The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 14:48   #19541
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsonoqui View Post
Looks like Ibra and Calha won't make it for Wednesday.
Might be good for us, they've both been quite bad / average. Let's give others a chance.

I really wanna see Hauge CAM, but probably won't gonna happen soon. Pioli seems to not trust Lmeao at CF, so I hope this doesn't mean Rebic CF... even Diaz false-9 sounds better
Old 01-03-2021, 14:50   #19542
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Goodmorning Milanistas

Except congo
Old 01-03-2021, 15:05   #19543
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
Kessie was boss yesterday, I dont know what happens to him in the inter and spezia match.
If he always plays like that, we win for sure.
Kessie was overrun vs Inter & Spezia because the entire squad didnt stand their ground.
Yesterday he didnt need to cover for others & he was a beast.

Signature
Old 01-03-2021, 15:06   #19544
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlusconi View Post
If you ask someone that has never watched any sports who Messi is, they might now know.

You ask them who Michael Jordan is, and they'll say basketball.

Also in regards to just popularity, David Beckham is one of the most famous football players globally. And currently, Cristiano Ronaldo is more popular than any other player.

Maradonna too.. even my aunts know hes a football player
Old 01-03-2021, 15:09   #19545
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossonero1028 View Post
So maybe

GK: G.Donnarumma, Tatarusanu, A.Donnarumma

CB: Romagnoli, Tomori, Kjaer, Gabbia

LB: Theo, ???

RB: Calabria, Kalulu

DM: Bennacer, Kessie, Tonali, ???

AM: Calhanoglu, Otavio

LM: Rebic, Leao

RM: Thauvin, Saelemaekers

CF: Ibrahimovic, ???
Kerkez, Svanberg, Belotti and Mandzukic.

Signature
Old 01-03-2021, 15:11   #19546
bacon d'or
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by albmovi View Post
After 8 years with Milan, im planing to not be a fan of this club anymore, fuck amelia, fuck barbara, fuck seedorf, fuck bonera, fuck kaka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Gonna stop watching Milan, have a nice time with all upcoming losses.

Bye.
7 years later and guy still acts like a child smh

Signature
Old 01-03-2021, 15:16   #19547
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Tomori transfer just shows how smart Maldini&co are. Instead of going for the overhyped kids who'd cost more than they're worth + demand a big wage, they found a gem in a tough situation (benched) and got a good price +loan deal
Old 01-03-2021, 15:28   #19548
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Ibra will miss the next 2-3 weeks due to his injury.

Good luck with your Mandzukic.
Leao will shine.

He slowed down last few weeks but was a beast when Ibra was injured first time around. Let's hope for more of the same.
Old 01-03-2021, 15:31   #19549
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Tomori transfer just shows how smart Maldini&co are. Instead of going for the overhyped kids who'd cost more than they're worth + demand a big wage, they found a gem in a tough situation (benched) and got a good price +loan deal

28 m... thats no peanuts in covid times

But tomori is worth every penny. Hopefully chelsea agrees to some instalments

Question is, will tomori want to stay? Well see
Old 01-03-2021, 15:33   #19550
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
Wrong. They'll say it's that guy from Space Jam if they don't know basketball/sports.
Michael Jordan is in the same tier with Darth Vader and Michael Jackson. Even if you know nothing about anything you have heared of them and would recognize them

Messi I wouldn't dare to say so.

Jordan is up there because he's been the first megastar from sport who really was promotable outside his sport and in a tremendously commercial way. In the 1990s having a sport figure as prominent and popular like him on every McDonald's or Nike or many other adds just wasn't as common as it may be today. Not even with the likes of Maradona or whoever you might think of. That's why he became so famous all over the world even to those who haven't watched one single minute of NBA or even basketball.
Old 01-03-2021, 15:35   #19551
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Wrong. They'll say it's that guy from Space Jam if they don't know basketball/sports.
Good point
Old 01-03-2021, 15:37   #19552
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

I think Hauge should be playing instead of Castillejo every time. samu doesn't really offer anything in my eyes, he runs around a lot thats about it
Old 01-03-2021, 15:42   #19553
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlusconi View Post
I think Hauge should be playing instead of Castillejo every time. samu doesn't really offer anything in my eyes, he runs around a lot thats about it
he's not a right winger

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN

Old 01-03-2021, 15:51   #19554
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
he's not a right winger
Would still rather try him there instead of Samu.
Old 01-03-2021, 15:57   #19555
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Just needs to be more proactive and find an approach against these high press teams we face, when we have a line line and destroy us on the counter.
I don't think high press means what you think it means.
"High" refers to the position of the press, not it's intensity.

Spezia pressed high - Inter did not.
Teams that look for counters aren't pressing us high - they stay in their own half.

At full strength, the team knows how to deal with high press and low blocks.
Problems appear when several key players are missing or off form and we have a new unsynchronized XI every week due to injuries, COVID, suspensions and rotation. The decimated team ends up not having the quality, fitness or cohesion to deal with fitter, well-organized sides regardless of how far up the pitch the opponents press. Liverpool are experiencing similar difficulties, but they may not even make Top 6 this season.

I think Pioli misjudged some players and he could've dealt with the issues more pragmatically. The team needs to reduce risks when they clearly aren't in a state where they can pull off risky moves.
But there are some players that are simply not good enough(Krunic, Meite, Dalot), not ready(Tonali) or poor fits for high press / high line(Leao, Romagnoli).

Signature
Old 01-03-2021, 16:23   #19556
ZBoban
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Michael Jordan is in the same tier with Darth Vader and Michael Jackson. Even if you know nothing about anything you have heared of them and would recognize them

Messi I wouldn't dare to say so.

Jordan is up there because he's been the first megastar from sport who really was promotable outside his sport and in a tremendously commercial way. In the 1990s having a sport figure as prominent and popular like him on every McDonald's or Nike or many other adds just wasn't as common as it may be today. Not even with the likes of Maradona or whoever you might think of. That's why he became so famous all over the world even to those who haven't watched one single minute of NBA or even basketball.
Crazy to look at just a few of his endorsement deals. Coke, McDonald's, Nike, Gatorade...I can't even think of bigger or more global brands than these ones in the 90's.
Old 01-03-2021, 16:25   #19557
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:
Ibra will miss the next 2-3 weeks due to his injury.

Good luck with your Mandzukic.
So you not a Milan fan anymore???

Nice short hiatus - VS mini-vacay
Old 01-03-2021, 16:29   #19558
Pingu
Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
I don't think high press means what you think it means.
"High" refers to the position of the press, not it's intensity.

Spezia pressed high - Inter did not.
Teams that look for counters aren't pressing us high - they stay in their own half.

At full strength, the team knows how to deal with high press and low blocks.
Problems appear when several key players are missing or off form and we have a new unsynchronized XI every week due to injuries, COVID, suspensions and rotation. The decimated team ends up not having the quality, fitness or cohesion to deal with fitter, well-organized sides regardless of how far up the pitch the opponents press. Liverpool are experiencing similar difficulties, but they may not even make Top 6 this season.

I think Pioli misjudged some players and he could've dealt with the issues more pragmatically. The team needs to reduce risks when they clearly aren't in a state where they can pull off risky moves.
But there are some players that are simply not good enough(Krunic, Meite, Dalot), not ready(Tonali) or poor fits for high press / high line(Leao, Romagnoli).
I think my typo maybe ruined what I meant, not "line line" - high line. We push up the pitch with a high line sometimes against a high press (as you've said, they are high up the pitch) and can leave us vulnerable when we lose the ball to it. We get beaten when they press players onto our key carriers i.e. Hakan who wasn't able to contribute much when this occurs. We end up losing the ball, and if we play up the pitch against that press with slow CBs then we just ask for trouble. We had issues against Atalanta and Lille (first game) when pressed and with intensity. It drowns out our play, which yes it certainly isn't helped with all of the injuries and players returning out of form. Problem is, we rarely have that cohesive full strength team to deal with it like they know how, so an alternative is needed. If we look back at the rate of injuries, you can suspect it will not be the end of it, and have to plan accordingly. Can't keep doing the same thing if Spezia can figure us out, and have others do the same.

Agree with your latter point. If you don't have the players with the characteristics needed to pull it off, we need to adapt. Not even a change in formation necessarily but how we dictate play and move the ball.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 01-03-2021, 16:39   #19559
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Imo Messi is not that big a "brand" as he could be because he is frankly quite boring and not that charismatic.

Compare that to Maradona who - despite being a legendary player - I?d say even outgrow his player quality in popularity.
Old 01-03-2021, 16:43   #19560
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario

The answer to this question of global popularity can only be found in the deepest jungle of the most remote areas on the planet....so please let?s either go there and find the answer or let?s talk about another subject
Closed Thread