The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Round 32 and we are 2nd place, grazie Pioli! #PioliIN

Juve, Atalanta and Napoli have better squads and are behind. Atalanta maybe not at the individual level, but they have been building this team/style for many years, so I consider them better set up. Yet, we are ahead.

Pioli deserves and will get 1 more season to truly prove himself. Then we can talk. There are also no 100% better alternatives, so no point in taking a big risk now. Don't tell me about Allegri/Spalleti/Sarri :-)lol:)

Forza, we can do this!

And next year in late April we will be talking again about our chances for top 4 and how 'we can do it', instead of making the leap in quality and actually try to win something. Sounds like a plan

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yes, but still 4 points behind us

3 points. Napoli & Atalanta have a pretty easy remaining schedule. Last CL spot will probably come down to Milan & Juve. Milan's form since January has been terrible so things aren't looking good.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do you think the contract might cause us problem?

Who knows. Perez seems insistent that he's going to do something. Milan is one of the teams in most desperate need to be involved in something like what they proposed, probably along with Juve and Barca, coincidentally the only teams left hat haven't 'officially' declared they were leaving. Inter need it, but they probably don't want to commit to anything that can scare away any potential buyers of the club.

If the whole argument against the ESL was that teams shouldn't be guaranteed a place in the top continental competition, then there should be more outrage at the new rule by UEFA about the team with the highest coefficient being guaranteed entry. Right now the 9 of the top 12 teams in the coefficient list are ESL founders. If a team doesn't get in from those, they'll still get in because why not, they need the money.

I don't think they'll try anything again, the path now is to reform UEFA and the CL, or start getting genuine movement towards developing a primary European continental league that can compete with the PL. Barca and Real have very few games in the domestic calendar that are appealing. Same for PSG and Bayern. I can see an argument where all the non English EU leagues decide that their domestic leagues need to be combined at the top into a single European League, where all the top teams battle it out in a league on a weekend, with no guaranteed qualification and every team can get relegated back to their domestic league. If there is still a desire from the likes of Juve and Real, and if the PL looks like it's not going to slow down and will keep growing and taking over everything, then this might be the best option left. It won't even be a breakaway league or anything, it'll be like what the PL did when it started. Combine all the best European teams, brand it as an EU tournament. Domestic cups can have much value since they'll be the only opportunity for small or mid sized teams to compete with the giants in their country, so there's still the opportunity for fairytale stories there.

As you can tell the ESL thing really made me imagine how the football world can change and what options are available. A league with all the top EU clubs would be very appealing and can overshadow the PL very quickly.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we finish ahead if we end up with same points so virtually 4 points lead

3.5. We had this argument last year, we agreed the best way to think about head-to-head is to give it half a point.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we finish ahead if we end up with same points so virtually 4 points lead

This is meaningful only if the tie exists between just Napoli and us. If Atalanta, Napoli and we end up with the same points, we could be screwed. Very likely we will be the last of three. (Napoli 4-1 Atalanta; Atalanta 4-2 Napoli; Napoli 1-3 Milan; Milan 0-1 Napoli; Milan 0-3 Atalanta; Atalanta ?:? Milan on Week 38).

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
3.5. We had this argument last year, we agreed the best way to think about head-to-head is to give it half a point.

I'm only going to worry about head to head with Napoli if Milan are 3 points up going into the final week. There's still 18 points up for grabs. I doubt it's going to come down to it though.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I think we will finish fourth ahead of Juve with Pirlo making a shameful history sabotaging Juve.

And a question about the SP.
Teams that backed off did it after giving their ok ?
How the fuck they changed their mind collectively & so quickly ?

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we will finish fourth ahead of Juve with Pirlo making a shameful history sabotaging Juve.

Looking at Milan's last 6 games I'm guessing they get somewhere around 10 points unless their form starts to pick up. Will that be enough? Who knows. Not only do we play Lazio, Juve & Atalanta, we also have to play the clubs fighting for survival which won't be easy at all.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
You think it's healthy for a person feeling depression to put themselves in the position that's likely to exacerbate their depression? You think that's fine thing to perpetuate? Cut the snake at its head.

Want to feel depressed less often and work towards not being depressed? Stop being around the things that exacerbate it. Train your mind to think differently and not continually fall into the same trap like putting your whole days mental state in the hands of 11 players on a football pitch.
No, I dont think its healthy. Not even for myself. Like I said after the loss I went for a walk, avoided the forums and the news, smoked a joint, etc.

But I don?t go on here and shame people for the way they feel. Either try to empathize or let them cook. People come on here to connect with others about something they have no infuence over. I?m not saying you were wrong, the question is were you helpful? Be kind, you have no idea what that person is going through.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
We need to stay unbeaten against Juve, Lazio and Atalanta. Three draws, and three wins. Seems very unlikely. But greatest scenario would be to defeat fucking Atalanta in the last game, were we go to CL, and they end up fifth :lol:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
We need to stay unbeaten against Juve, Lazio and Atalanta. Three draws, and three wins. Seems very unlikely. But greatest scenario would be to defeat fucking Atalanta in the last game, were we go to CL, and they end up fifth :lol:

Would love that but it seems they have our number.

Napoli 3 - Lazio 0
- see what you do when you have quality...you take your damn chances

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is meaningful only if the tie exists between just Napoli and us. If Atalanta, Napoli and we end up with the same points, we could be screwed. Very likely we will be the last of three. (Napoli 4-1 Atalanta; Atalanta 4-2 Napoli; Napoli 1-3 Milan; Milan 0-1 Napoli; Milan 0-3 Atalanta; Atalanta ?:? Milan on Week 38).

How does a three way tie work out? How does it get calculated?

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Looking at Milan's last 6 games I'm guessing they get somewhere around 10 points unless their form starts to pick up. Will that be enough? Who knows. Not only do we play Lazio, Juve & Atalanta, we also have to play the clubs fighting for survival which won't be easy at all.
Ya that's too many tough matchups for this squad. Atalanta is on fire right now, they will make it for sure. As bad as Juve is playing I cannot see them missing out on top 4. That only leaves Napoli to somehow have a meltdown, which is also unlikely.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
No, I dont think its healthy. Not even for myself. Like I said after the loss I went for a walk, avoided the forums and the news, smoked a joint, etc.

But I don?t go on here and shame people for the way they feel. Either try to empathize or let them cook. People come on here to connect with others about something they have no infuence over. I?m not saying you were wrong, the question is were you helpful? Be kind, you have no idea what that person is going through.

"something they have no infuence over."

Exactly, so there's no reason to become upset if it's out of your control.

I empathize far more than you know or what appears. I'm just not going to pat you on the back and say poor baby because you put yourself in the position to provoke your bad feelings. And this what what a lot of people do here. And if they do it here it's reasonable to suggest they do it outside the forum as well.

It's good you have a way to release afterwards, but if you don't confront the issue before it happens you'll never come to a solution where you no longer feel depressed. Will yourself to think differently and you won't have to go on a walk and smoke a joint to feel better about it. You'll enjoy doing so in complete self content.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

As long as Ibra plays most of those games we're fine. Without him we're just lost up front.

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score

This or Inter beating Jube on the last day and we qualify. Lol

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lol we need ibra. That 6 mill is not only for the player on the field. We need his mentality around the club other wise we will go back to being 8th instead of 2nd lol

If this is true that we have to pay 7.5 million to a perpetually injured player or we would be 8, why do we have a top 4 squad wage and value wise? It means we are misappropriating our funds wage wise and we have a very bad coach

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
if we fail to make CL it's on pioli

idiot loves his sons krunic, meite, samu too much. such shitty players

Paolo should feel some responsibility too for signing these shit cunts

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Play Six Finals for the love of God. WIN THEM ALL.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
How does a three way tie work out? How does it get calculated?

just the same usual way. first the points earned from all four games, then if necessary, add all scores up and calculate the GD. That's why if we end up with the same points with Atalanta and Napoli (or Juventus), we could be in trouble.

Until 1990s, playoffs were used to break ties. But in the case of breaking a 3-way tie involving two relegation spots, H2H was applied first to eliminate one team from the mix (using the same method above described), then the remaining two would have a playoff. There was a different rule for ties involving more than 3 teams, but I can't remember exactly the details. Since then, Italy has greatly simplified the rule, and it is all just H2H.

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
EzmeMkfWEAMO7ZH

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Bennacer, Theo - I hope we will have them for all games that comes. Calabria also on right, Hakan and Rebic to shine...just six games lads, you can do it :proud: :proud: :proud:
It's us or Napoli I think

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wtf, Napoli 5 - Lazio 2...Napoli is scary man...

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
OFFICIAL: Milan have extended the contract of Zlatan Ibrahimovic for one year

Yay! More games to miss!

And then u have some commoders questioning the salary dollaruma is asking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule