The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have no doubts that Hakan?s form is related to COVID, question is if he can recover from it. With stuff like the EB virus many totally recover but some athletes never regain 100% of their physical ability. I hope that?s not the case with Hakan.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
we lack benna in midfield but if you look on hakan:
- does he help our team as before in defending??
- does he help in control the midfield when we are trying to play from the back??

yesterday we replaced hakan with diaz and was there any difference in dirty work between them?? (4 months ago we saw difference but now??)

youre a genius! yes Hakan isnt on the same level as pre-covid and needs time. Who would have thought !!

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
As much as i hate 4-3-1-2

-----Kessie----
-Tonali-----Bennacer--
-----Hakan-------------
-Rebic-------Ibra/Leao--

Kinda looks awesome on paper

Wings would be exposed. Might work if you have 2 hard-workers like Rebic upfront, but Ibra is old and Lmeao plays like he's even older.

Bennacer might do well, but I don't trust Tonali to cover enough ground.

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
youre a genius! yes Hakan isnt on the same level as pre-covid and needs time. Who would have thought !!

problem is not about him being less active alone
problem is he is plying as 2nd striker and is nowhere near midfielders as before
im not sure if pioli sees things like that or its his call (like theo going offensive as rebic-ibra-saele again and again)

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wings would be exposed. Might work if you have 2 hard-workers like Rebic upfront, but Ibra is old and Lmeao plays like he's even older.

Bennacer might do well, but I don't trust Tonali to cover enough ground.

With that formation we?d need to form defensive triangles between the FB, the lateral CMs and the DM ... Allegri style.

I?d like it as an alternative strategy when playing a deep line. High press isn't doable with that imo.

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I want to know what we will do with our loaned players (Tomori, Dalot, Meite, Diaz). Looks like we will get Otavio, so Diaz should be gone. Can Pobega be the fourth DM? and take the spot from Meite? (Bennacer, Kessi?, Tonali, Pobega) or is that to weak?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I want to know what we will do with our loaned players (Tomori, Dalot, Meite, Diaz). Looks like we will get Otavio, so Diaz should be gone. Can Pobega be the fourth DM? and take the spot from Meite? (Bennacer, Kessi?, Tonali, Pobega) or is that to weak?

Tomori I'd say stays if he continues to impress, Diaz either he stays or it's Otavio. Dalot hasn't really done much to convince and we rather need a natural LB vice-Theo since Calabria has Kalulu. Meite not sure, we're interested in Svanberg from Bologna apparently which seems like a smart decision and not much more than Meite would cost.

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Tomori I'd say stays if he continues to impress, Diaz either he stays or it's Otavio. Dalot hasn't really done much to convince and we rather need a natural LB vice-Theo since Calabria has Kalulu. Meite not sure, we're interested in Svanberg from Bologna apparently which seems like a smart decision and not much more than Meite would cost.

So maybe

GK: G.Donnarumma, Tatarusanu, A.Donnarumma

CB: Romagnoli, Tomori, Kjaer, Gabbia

LB: Theo, ???

RB: Calabria, Kalulu

DM: Bennacer, Kessie, Tonali, ???

AM: Calhanoglu, Otavio

LM: Rebic, Leao

RM: Thauvin, Saelemaekers

CF: Ibrahimovic, ???

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RomaMilan8.jpg

captain Giggio and the lads before match

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

imo Dalot will be shipped back, I highly doubt our management rates him highly enough to justify the price that Man Utd will ask for him (they paid 22mil 2 season ago)
I feel like we might push for another loan + option for Diaz.

I wouldn't redeem Meite, Id rather give a chance to some promising youngster which we can get for the price of Meite.

Tomori Id redeem for sure, he can be a starter for us for a long time.

I think Krunić might get sold and we'll go for two new mids (I don't know how Pobega would do in a 2 man mid considering he's playing in a 3 man midfield with Spezia)

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Milan forward Ante Rebic has already carried out physiotherapy at Milanello this morning and should recover for Wednesday’s match against Udinese.

Rebic, who scored the winner in the 2-1 win over Roma last weekend, had to leave the pitch due to a hip problem, but Sky Sport Italia reports it’s nothing serious for the Croatian.

The winger has carried out physiotherapy today and should be back in action already on Wednesday, when Udinese arrive at San Siro.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Hakan Calhanoglu suffered muscular problems in the same match and are uncertain for this week’s encounter with the Friuli.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dalot is really unnecessary at this point, Tomori and Tonali should stay imo.
Otavio points versus no Diaz, however I could see us trying to get him at a cut price should the opportunity arise.
Meite?s option is probably a fair price, but not really great (for summer mercato) and he also won't increase a lot in value anymore. We can probably do better.
Pobega could replace Krunic, which would be an advantage in terms of home grown quota (relevant for a reserve) if he is willing to be a reserve.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
With that formation we?d need to form defensive triangles between the FB, the lateral CMs and the DM ... Allegri style.

I?d like it as an alternative strategy when playing a deep line. High press isn't doable with that imo.

If as an alternative, could be. I'd like us to have 1-2 alternative formations. I think 4-4-2 could be useful too, for tough matches like vs Inter.

I'm pretty pleased with Pioli, but these are the 2 things I want him to start doing:
1. Bench our "top" players when they're under-performing. Good start with Romagna yesterday. I really hoped he subbed Ibra and Hakan for their performance, not physical issues.

2. Implement alternative formations

Milan forward Ante Rebic has already carried out physiotherapy at Milanello this morning and should recover for Wednesday?s match against Udinese.

Rebic, who scored the winner in the 2-1 win over Roma last weekend, had to leave the pitch due to a hip problem, but Sky Sport Italia reports it?s nothing serious for the Croatian.

The winger has carried out physiotherapy today and should be back in action already on Wednesday, when Udinese arrive at San Siro.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Hakan Calhanoglu suffered muscular problems in the same match and are uncertain for this week?s encounter with the Friuli.

Good news. I want to see a streak of games with a healthy Rebic, hopefully until the end of the season. He looked really motivated yesterday and in this state he's unstoppable. Let's prove all haters (Vultures) wrong.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Romagnoli posted in support of the team on instagram. Small things matter :)

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Fuck me...Rebic was just coming back into form. He looked pretty bad after returning....then started looking like his top form self....then this :head:

I think Goodfella is right about iBra though. play Rafael Leao (even though he kinda doesn't deserve it) and see if Pioli's system gains more teeth in the attack.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck me...Rebic was just coming back into form. He looked pretty bad after returning....then started looking like his top form self....then this :head:

I think Goodfella is right about iBra though. play Rafael Leao (even though he kinda doesn't deserve it) and see if Pioli's system gains more teeth in the attack.

swap Lmeao for Andre Silva in the summer :proud:

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like Ibra and Calha won't make it for Wednesday.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Ibra will miss the next 2-3 weeks due to his injury.

Good luck with your Mandzukic.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If as an alternative, could be. I'd like us to have 1-2 alternative formations. I think 4-4-2 could be useful too, for tough matches like vs Inter.

I'm pretty pleased with Pioli, but these are the 2 things I want him to start doing:
1. Bench our "top" players when they're under-performing. Good start with Romagna yesterday. I really hoped he subbed Ibra and Hakan for their performance, not physical issues.

2. Implement alternative formations

Good news. I want to see a streak of games with a healthy Rebic, hopefully until the end of the season. He looked really motivated yesterday and in this state he's unstoppable. Let's prove all haters (Vultures) wrong.
He actually looked motivated also against Red Star. Yes, he committed a whole lot of errors, one of his worst matches ever, but you could see he was trying to stamp his mark on the match, which is the attitude needed.
swap Lmeao for Andre Silva in the summer :proud:
Get my a Belotti and we talk
Ibra will miss the next 2-3 weeks due to his injury.

Good luck with your Mandzukic.
Thx. And bye

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Looks like Ibra and Calha won't make it for Wednesday.

@PBPCalcio
➤ Ibrahimovic: Left adductor muscle injury, to be re-evaluated in about ten days

➤ Calhanoglu: Medial flexor muscles problem in the left thigh. To be re-evaluated

➤ Rebic: All ok regarding the Croatian.

Rebic returns which is good, the other two likely out for one or two weeks. Diaz returned yesterday and played, which is good. I have faith in him. Leao as an Ibra replacement is fine (not sure Manzu is match fit for 90 minute games yet) as long as he actually works hard unlike the last two games. Hate it when he just saunters around.

Only concern is the Napoli and first ManU ties with those two missing, although without Ibra maybe we play higher tempo upfront and Hakan wasn't exactly in good form except his first sub appearance back. Hakan if he can recover for next weekend will be great and get minutes in his legs before EL resumes.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
No player has scored more penalties than Franck Kessie (seven) in Europe's 'top five' leagues this season, level with Bruno Fernandes, Ben Yedder and Depay. @acmilandata

How about the EL tie with United is just decided on a shootout between Kessie and Bruno?

Status
Not open for further replies.