Week 1: Sampdoria vs Milan 23/08/2021 20:45 CEST

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
diaz - hit or miss today, but when on looked very dangerous, there is definitely strong potential to develop to a quality am

tomori/kjaer - solid start to the season, confident

maignan - guy is and will be excellent, he's driven and we won't miss donnarumma much at all if maignan stays consistent. love his mindset

tonali - so nice to see him look quality even with our Lord next to him today, he delivers by far the best dead ball on the team, just needs time so hopefully pioli plays him more, guy will become world class, just be patient.

calabria - excellent, balanced, lead well as captain, best RB in serie A

leao - much better at LW, hoping he doesn't go missing after a few games like last season

saele/giroud/krunic - didn't play well today, giroud however was very active and was still important.

Last edited:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So Pioli has been training a tactical variation with a 3 man defense. I didn't read about that anywhere but clearly we will see that sometimes this season.

Also, he sent quite the big message to Maldini here about Samu by using Florenzi who didn't even train with the team instead of him.

he didn't send any messages. like you said, florenzi sub was just to setup for 3 man backline later on.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
diaz - hit or miss today, but when on looked very dangerous, there is definitely strong potential to develop to a quality am

tomori/kjaer - solid start to the season, confident

maignan - guy is and will be excellent, he's driven and we won't miss donnarumma much at all if maignan stays consistent. love his mindset

tonali - so nice to see him look quality even with our Lord next to him today, he delivers by far the best dead ball on the team, just needs time so hopefully pioli plays him more, guy will become world class, just be patient.

calabria - excellent, balanced, lead well as captain, best RB in serie A

leao - much better at LW, hoping he doesn't go missing after a few games like last season

saele/giroud/krunic - didn't play well today, giroud however was very active and was still important.

Salad was industrious if limited in ability going forward. Krunic was all hussle and conservative today. Nothing too much to nitpick.
Giroud didn?t have the greatest of service but his positional sense and physicality pinned back the opponents centerbacks for most of the game.

Only dud for me today was Theo… still maybe has to lose a couple pounds of pre season pudding

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Yeah, I've no idea why the hell he sent that pass behing Saele in the counter.
It was insane that i was between laughing & crying.
I can handle & accept those as long as he is fulfilling his main duty as you said.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We should have won by more if Krunic and Giroud had finished their chances. We could have drawn but thankfully dug in for the win.

Maignan was excellent and will only get better. Defensively we were excellent bar Theo. He had a poor game and luckily did not cost us the win.

Forza Milan!

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Theo was incredibly bad yesterday

Tonali was so much better when Bennacer came in

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I genuinely fail to see what people see in Salad. Sure he hussles, but what exactly does he provide in attack?

There was a couple of situations in the game where he had a chance to take his man or take the shot but instead opts for the pass and loses the ball. I mean, him starting is one of the main reasons why we are so unbalanced and reliant on our left side.

I dont give a shit what he does in defense and for the press. A good RW should be able to manage both attack and defense. But I guess our expectations are so low (especially considering who we have for backup) that we are just satisified that he gets somethi g right atleast.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Because nobody else hustles man. Nobody.

Idd he is the only hustler in the team. Thats already more than enough of a threat.
I really find it strange how he scored that one goal last year.
If he doesnt improve, he should gtfo, but this season it will be between Salad and Florenzi, so it seems.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
We're extremely efficient at seeing games out. If I'm not mistaken, the only late goal we've conceded while leading by one was Pioli's first game in charge - Milan 2-2 Lecce.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
I genuinely fail to see what people see in Salad. Sure he hussles, but what exactly does he provide in attack?

There was a couple of situations in the game where he had a chance to take his man or take the shot but instead opts for the pass and loses the ball. I mean, him starting is one of the main reasons why we are so unbalanced and reliant on our left side.

I dont give a shit what he does in defense and for the press. A good RW should be able to manage both attack and defense. But I guess our expectations are so low (especially considering who we have for backup) that we are just satisified that he gets somethi g right atleast.

he is my favourite hustler. i needed a new 1 after borini left. but in my opinion he has a great potential.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

people believe he will learn how to win 1on1 and shot better because he is just 22
he may be a bit better with time, for sure, but some players have skills like that and some just not

for me, usually you can see in 18-19yo players what they will become (strong and weak sides)

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Did Kessie, Rebic, Tomori and Calabria just take a break?

Kessie didnt play yesterday, Rebic started benched.
Tomori and Calabria shouldnt hussle across the midfield line.

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
I had to rewatch the match twice before commenting as I am very puzzled by peoples lack of reaction by how good Sampdoria looked going forward, we were extremely lucky to not concede and at periods during the match Sampdoria appeared to be the dominant team.
Godforbid who we get in the champions league draw.

Need the defence to become more combact and I think a midfield 3 would work better for us. Getting another CM & CAM should be a priority.Salae should not be starting period.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
really boring game, going to be a long season with this attack, and seriously without AM and RW we are not going to make it in the top 4.

theo was our worst player, I hope this is his sneaky idea to tell PSG to fuck off because he really sucked.

only good players are Mike, kjar, Tomori , calabria , diaz and you can add krunic considering the expectations from him.

the rest just meh.

biggest loser :star:

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
really boring game, going to be a long season with this attack, and seriously without AM and RW we are not going to make it in the top 4.

theo was our worst player, I hope this is his sneaky idea to tell PSG to fuck off because he really sucked.

only good players are Mike, kjar, Tomori , calabria , diaz and you can add krunic considering the expectations from him.

the rest just meh.

Hahaha. You know Diaz played am right

Schedule