The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 23-09-2021, 03:02   #1001
Cloren
Senior Team Member

Diaz is becoming one of my favourite players
Cloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 03:10   #1002
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Well, well?

guess who the best team in Italy is?

Us

Signature

Old Man Sees Red
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 06:06   #1003
AC AZZA
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka

Gonna get games like this along our path to the title.

Though Rebic did well, I would have he had started on the bench and we give Pellegri something to do and prove himself in 90 minutes, I hope he gets that oppurtunity against Spezia as we sorely missing a big target man.

If Saelemakers plays like that on the RW ,fuck it, his first 11 material.
Theo was easily man of the match, with Bennacer and Tonali playing their part.

Signature
Milan's Biggest Australian Fan .
AC AZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 07:27   #1004
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC AZZA View Post
Gonna get games like this along our path to the title.

Though Rebic did well, I would have he had started on the bench and we give Pellegri something to do and prove himself in 90 minutes, I hope he gets that oppurtunity against Spezia as we sorely missing a big target man.

If Saelemakers plays like that on the RW ,fuck it, his first 11 material.
Theo was easily man of the match, with Bennacer and Tonali playing their part.
For me it was Bennacer. Theo did great, but he only played half an hour or so. Tonali was amazing again, but Bennacer was such a welcome improvement in form. Kept getting better and better.

I always thought that Saelemaekers had it in him to keep improving and i'm glad the management believe so strongly in him. He does so much to balance our team that I usually excuse his lack of end product. It's the same reason Kessie used to fuck everything up before we restricted his role. By the time he's asked to shoot or pass, Kessie will have already sprinted 40 meters shrugging off three defenders, so he loses concentration by the end. I think it's the same with Saelemaekers. He runs so much and so fast that he ends up messing up at the moments where he needs to be lucid. It's not a coincidence that this performance came when he was subbed in and was fresh against tired legs. He can do it, it's just that we're usually asking him to be a winger and a fullback at the same time and it's not fair to judge him as just a winger.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 08:16   #1005
Il grande Milan
Honey, I'm home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggster View Post
Diaz has no qualities. He just shows up for a tap-in every 3rd game. That's it. That's his entire contribution. Kessie as CAM at least win duels and passes. Diaz just hides among their defenders so no one can pass him.
Biggest trollpost of 2021
Il grande Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 08:26   #1006
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Things I took from this game:

- The big team mentality is well cemented into this team, even when we don't have our strong first eleven, we go after results and get them.

- Leao & Diaz keep improving game after game, which is awesome to see.

- Our tactics heavily rely on a target man. I won't blame Rebic for not being good at it, cause he ain't one. Hopefully there's still one decent doctor left at Milan lab, and he manages to get Pellegri to play a full 90 minutes when needed.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 08:46   #1007
AC AZZA
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
For me it was Bennacer. Theo did great, but he only played half an hour or so. Tonali was amazing again, but Bennacer was such a welcome improvement in form. Kept getting better and better.

I always thought that Saelemaekers had it in him to keep improving and i'm glad the management believe so strongly in him. He does so much to balance our team that I usually excuse his lack of end product. It's the same reason Kessie used to fuck everything up before we restricted his role. By the time he's asked to shoot or pass, Kessie will have already sprinted 40 meters shrugging off three defenders, so he loses concentration by the end. I think it's the same with Saelemaekers. He runs so much and so fast that he ends up messing up at the moments where he needs to be lucid. It's not a coincidence that this performance came when he was subbed in and was fresh against tired legs. He can do it, it's just that we're usually asking him to be a winger and a fullback at the same time and it's not fair to judge him as just a winger.
Yeah Saelemakers proved me wrong big time tonight. I look forward to the times when he can come off the bench of the team is dominanent enough for him to keep doing that.

Tonali is in terrific form and I hope he keeps it up

Signature
Milan's Biggest Australian Fan .
AC AZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 08:54   #1008
Boban1982
Sempre Milan

This game shows the growth in both the team and the quality of our squad from last season.

Without Zlatan last season we would have drawn this game. We would have been frustrated and anxious but this season you could see a belief in the players that they always felt they would score.

2nd string players started the game but we had quality players that came off the bench - Theo, Kessie and Saelemaekers who made the difference. We rarely if at all had that last season.

We have a tough week - Spezia away (they completely outplayed us last season in this game) Atletico Madrid on Tuesday and Atalanta finishing off the week. If we can win these games I won't just be believing in a substantial Scudetto run but also on getting out of this extremely tough CL group.

Forza Milan!

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 09:41   #1009
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

I really like this team.
We are showing maturity , self confidence & fearless attitude.
Most players geared up which is usually hard for a team to pull.
Special mention to Tona & Ben.
Sale & Theo changed + won us the game & both were having bad games this season.
The only player to step up is Kess if you ask me.
Tona & Ben couldnt get a better time to step putting pressure on Kess to step up his game & to know he isnt as important as he thinks.
Either renew , sold in jan or sit as a sub.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 14:52   #1010
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggster View Post
Diaz has no qualities. He just shows up for a tap-in every 3rd game. That's it. That's his entire contribution. Kessie as CAM at least win duels and passes. Diaz just hides among their defenders so no one can pass him.
Berlusconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 15:32   #1011
Cloren
Senior Team Member

What does @Wild think of Saele?s assist I wonder ;p
Cloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 15:49   #1012
Sheva0172
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

For me this game didn’t show much. Venezia is a really really bad team.
We won, which is good and offcourse important but this wasn’t a statement for scudetto contenders.

We really need Zlatan, Giroud & Messias fit to properly rotate. After 5 games we can conclude that Florenzi should never be a RW option ever again right?

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote