Sinisa Mihajlović Thread

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let me guess:

a) after the Napoli game blah blah blah (i'll spare you the repetitive BS he repeats after every dropped point)
b) referees (he does have a point) they've influenced at least 4 games this season.
c) injuries although they shouldn't be an excuse. had the biggest squad size he'll ever have in his career and it's his training regime.
d) luck
e) biggest squad size ever for him yet he doesn't make any subs because he claims that he has no valid subs.
f) pressure from berlusconi to perform

I think some of them are some valid points.

b) as you already admitted
c) & e) I think we actually do have a very limited squad. Our lack of wingers has been obvious since the beginning of the season. We have Bona and Honda who perform on the wings, we sold our other two wingers (Cerci & Suso) and got as only sub Boateng. That's insane. He's already improvising by subbing Boa and/or Poli form time to time. But obvously that are not players you'd start over the other two in order to give them a rest. We gambled on Balo and Menez, and we lost. Both aren't near any acceptable form, don't know who to blame for that (especially since Balo is in regular training since 2 months). The injury of Niang and L. Adriano really killed us upfront. Bertolacci is playing regularly but not on the levels that could be expected. Some here already said at the beginning of the season he's nothing special and that' exactely what we'll get. Everytime Kucka is injured it's a tough game for us, same goes for Monto injurys. Again, we lack serious alternatives to replace them in case of emergency. Our bench is not closely starting-11 worthy, most of our subs for me could play at best in a lower midtable team at Serie A, but not in a team who aims for 3rd spot.
d) well, luck and unluck always equalize themselfes at the end of a season I think. We hit the post 4-times in the last two games, but I admit I haven't count how many times our opponent hit our post in this season...

What I wonder is what's the deal with Jose Mauri. He hasn't barely used him, but at the same time he didn't want to sell him. That's odd. I'd like also to see some more Calabria cameos, I think this guy has potential. In pre-season he was superb, he fucked up the season start and then suddenly he disappeared completely.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Serb forceeee :o

Srbija strong, Remove fodder!
cY6o1L.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
career I have always done better than my predecessors and those who replaced me always did worse. Since I’ve started this line of work, it’s rare one of my teams struggles tactically.

“One has to be good at transmitting ideas and being convincing. As a player I had Coaches who said things just for the sake of it, but there are others who you can tell really believe in what they’re doing.

“Of course it also depends on the quality of players at your disposal. At Bologna, Catania and Fiorentina our objective was to secure safety. At Sampdoria we played well.

“My teams are always well-organised, know what to do and have the character, hunger and determination I want.

“Sometimes I speak to players face to face, on other occasions in front of everyone, at times through the newspapers. I think if I have to make him feel responsible, I’ll do it in front of his teammates, whereas those who have balls can be criticised via the papers, because I know he’ll do everything to react and prove me wrong.”

Believe in the force

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
?Sometimes I speak to players face to face, on other occasions in front of everyone, at times through the newspapers. I think if I have to make him feel responsible, I?ll do it in front of his teammates, whereas those who have balls can be criticised via the papers, because I know he?ll do everything to react and prove me wrong.?

Interesting.. considering hes always mentioned the same names in the press

We believe in you Miha, winning the Coppa would be huge for Milan at the moment, it would also be Sinisa's first trophy, anything can happen in 1 game. Can't wait

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really hope we finish this season well so se can comfortably reconfirm him. Don't want another year zero, I would really like to see what Sinisa can do with this Milan with the base already set and not with a team that is mentally completely broken after two horrendous seasons

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
He's gone but I won't blame him for this season. Nothing can help this squad.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Dude you don't have to use the same formation every game

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I don't even know what we expected from a man with an average of 38 win % at his former clubs :lol:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
his future was decided a half year ago

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Interesting.. considering hes always mentioned the same names in the press

We believe in you Miha, winning the Coppa would be huge for Milan at the moment, it would also be Sinisa's first trophy, anything can happen in 1 game. Can't wait

wow i must applaud miha's approach to bacca's psyche, he definitely got the best of him

Dude you don't have to use the same formation every game

he even used de sciglio as a RM in a 442... thats how hard headed he is. that's how tactically limited he is. he won't change formation to fit in De Sclgio nor will he bring in a player like Boateng or Poli who might do better at RM (not to mention keeping one of Cerci/Suso for depth at RM). playing De Sciglio there is almost like suicide. who the hell does that

Last edited:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
I cant blame miha, he cant do much better with this squad. No one cant.

Berlusconi fucked up our season in the first place with his 4-3-1-2, then galliani because he signed that fodder called "20 milioni".

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I cant blame miha, he cant do much better with this squad. No one cant.

Berlusconi fucked up our season in the first place with his 4-3-1-2, then galliani because he signed that fodder called "20 milioni".

+1

He's surely no genius, but he's not a bad coach either. This squad is very limited and very vulnerable. We barely got some good results with most of the starters being healthy. But come injuries and we are totally fucked.

Doubt any change of coach would bring what we want. Give him a full year without the 4-3-1-2 bullshit, some more investments and a decent bench and then let's see if he can reach CL. EL for this year will be great results. Hope we can get it

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
it would be funny if we don't get EL this year (let's hope that Kucka comes back, but our bench sucks badly, including Mr. 20 million), Sassuolo has a solid team and their attack is better connected to the team than our 40+ million attack.

Miha, gets Sampdoria to Europa League, but fails to get Milan :lol: ... now that would be something

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
it would be funny if we don't get EL this year (let's hope that Kucka comes back, but our bench sucks badly, including Mr. 20 million), Sassuolo has a solid team and their attack is better connected to the team than our 40+ million attack.

Miha, gets Sampdoria to Europa League, but fails to get Milan :lol: ... now that would be something

No funny :honda:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really and desperately wish me that he can turn this season finale somehow around by winning Coppa and leting us finish at least as 6th. I really don't want to see us restart with a new coach and a new project. But if we don't win Coppa and even fall out of TOP 6 then the consequences must be taken. I've become a big fan of his especially since I think he can only be partially blamed. This is simply a bad built squad without depht. Don't know if the 5th coach in 4 seasons would do more than all the coaches before him as long as the management doesn't start to build a proper squad.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I seriously doubt he wins the Coppa Italia, so if his job depends on that than he is screwed.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think his job depends on if he manages to bring us at least into EL. Coppa Italia is one way who at least would bring us a trophy too.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE

it would just be another obvious example (to anyone with two brain cells to rub together) of what happens when a coach works with a team that was built to play together and rely on each others specific strengths (i.e. sampdoria)...than when a coach has a ragtag team of players built on free transfers, panic spending and favors-for-agents (i.e. our Milan)

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
The job of our coach has become quite toxic. Whoever comes, will find a team in disarray, probably yet another formation change, probably yet another 6 - 10 player leaving(Lopez, Balotelli, Menez, Suso, Poli, J.Mauri, L.Adriano, at least one of the central defenders, etc) It's always telling when the only two coaches that are currently mentioned to replace Mihajlovic are
-a- Brocchi who lacks experience. After Inzaghi and Seedorf yet another one, when will the madness stop. Just because someone can drive great a Fiat 500, doesn't mean that he'll be great in Formula One.
-b- Lippi, who's looking for another vacation after China. He was a great coach but there is a reason why no team hired him earlier this year, he's too much of a liability to get. The guy's old, has won everything, has a high salary request, has been away from Serie A for a long time and will be doing this for 2-3 years at most, that's no way to start a project ... then Galliani wonders why nobody that we hire wants to leave Milan.

Any other coach that has other requests has downplayed or refused to be tied to Milan.

On the other hand, you have people that come here and don't want to go in a training retreat even when they play lousy. If they want, they should have the option to go home and give the salary back because they are not being paid with peanuts. It's telling when after 5 NT team breaks we've picked 4 defeats. It's also telling when one of the most consistent players this year has been the guy that was paid the least (Kucka).

I'm afraid that the game against Juventus comes at the worst moment for us. Allegri is very good at killing the game of the opponent and at the moment we have a very rough gameplay (Honda semi-injured, Montolivo out, Bonaventura slowing down quite a bit in the second half of the season, Mr. 20 million the less said the better). Our only chance is to pull another Fiorentina, sit in defense, hope that they don't score in the first 60 min and try to take our chances.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Miha thinks Monty's injured, tries to sub him for Loca, gets it all wrong, so Loca waits, then he puts on Boa instead of Loca without subbing Kucka who's about to die from fatigue.........

Dunno where or when exactly this guy lost the script, but he really lost it.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I disagree here Lemon. I don't have a crystal ball to see what could have happened, but Kucka despite being tired (like the rest of the team) is and was our motor, heart and soul in the midfield. Taking him out I think would have broken our midfield completely. Loca->Monty would have been the logical sub if you want to see Loca, but not Loca->Kucka while Monto still on the field.

I was excited too to see Locatelli as I do not know this player at all (I have not the sources to watch primavera games too). I don't know what he is capabable off, but I'm not sure if he could have hold that midfield together like Kucka did the whole game until the end.

My guess was L.Adriano->Bacca, but since it was Balo who didn't feel well I was fine with L.Adriano->Balo and Boa->Honda (better than DES or Poli as RM).

That's unfortunately the maximum from what you can get from our bench....