CR7 not being a good free kick taker


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Except, you know, the one, Juninho.

Also P!rl0 said that he copied Juninho's style


Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 20:23   #177
milanicious
AC Milan Icon
 
milanicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Ronaldo : 40

Juninho : 31

Ronaldo is the GOAT.


Signature
milanicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 20:44   #178
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

GG you guys win.

Ronaldo is the best freekick taker of all time and when he misses, it's the ball's fault for not being able to handle his amazing kicks.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 21:24   #179
Raz
AC Milan Icon
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanicious View Post
Ronaldo : 40

Juninho : 31

Ronaldo is the GOAT.
What the fuck you talking about? I know for a fact that Juninho scored 44 for Lyon alone.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 21:30   #180
Raz
AC Milan Icon
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Silly post!!!
Conversion rate doesn't mean shit when it comes to free kicks. P!rl0 didn't score one for two fucking years and his reputation never diminished as a "free kick specialist"

I'm pretty sure there's nobody among the active footballers who has scored more.
This article (not sure how credible) has CR7 at 47 and Messi at 26...almost double

Sure Messi is 2.5% more accurate....but fucking 2.5 is a marginal difference.....The big picture is that the MAJORITY of all free kicks by all players, even the greatest MISS

Since CR7 has been in Spain, Messi has scored 13 and CR7 has scored 25...again almost double....I really wish ppl would shut the fuck up about CR7 not being a good free kick taker




Also P!rl0 said that he copied Juninho's style
Silly moron leaf. Conversion rate means nothing... If Pirlo took the same amount of free kicks as this fraud he would have at least twice as many goals. And I fucking despise Pirlo. And massaro pointed out that during those two years he had to share his free kicks with fucking Becham and Ronaldinho. And I think massaro is a fucking idiot generally. Conversion rate is there to gauge the players ability at free kicks. Last time I checked Ronaldo wasn't even in the top 10 among active players in conversion rate. not even top 20 and I'm talking about active players.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:11.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.