The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 28-01-2019, 18:20   #821
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

It's okay.
I hate migraine. You hate Cutrone.
We all hate something.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 19:34   #822
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

I hate you.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 21:46   #823
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

That's fine. But don't let your hateful nature cloud your judgment.
Old 28-01-2019, 22:11   #824
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
lmao

yeah, i WANT cutrone to not succeed because uhmmm...

what i'm saying is that he is not a good lone CF, he needs to be freed from certain responsibilities (taking on defenders, holding up the ball and spreading the play) becuase he simply sucks at it. In a two man striker system tough, if paired with someone who has those charasteristics he is useful where he can be free to poach for goals.
You know who sucked worse than Cutrone at his age? Petagna.

Now, Petagna looks like a player that can muscle down an entire backline on his own. I am not saying that Cutrone is going to be better but I hope he progress more. I am more worried about Cutrone's passing skills that sometimes looks like extremely amateur level.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 22:51   #825
bola
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post

Now, Petagna looks like a player that can muscle down an entire backline on his own. I am not saying that Cutrone is going to be better but I hope he progress more. I am more worried about Cutrone's passing skills that sometimes looks like extremely amateur level.
Petagna has the physics for it, he's a giant physically compare to cutrone. I still prefer cutrone than petagna though
bola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 06:10   #826
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
That's fine. But don't let your hateful nature cloud your judgment.
I don't as much as you let your fanboysm cloud yours. Remember Montolivo? lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post

Yes, his passing skill (or lack thereof) is a big reason why he's not suited as a lone CF.

Signature
GOAT
Old 29-01-2019, 07:25   #827
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post

Yes, his passing skill (or lack thereof) is a big reason why he's not suited as a lone CF.
If it's one time we should have gone 'MOAR STRIKERS' is now. Crutone should play with Piatek upfront.

-------------------------Crutone----------------------------------
-----------------------------------Piatek-------------------------
------------Kebab-------Kessie----Bakayoko----------Suso---
------------------------whoever is not injured------------
--------------------------------$--------------------------------

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 07:43   #828
MilanMB
Serendipity

I need to see more of Piatek to say anything, but I doubt they'll ever be a good combo. In my world an SS in a 442 should be creative and and a good passer.

It will always be Cutrone/Piatek in our formations - unless we find a great trequartista

Signature
GOAT
Old 29-01-2019, 08:13   #829
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

The way we play, we'll always have a forward who will play significant portions of the game with his back to the goal. I see Cutrone growing in that role.. it doesn't mean he'll become an incredible passer, but he is getting better at occupying defenders and spreading the play back in to our midfielders/wingers.

4-4-2 is a good tool to use against certain teams with Piatek being the primary striker and Cutrone the hold-up guy. It will depend a lot on their understanding and the speed and awareness of our other players.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 08:15   #830
Sage
Phase 3

cutrone has definitely improved his link up play, he's going to be a beast by 25 if he keeps growing.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 22:46   #831
ROSSONERI7
AC Milan Legend

I like this kid but... i think it was Sacchi (or some old coach) that said a few days ago that he need to stop moaning ... and since i had not seen him do it + Sacchi going Maradona lately... i kinda dismissed it...

today, you could read in his face that "frustration" of getting another striker in front of him...
at the final whistle, Gattuso came and hug him and he gave him a frigid hug ... he who usually hugs people for too long...

i hope he'll adjust to it and continue to play his role, which he has done brilliantly so far ... or we might have a Locatelli Situation soon
ROSSONERI7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 23:36   #832
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSONERI7 View Post
I like this kid but... i think it was Sacchi (or some old coach) that said a few days ago that he need to stop moaning ... and since i had not seen him do it + Sacchi going Maradona lately... i kinda dismissed it...

today, you could read in his face that "frustration" of getting another striker in front of him...
at the final whistle, Gattuso came and hug him and he gave him a frigid hug ... he who usually hugs people for too long...

i hope he'll adjust to it and continue to play his role, which he has done brilliantly so far ... or we might have a Locatelli Situation soon
LOL, what kinda crap is this?
Piatek's success seems to have fired him up even more. As it should. It's great that he's not reacting like Pato to SES' goal success(he was walking around all happy and satisfied, overly praising SES and seeming relieved that he has even less responsibility now).

We went from the most lethargic attack to having the two most hardworking CFs in Serie A.

Piatek's far ahead of him in the physical department and much more of a threat from distance.
But he's also almost 3 years older. Piatek went from Ekstraklasa mediocrity to capocannoniere class in 3 years.
Old 29-01-2019, 23:42   #833
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Quote:
Piatek's success seems to have fired him up even more. As it should. It's great that he's not reacting like Pato to SES' goal success(he was walking around all happy and satisfied, overly praising SES and seeming relieved that he has even less responsibility now).

We went from the most lethargic attack to having the two most hardworking CFs in Serie A.

Piatek's far ahead of him in the physical department and much more of a threat from distance.
But he's also almost 3 years older. Piatek went from Ekstraklasa mediocrity to capocannoniere class in 3 years.

Exactly. The last thing Cutrone is, is a pussy. I give him that, and quite comfortably. The signing of Piatek will only fire him up. He's a man.

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2019, 00:52   #834
Kaka92
Gae

Fav. Players: MMS.

Quote:

I can't remember that Pato reaction.
But I remember that once he didn't even want to look at Elsha who serve him clear goal in empty net. Actually I always have feel that he was jelaous at him, because everyone is waiting for Pato after injury but meanwhile, Elsha "steal the show".

I think that this "rivality" will be good for both of them. But he shouldn't cross the line because Piatek is clearly better CF than him and for now, he deserve starting XI spot more.
Kaka92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2019, 09:50   #835
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

I think he'll get enough time. Also, we should and will probably play them together once in a while, which will most likely have results and bring them together.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 21:31   #836
Hugh Janus
Mong

Fav. Players: Maolo Paldini

Hugh Janus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 22:55   #837
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

sometimes passes were off but i think he did well enough. we were in defense mode when he came so didn't see much good balls but he linked well with others.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 14:17   #838
voom
AC Milan Legend

Send him to Chelsea with Piguain.Oh wait.This kid should thank Gattuso that he's giving him 20 minutes of play.Spoiled kid.
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 14:57   #839
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
Send him to Chelsea with Piguain.Oh wait.This kid should thank Gattuso that he's giving him 20 minutes of play.Spoiled kid.
What the hell? This forum is seriously fucked up.

Hating on homegrown talent, who has shown much more than expected of him, for no reason.

Seriously...
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 15:14   #840
voom
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
What the hell? This forum is seriously fucked up.

Hating on homegrown talent, who has shown much more than expected of him, for no reason.

Seriously...
Look at his behaviour.Friend of Locatelli. If he think that he is better than Piatek,he need to show that.Otherwise it will be no problem to sell him.Homegrown players,need to know that they time will come if they have quality.Calabria is the best example,but right now Piatek is one of the most in form strikers in the world,and Cutrone need to accept that,without making faces.
voom is offline   Reply With Quote