Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Leicester would be the only one to me.

Atletico had a great season when they won, but were already an established team. They won 2 ELs in a few seasons prior to that, just unlucky to be a league with a Barca and Real team like they had seemingly until this season that were both worldbeaters. Atletico have always been the 3rd top team and challenged at times throughout the decade. Not really a weak team.

Same with Monaco in Ligue 1. They had a stacked team, they beat a dominant PSG to the title but were still a top team from the year after they promoted. Always top 3 team. Of course they then sold of their best talents - many of them - and struggled.

Serie A and Bundes have been one-team leagues for a while in terms of who ultimately won. This season for Serie A looks to be different perhaps though. I wouldn't say we're a "weaker" team though, after what we showed in the latter half of 19/20 season, we showed we are a strong team. And, Inter are Inter who built a team for winning Scudetto so of course they are a threat to Juventus too. And, if you compare our starting XI to any team in the league, you can possibly say we are as strong as those two in most areas, just our depth is an issue still.

We aren't a Leicester team who came from promotion and then against all odds won the league with a ragtag group of nobodies really.
But Atletico didnt have a better squad than Real nor Barca but as a team they were better which was my initial point.
Our squad isnt better than Inter or Juve or else how do you consider majority of us saying we are overachieving?
However as a team we played on par with them because of Pioli's approach & majority of our players gearing up.

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How the fuck can Koeman smile & joke after such defeat?!!!!!

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
There is a lot of hype with our players. I work with young people (18-21) with my local community, and we talk about sports, and they know about our players, I'm actually shocked. They talk about Donna, Theo, Kessie, Bennacer, Hakan, Leao, and a lot of EPL fans (particularly Chelsea fans?) really rate Romagnoli.

I told them that the biggest flaw for Romagnoli, and the thing that will probably prevent him from becoming an elite level CB (unless he can get experienced enough during his time with us) is that he lacks pace. Like, he's so slow, it is astonishing for me, personally. Especially as one of them went to FIFA stats to tell me that I was exaggerating how slow Romagnoli was. EPL fans, they're young, I'm slowly showing them the truth of Serie A, lol.

I do enjoy rubbing Tomori in the Chelsea fans' faces. I really think he's special, but, yeah, our team has hype. As it should.

i have had a similar discussion online with a few Chelsea fans when we got Tomori...

they were saying things like "he'll be learning playing next to a great defender like Romagnoli"...which is partly true, he'll learn something for sure, but...

they still have the perception of Romagnoli of 3-5 years ago, when we all saw the qualities and anticipated greatness, when the name was among the best young CB in the game.

they don't follow anything other than their league so haven't updated that perception by seeing the very little progress he made...
his qualities are there but the flaws are so big they almost negate the good.
that lack of any kind of pace + playing reactionary defense outweigh his capacity to intercept, read, head.

in today's game the last outfield position where players can get away with lack of speed is midfield...and for that he'd have to have great passing, vision, and speed of execution....and maybe a very strong CF...
all other positions, if you're slow you're doomed

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
It seems we're gonna deploy Mandzukic as ST, and behind him Rebic, Krunic, Samu. For Crvena Zvezda ofc. I like that, we would rest our most important players. In midfield we may see Meite and Tonali.
Zvezda would play with 120% of their capabilities, but stadium will be empty, so that's good.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who gifted gifted the ball to Mane?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It seems we're gonna deploy Mandzukic as ST, and behind him Rebic, Krunic, Samu. For Crvena Zvezda ofc. I like that, we would rest our most important players. In midfield we may see Meite and Tonali.
Zvezda would play with 120% of their capabilities, but stadium will be empty, so that's good.

Hoping its true. Last thing we want to get better players injured against fkin red star. Roma and merda ee more important.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Can we try
Ibra
Rebic-Hakan-Leao/Mandzu for the derby or is everyone scared of those 2 on RW?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can we try
Ibra
Rebic-Hakan-Leao/Mandzu for the derby or is everyone scared of those 2 on RW?

I?d rather watch the Spezia match replay than watch Ibra and Mandzukic on the pitch together with the latter on the wing or really anywhere frankly.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Considering how Salad/Samu have been playing lately, I would try Calabria at RW in a less risky game. He can provide some good crosses and we'd have Ibra/Rebic/Theo on the other side waiting to finish them off.

Wild idea, but when nothing else is working... and Kalulu would be good enough for RB.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
During training an 11 against 11 took place.

The first team had Le?o, Hakan, Saelemaekers & Ibra as an offensive quartet, the second had Rebic, Krunic, Castillejo & Mandzukic.

The 2nd team could start against Belgrade, the 1st against Inter.

[@SkySport ]

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
EuWny0MXAAIbzU3.jpg

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
It says: With my idol

Btw, Moise Kean plays really well, and I was against his transfer to Milan :fp:
He even plays well on RW

You have to listen my bro.

He was available on loan, CF & RW, 16 goals this season in all competitions, only 20 yo.

643AF6DA-59F9-46B1-BCCC-E6361993561F.jpg

Last edited:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
yeah cause will be=is. Vulture you have your points sometimes, but stop being so cheap, its just ridiculous , all the garbage arguments you can come up with just to make yourself look like an expert.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
And suddenly Kean is a god now and so is Loserino, just cause Barca is a shipwreck of a club atm and chronically shitty in defense. When Pique is your main guy, that's very telling..

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i have had a similar discussion online with a few Chelsea fans when we got Tomori...

they were saying things like "he'll be learning playing next to a great defender like Romagnoli"...which is partly true, he'll learn something for sure, but...

they still have the perception of Romagnoli of 3-5 years ago, when we all saw the qualities and anticipated greatness, when the name was among the best young CB in the game.

they don't follow anything other than their league so haven't updated that perception by seeing the very little progress he made...
his qualities are there but the flaws are so big they almost negate the good.
that lack of any kind of pace + playing reactionary defense outweigh his capacity to intercept, read, head.

in today's game the last outfield position where players can get away with lack of speed is midfield...and for that he'd have to have great passing, vision, and speed of execution....and maybe a very strong CF...
all other positions, if you're slow you're doomed

Romagnoli has been struggling with recurring injuries. Give the guy a break, he can return to being a top defender

During training an 11 against 11 took place.

The first team had Le?o, Hakan, Saelemaekers & Ibra as an offensive quartet, the second had Rebic, Krunic, Castillejo & Mandzukic.

The 2nd team could start against Belgrade, the 1st against Inter.

[@SkySport ]
This excites me

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Romagnoli has been struggling with recurring injuries. Give the guy a break, he can return to being a top defender

This excites me

One cant return to something he never was tho

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

This excites me

Is romagnoli the new montolivo?

Every time he gets injured the legend of his playing capabilities start to grow. He is a humongously error prone defender who can't even break into the national team and not even the 5 best cbs in his own the city.

Every facet of his game from positioning to tackling and organisations to captaincy is utterly uninspiring.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Harry Kane to lead the line with Ibra transitioning out, Surely he's ready to win trophies with an up and coming team.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Yeah but he is already here, he is the captain and he is starting whenever he is fit. All this bitching needs to cool down a bit, if he is sold for a good sum then great, if he wants to stay and improve, even better.. you got to give players the benefit of the doubt sometimes. He is one of the oldest players in this team and his development has a lot to do with how Milan developed as a club recently. I prefer to keep him, he is not bad!

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

What??? He had an injury at the end of last season and has been back playing since October

Yeah but he is already here, he is the captain and he is starting whenever he is fit. All this bitching needs to cool down a bit, if he is sold for a good sum then great, if he wants to stay and improve, even better.. you got to give players the benefit of the doubt sometimes. He is one of the oldest players in this team and his development has a lot to do with how Milan developed as a club recently. I prefer to keep him, he is not bad!

This maybe the problem. If it was open competition for the spot maybe he would improve sooner / more.

Also, do we give Gigio the benefit of the doubt when he is performing like a top player, makes sure the narrative being put out is that he wants to stay and has Maldini and the like vouch for him being a leader in the group. Romagnoli has rightly come under scrutiny and how he handles it will show all his true worth.

Last edited:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
We can try Hakan-Leao-Saele.

pushing Hakan out wide where he was invisible for most of his career when player there so Leao can play cam :fp:

why dont we play Kjaer at rb while we're at it so Tomori can be given a chance in the first 11? :fp:

Status
Not open for further replies.