The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 03-05-2007, 00:22   #261
N3d0
Allegri al Massimo

Fav. Players: Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce

He was the best player on the field tonight! No doubt about it. Perfect, just perfect...

Keep it up Ambro!
N3d0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 15:51   #262
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Ambro's role used to be a second half sub, coming in and winning games through his marauding runs into the box coupled with his strong aerial abilities. Not anymore.

Against Celtic, Ambro played the ball to Kaka' for the winner; last night, not only did he play Gila through, Kaka's chance in the second half was also an Ambro through ball. Couple this with his work rate + his defensive abilities and you have a complete midfielder. When Pirlo was misfiring last night, Ambro stepped up and didn't disappoint.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 13:00   #263
Rustamka_Ambro
Milanista 23

Fav. Players: Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi

Hey you blond c**t...You are finally back to yourself.... It is been a while, since I saw a series of decent performances, injury free...

Keep it up mate.....!!!!! Forza Ambro
Rustamka_Ambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:40   #264
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Quote:
Massimo Ambrosini sees the hand of fate giving Milan the opportunity to avenge their 2005 defeat to Liverpool.

“When I saw our opponents in the Final would be Liverpool, I thought that life is strange and always gives you another chance,” smiled the midfielder.

“We had done it that night, all we had to do was finish the job. Now we have that opportunity.”

Ambrosini was one of the players in Istanbul in 2005 when the Rossoneri were leading 3-0 only to lose on penalties after a 3-3 draw.

Now Carlo Ancelotti’s men have another shot at the trophy in Athens on May 23, earning that right thanks to a magnificent performance to eliminate Manchester United 5-3 on aggregate.

“We progressed because our individual talents put themselves at the total service of the collective and in so doing they shone even brighter. Kaka, Clarence Seedorf and Pippo Inzaghi worked their behinds off. As for Manchester, their soloists did their own thing and they were beaten. Milan always manage to find their strength at the right time.”

Inter have made cutting comments about Milan’s Champions League status, though Ambrosini reminds them of what it takes to be the only Italian side in the final four.

“Of the 14 players who took part in the semi-final, eight of them were Italian. We are very proud of that and so are our fans, not that we want to criticise anyone, of course.”

It has been a particularly stressful journey for the Italian international, who has struggled with a series of injuries over the past few years.

“The setbacks were incessant. When I finally got back to playing regularly, I rediscovered that mentality I had lost. I wasn’t exactly afraid I’d have to retire, but I did fear I would never be able to play at a certain level again. There were terrible moments in which I was just so exhausted of it all, as the moment I returned I’d get another minor injury.”

Yet Ambrosini could be set for a departure in the summer, as he is one of the few stars yet to extend his contract past June 2008.

“For now I am only focused on May 23,” he told the ‘Corriere dello Sport’. “I am honoured by the interest from Fiorentina, as they are a great squad with an excellent Coach in Cesare Prandelli.”
Does that mean he'll be leaving us next season ... =(
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:51   #265
Fyrstnissen
Sempre Rossoneri!

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka and Gourcuff

why would ambro leave us for Fiorentina? :S That would be a stupid move..

Signature

Rock and Roll bitches!!
Fyrstnissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:40   #266
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

He would never get to play as a starter if we revert back to the 4-1-2-1-2 system that is preferred by A.
The only reason he gets regular and important games now is because of the lack of options to field two strikers up front, with kaka being made to move into that role.
Id like to see him stay as he is a good option off the bench, but fiorentina will pormise regular starting football every time, and while he wont win the CL with them, hopefully he would already have won it twice in his career with us.
radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:50   #267
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

I wouldn't want Ambro to leave, however his sale would probably force ancelotti to buy a new player.

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:14   #268
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I wouldn't want Ambro to leave, however his sale would probably force ancelotti to buy a new player.
Unless that barusso guy fits the billing.
radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:22   #269
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipa
Does that mean he'll be leaving us next season ... =(
If we life the trophy this May 23rd, there's a very big chance he may leave. However, I doubt that possibility because Max is a perfect player. He and Rino are the only two that can secure Pirlo in Milan at this time, it's clear that when Pirlo plays between Rino and Max, he has more freedom and time to play efficiently. Before, when there was only Rino, Pirlo was not this relaxed. I can't see Ambrossini leaving but we have to wait and see.

BUT, it's also clear that he's not popular here . Years with Milan, and only 14 pages in his thread .

Last edited by kevin_dk; 07-05-2007 at 11:27.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 13:13   #270
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

I want him to stay. He was one of our best players in last game. Ancelotti should give him more chance to play. Hope he stays.

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 14:42   #271
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

I hope Ambrosini stays. He will clearly always play if he isn't injured. He is next in line to be captain of Milan.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 15:31   #272
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
I hope Ambrosini stays. He will clearly always play if he isn't injured. He is next in line to be captain of Milan.
I hope we rest him till the the cl finals.

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 15:47   #273
gj3
Return Of The King

Fav. Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, C.Ronaldo, Oddo, Gourcuff

good second team player, wouldn't want him in the first team next year, he has done his job well this year althoug his tackling could improve but he is one of those players in a team that in my opinion has no real speciality, maybe we could have another pirlo/gattuso type of player...i mean mixed together, someone like Diarra, whos passing and shooting isn't bad

Signature

I Still Have Faith
gj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 18:57   #274
teis
Alice in Chains

Ambrosini should stay.
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 20:30   #275
Rosanna03
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: MALDINI, Pirlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
I second that.
Ambrosini should stay with us for his entire career.

Signature

My son Fabio
Rosanna03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:41   #276
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj3
good second team player, wouldn't want him in the first team next year, he has done his job well this year althoug his tackling could improve but he is one of those players in a team that in my opinion has no real speciality, maybe we could have another pirlo/gattuso type of player...i mean mixed together, someone like Diarra, whos passing and shooting isn't bad
Dude, did you watch Milan V Man Utd?
If you did you would know he aint a second string player. That's why the likes of Real and Juventus wanted him a few seasons back.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:54   #277
Medeea
Primavera Player

I agree that he is one of that players that are best for a second team, BUT he has the potential to rise to the big ocassions.
Indeed we are all remembering the match against MU, in which he was trully great, but in general he is a 2nd choice.

The idea is that he is great in the air, can score last minute goals but he is inconssistent maybe because he had so many injuries.

He will stay at Milan for sure and we need him, as a starter or on the bench.
Medeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:37   #278
Italian Tsar
Face

Fav. Players: Maldini, Keane, Cannavaro, Pirlo, Imran Khan, Virender Sehwag

The problem with Ambro going is we won't get a better back up player of his quality. He's been playing regularly due to our striker situation this year, but I think we'll revert to the 4-3-1-2 once we get Ronnie (or another heavyweight striker) in the summer.

That aside, what's our captaincy heirarchy?

Maldini
Billy
Ambro

then? Rino?

Signature

KINGS ALL
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:55   #279
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Yeah, Gattuso, Pirlo, then I also saw Kaladze with band once; though I might not have had full control of my senses.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:57   #280
ARNOLD RIMMER
Second Technician

Fav. Players: Pippo, DeSciglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Tsar
That aside, what's our captaincy heirarchy?

Maldini
Billy
Ambro

then? Rino?
Yes and then after those it seems to be Pirlo! I would have thought Nesta would be in there somewhere but obviously not.

Signature

ARNOLD RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote