Week 38: Atalanta vs Milan 23/05/2021 18:00 CEST

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I appreciate it leaf but I intend on keeping my end of the wager, its up to them if they want to or not with no malice against if they choose not to.

giphy.gif

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
What if Milan draws and so does Juve?

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Permabans lol? Bunch of dumb fools

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What if Milan draws and so does Juve?

We dont care about other results.

Milan wins Raz and me are out

Milan looses Tantalis is out.

A draw....we all get the boot.

So its just Milan vs Atalanta

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
We dont care about other results.

Milan wins Raz and me are out

Milan looses Tantalis is out.

A draw....we all get the boot.

So its just Milan vs Atalanta

my guess is you all are kind of tired of the forum and need some excuse to stay away since without a permban you won't be able to.

whatever it is, keep it out of my match thread. POSITIVITY ONLY

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
my guess is you all are kind of tired of the forum and need some excuse to stay away since without a permban you won't be able to.

whatever it is, keep it out of my match thread. POSITIVITY ONLY

Whats negative about it?

Relax....

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Thenebra joined just 4 years ago. so he can leave if he wants
giphy.gif

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I appreciate it leaf but I intend on keeping my end of the wager, its up to them if they want to or not with no malice against if they choose not to.

It's almost like you're trying to get us all to accept that you're a tough guy. We get it, you're actually Vegeta. Now just calm down and act normal ffs :rolleyes:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Thenebra should stay.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
It's almost like you're trying to get us all to accept that you're a tough guy. We get it, you're actually Vegeta. Now just calm down and act normal ffs :rolleyes:

This is my normal. Why worry about what others think when majority of them already expressed that they think it's an act? There's no point to be concerned about how I'm viewed here.

I like being disliked by the people that think we will lose.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Can everybody just stop being a fucking idiot.

It is the last game of the season. Hope that Milan wins and if it doesn't, that other results go our way, and go get on with your fucking life.

It is honestly becoming an unpleasant experience to read through the forum nowadays, after losses mainly.

We can win 30 matches in a row and if we lose 1 after that, I avoid this forum like the plague.

Get fucking over it for gods sake. You'll be here next season, as will we, supporting the same club.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

It is the last game of the season. Hope that Milan wins and if it doesn't, that other results go our way, and go get on with your fucking life.

It is honestly becoming an unpleasant experience to read through the forum nowadays, after losses mainly.

We can win 30 matches in a row and if we lose 1 after that, I avoid this forum like the plague.

Get fucking over it for gods sake. You'll be here next season, as will we, supporting the same club.

Exactly.
And fuck me....say we do lose...say it all goes south...will you not fucking watch the UEFA EL matches? :conf:

I remember Lord Andre Silva giving me a lot to cheer about in the EL :love:

Everyone needs to calm the fuck down and grow up.

Plus

This place will be HILARIOUS (in retrospect) if we lose :lol:
Our collective meltdowns would be mmmm sumptuous :D

e.g.

Me: Wow really glad we didn't get a proper striker like Andre Silva...turned out great :thumbsup::cool:

Kuja: fuck off dru....I pray for Allegri though

Tantalis: I'm absolutely not phased in the slightest by this monumental tragedy

Qaas: *out of context gif*

Mr. Milanista : wishes death of Milan Atalanta referee

Necro: Yay Juve in the CL

Wild: Fuck that stupid fucking bald fuck.

Congo: * Random Hyperbolic nonsense/ Threats of terrorism*

Jivara: This is what happens with Jewish Ownership

Jenny: Don't worry guys I'll fix everything

mrki: Fuck Leao

etc

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I’m considering to not watch it. Another 90 minutes of hell?!
After Cagliari I felt 12 years older.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

this man gets it

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Exactly.
And fuck me....say we do lose...say it all goes south...will you not fucking watch the UEFA EL matches? :conf:

Plus

e.g.

Me: Wow really glad we didn't get a proper striker like Andre Silva...turned out great :thumbsup::cool:

Jenny: Don't worry guys I'll pay to fix everything

etc

Very accurate quotes though I made a subtle change. See if you can find it ;)

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Exactly.

Plus

e.g.

etc
you forgot

albimovi: I need to take a break from this shit club, calabria is trash fake project, #pioliout, ahahaha, goodbye.

Fusiproe: *random shitty formation for next season*

beegees: StAy PoSiTivE GuYs, MiLaN wIlL plAy iN EL nExT SeAsOn!

vb9: *pic of godfather "feck off club"*

MilanMB: *usual beta simp shit*

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Exactly.

Plus

e.g.

etc

I'm not in this.

:head::head::head::head:

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
Despite my hate for the man, we are dependent on Hakan having a good game - both defensively and offensively. If he can pack his nerves away and prove - not only to us AC Milan fans but also for football fans worldwide - that he is a quality player, he needs to show this NOW.

I can't wait for this game, and since everyone has written us off and we most likely have to win - we have nothing to lose in this game. We lost everything at Cagliari, and in this game, we can win everything back. This is when we are most dangerous apparently.

Even if Atlanta are poor at defending, we are are poor at attacking 😄, Hakan : I respect your opinion but 've never
Been impressed, he is too slow, lacking of technique and drilling skills, bad at making good decision, always shooting instead of being collective

When I see the final coppa, il scared of Atalanta they play a very fast and accurate game, what a collectif 😲, they ha e a good benc ILLICIC - Muriel - Pasalic - Gomez.. Etc

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Decent text on SempreMilan:

AC Milan are standing on the precipice again, just as they did two years ago, once more facing a ‘Judgement Day’ that will have huge ramifications on and off the pitch.

If everything had gone to plan, the trip to Bergamo this upcoming weekend would have been nothing more than a courteous exercise; a game for fun and festivities as opposed to the drama and fraught nerves that have gripped the fanbase since last Sunday.

Time and time again we have highlighted that this team may not have taken the definitive psychological leap needed to compete for trophies, but the 0-0 draw against an already-safe Cagliari throws up plenty of questions too about the progress the squad have made this season and indeed te ability of Stefano Pioli to lead a wounded ship through choppy waters.

We have highlighted the major flaws from Milan’s game on Sunday in our tactical analysis, but if you have seen the analyses of the dropped points against Udinese and Sampdoria, then you have already read the Cagliari reflection too. A critical inability to provide even one creative spark to unlock a team sitting deep with a low block has resulted in a lot of dropped points this season. Without Ibrahimovic, if the other team sits in then Milan find it very hard not only to play their way, but to even score a goal.

In that respect then, there is plenty to improve and any lessons that have been learned from previous failings are not substantial enough to cover what has been a dismal record at home this season. Only Crotone, Genoa and Benevento have left San Siro empty-handed in 2021, while a points return at home of 30 from 19 games is worse than 2014-15, when the team finished 10th.

Away from home things are a different story, as Milan lead the league in points accrued on the road and that is something that the team should not only be very proud of but should use to channel some inner confidence and belief ahead of Sunday’s game. All eyes, though, should be firmly on Pioli.

Based on most major sources, be can safely deduce that Milan will stick by Pioli for next season too. The Emilian coach can look back at his work so far and see a lot of merit in improving the value of the collective and also making individuals better players, however a crossroads is fast approaching for him too.

Quite simply put, the game on Sunday night is a do or die situation for the Rossoneri. The signs are not particularly good: Pioli has been outcoached by Gasperini two out of three games since arriving at Milan, resulting in two defeats with an 8-0 aggregate score. The other, strangely, was a 1-1 draw at San Siro in 2019-20 when the Diavolo had injury problems to battle.

Not only that, but results in 2021 against the top teams not good, with Juventus, Atalanta, Inter, Napoli and Lazio all having defeated the Rossoneri. That is 15 points lost to direct rivals; the perfect recipe for going from top to fifth in the space of two months.

Despite that, Atalanta are the only top team left to beat for Pioli. He has beaten Juve twice since taking the hotseat including a 3-0 win in Turin earlier this month, has beaten Roma away this year plus Lazio at home, Inter away and Napoli away last year. In short, Atalanta are the only team left to topple before Pioli has genuinely proven his team can beat anyone in the league on their day.

It feels like the most intense litmus test so far though on Sunday, from all angles. Has Pioli learned lessons from the previous two defeats against La Dea? Has he found an effective counter to the kryptonite that Gasperini has so far used to defuse Milan? Has he instilled the right mentality into the team whereby they can overcome a big obstacle?

There is certainly an argument to be made for this being the most important game of Pioli’s managerial career. It is a one game examination in a must-win situation (we presume that Napoli and Juventus will do the business) which simply has to represent the culmination of everything he has learned as a manager, both at Milan and in general.

The ex-Lazio and Fiorentina boss must get his selections, tactics and game management spot on. He must motivate the team as a collective and ensure that the key individuals are in a perfect headspace. He must provide clear instructions to deploy for the biggest 90 minutes of most players’ lives. The correct substitutions will be crucial if things aren’t going well.

In essence, Pioli is being asked for one more masterclass in order to prove himself to all those who doubt him. It will be far from easy against a free-flowing but also tactically astute and disciplined team that know how to carve opposing defences up, yet Pioli has had three games first hand to have a look at Atalanta and create the mechanisms to stop them.

If Milan take care of their own destiny during Sunday’s trip north, everything feels better. Not only will trust in Pioli and the current team return to optimum levels, but it will breathe new life into the project from a renewals standpoint and also the extra revenue that will allow for a prosperous summer transfer campaign.

Of course there are reliable sources reporting that Elliott Management intend to proceed full steam ahead with their project regardless of a top four finish, though questions will be asked about whether this young and delicate group of players could properly recover after a second-half collapse that has seen such a huge drop in form.

Pioli was the man tasked with dragging a psychologically battered group out of the wreckage Giampaolo created back in the early part of last season, and he succeeded by being as much of a psychiatrist as a head coach, but could he possibly repeat the task? We’re doubtful.

We’d love to end this by saying ‘no pressure, just do your best’, yet in truth there is a tremendous amount of pressure. In 90 minutes of action against Milan’s own comic book super villain, everything must come to the fore and the fruits of the past 18 months must be on show.

If the Rossoneri fall short again – this time right on the precipice from the inside looking out – then it could very well be a long and arduous summer.

By Oliver Fisher

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players