The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 29-08-2010, 23:44   #2161
Sophie
chiamato Mr X

Fav. Players: everyone always

I don't want him to go
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 23:45   #2162
Esoteric

Why ? We should give Inzaghi a chance, even more Verdi a chance so as Beretta. Come on, what will we make use of them staying if we don't use them actually on the pitch?
Old 29-08-2010, 23:46   #2163
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilak View Post
Ibra is Hunter's replacement
And Berlu said another Champion could be on his way. . Trust in the Gold tie ..
what? when?

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 23:49   #2164
milan1st
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf

ooh i will be very sad if he leaves. i dont know why or how but i have a very strong feeling connection for him

I really wish if he stays, even if he doesnt play, but if someone will come he'll leave for sure because he is TRUE professionalism and wants to play and enjoy every second of football.

He has passion for football. I dont believe he loves us as much as he do love football
milan1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 00:36   #2165
Revolution
Io Ci Credo

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Pato View Post
doesn't make sense ....unless we sign binho

Dinho/Odu/Verdi/Pato--Pato/IbrA--Binho/Pato/Odu/Verdi

or

---Ibra--Pato------
------Cam--------

hunt + Borri out -Cam + Binho in

setuple...my first son's name Adriano Silvio
Pato plays much better on the left, if Dinho's not playing Pato-Zlatan-Odu/Verdi

I'd much rather see Borriello leave than sit out on the bench for a few years. He's not amazing, but he has some talent and could really help some other team. I'd much rather see him playing the game than sitting on the bench. He's still got a few good years in him and he's not too slow, shame to waste it.

Signature
ONORATE I NOSTRI COLORI
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 00:44   #2166
Dwa Milan
Milan Per Sempre

Fav. Players: Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone

If Borri doesn't mind to play as a rotation striker, I would just keep him, Both Ibra and Pato can play with any kind of strikers.. we could use the rotation when the schedule gets tough and should any injuries strikes

Signature
People just want to be entertained, and that's what it is. Truth doesn't matter, because what's entertaining is what people are gonna gravitate towards.
Dwa Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 00:47   #2167
Revolution
Io Ci Credo

Fun Fact: 3 years ago Borriello scored 19 for Genoa while Zlatan only scored 17 for Inter

Signature
ONORATE I NOSTRI COLORI
Old 30-08-2010, 00:49   #2168
fertygo
Battering Striker

Fav. Players: Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.

wrong thread, delete plz

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo
"Right now it would be like betraying my history, my past with the Rossoneri. It's been a short period of time, and I'm still very close to Milan. Now it would be too difficult to work in Italy, maybe in the future but not now."
- 22nd October 2010.
Two months later...
Gattuso : "Evidently the God of money can produce miracles."
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 00:49   #2169
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

19 in serie B?
Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 00:56   #2170
Revolution
Io Ci Credo

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Pato View Post
19 in serie B?
No 07/08 season, Serie A

Signature
ONORATE I NOSTRI COLORI
Old 30-08-2010, 00:58   #2171
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Fun Fact: 3 years ago Borriello scored 19 for Genoa while Zlatan only scored 17 for Inter
miracles do happen.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 01:14   #2172
The Bear
World Cup Winner

We seem to be forgetting that we have a good striker in the squad, a striker who showed a lot of promise early on in his career before fading away; he's one of the most hard-working players we've had in recent years and whilst far from the best, he'll fight for his place in the team to prove everyone wrong. Just like he did with Genoa after failing that drugs test. Such desire and motivation can only be beneficial and you can guarantee that when called upon, he'll give his all.

On the other hand, we have Pippo and a few youth players capable of serving as backup. However, we'll be left with very few attacking options if both Huntelaar and Borriello leave, as we can't rely on Ibra, Pato and Pippo alone. I would, of course, like to see the likes of Verdi and Oduamadi receive game time in order to further develop but frankly, I don't think they're ready yet. Anyway, I wouldn't begrudge Borriello for wanting a move away to play regularly but whatever he decides, I thank him for his professionalism.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 02:23   #2173
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

I'd keep Borriello, hes a very good striker. As a first option from the bench, he is an awesome choice to have. But if he isn't willing to sit on the bench and in his place Milan could have Robinho, I say

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 02:36   #2174
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi

most other players, I'd say STFU, but Borriello's a stand up guy who does a lot of things on the pitch that go unnoticed. I want him to get a chance at 1st team football even if it means going out on loan or being sold.

His goal today wasn't offside; would have been nice to see him get credit for it. And on the Silva goal, it was Borriello who played it to him while getting mugged by 2 defenders.
SouthClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 02:54   #2175
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

he wouldnt accept been benched.. he has plans with NT of italy..

He is having chance on Milan since 2002 or 2003... the guy is about to turn 30yrs..

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 03:01   #2176
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

I say talk him into staying until January and promise him starts in the Coppa games and maybe some serious minutes against bottom table teams, then see who wants a CF in January and send him away on loan. After that we can try to sell him, maybe to Genoa to replace Toni. Get the rights to KPG, Amelia, and youngsters for him

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 04:46   #2177
Fiero

If him leaving means Robinho, then it's ok, he can go. But please not to Juve though... I understand we make friends with their management and shit, but why do we help them out? I enjoy seeing them this way! At least don't sell to the zebras for under €20 million.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 05:20   #2178
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
If him leaving means Robinho, then it's ok, he can go. But please not to Juve though... I understand we make friends with their management and shit, but why do we help them out? I enjoy seeing them this way! At least don't sell to the zebras for under €20 million.
I would not want him in a Zebra shirt either ,not cause his good or anything just dont want him to end up there.But if there management continues the trend to pay stupid amounts for mediocre players,by all means ship his ass to Turin.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 09:43   #2179
Susan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka

Borri is a good striker, not wc, but still he's good enough for Milan imo.
He was playing really much last season and made some awesome goals, but now that Zlatan is here in our team it will be a hard time for him. He knows that and so he's thinking about moving to another team. I understand that Borri wants to play as much as possible, but if he leaves now Milan will be in a bad situation, we would miss a striker. And there's not much transfer time left, so I'm not sure if we would get a replacement this soon. So for now Borri should stay and then he will see how much he will play, we don't know yet how good Ibra will perform in a Milan shirt (hopefully great), so to be on the safer side we should keep him for now at least.
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 09:45   #2180
Dias
DAI DAI DAI

I want to keep Borriello, but he must look out for himself too and if that entails moving to another club seeking more playing minutes than so be it.

I would take Borriello over Robinho.
Dias is offline   Reply With Quote