The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Last edited by a moderator:

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What about Thorsby from Sampdoria ?
Looks like a good and cheap backup

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Please someone tell me how long Bennacer is out

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
I'd go for a young player who is willing to ride bench but with high ceiling

Ah
Every team need their own Juraj Kucka

Dependable, cheap, no hustle, fine with bench

But all of these backup CMs issue would have beeb solved with Jack Bona

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
We've been really unlucky with injuries at CB with Musacchio out the whole season and all of Romagnoli, Kjaer and Duarte spending time out, and now Gabbia. Also at CF with Ibra, Rebic and Leao all having spells out, we've been less unlucky in midfield but are woefully short of numbers there. Those things are costing us and I'd prefer to intervene in January, but we also don't want to make the wrong signing. Maybe one or two signings and a short loan or two, but we'll have to see who's available.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ah
Every team need their own Juraj Kucka

Dependable, cheap, no hustle, fine with bench

But all of these backup CMs issue would have been solved with Jack Bona

You must be kidding me!!Jack as Kessie backup??Ya ampun kamu biar bener dong:lol::lol:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I highly doubt Maldini struggles to see that our RW is our top priority. Our LB + LW can tear any defense apart, while the RB and RW are basically doing only the dirty work. We need goals from there too. If Thauvin is really available for just a few millions and we choose to sign him for free in the summer it would be beyond idiotic.

CB and DM issues also need to be addressed, but this is mostly because of injuries, while our RW is just not good enough.

I just can't see this team winning the Scudetto. We are picking up way too many injuries and we are yet to play another 30-36 games in total. Only possibility would be if Zlatan stays fit throughout the whole season and continues banging goals left and right.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I dont think Thauvin would/will have as much impact as people expect him to. Yes, he's a decent player but he's not as explosive and fast as Leao, Theo etc

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I highly doubt Maldini struggles to see that our RW is our top priority. Our LB + LW can tear any defense apart, while the RB and RW are basically doing only the dirty work. We need goals from there too. If Thauvin is really available for just a few millions and we choose to sign him for free in the summer it would be beyond idiotic.

CB and DM issues also need to be addressed, but this is mostly because of injuries, while our RW is just not good enough.

I just can't see this team winning the Scudetto. We are picking up way too many injuries and we are yet to play another 30-36 games in total. Only possibility would be if Zlatan stays fit throughout the whole season and continues banging goals left and right.

Many forummers here me included hope that we win scudetto hence hoping the management(Elliot) to invest on a CD,DM(vice Kessie),CF or at the very least 2 out of 3 position that I mention..

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tonali better step the fuck up now if Bennacer is out for more than a month...

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I dont think Thauvin would/will have as much impact as people expect him to. Yes, he's a decent player but he's not as explosive and fast as Leao, Theo etc

I want him not as much for his explositivity bur because he means business with that left foot. We need players who convert half chances to goals, and are to be trusted when clear chances present themselves.

However much I like Samu I see him as too uneven in his goals contribution. He is dependent on having everything click, and on his worst day he is rendered completely invisible.

If Thauvin can rediscover his 22 goal season he will help this team a lot, but judging by his career he can struggle too. No saviour figure, that's for sure, but a strong RW option with experience.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score

But Thauvin is overal a better player then Leao, and he?s a real rw.
Yes Leao is fast, but thats about it. And he?s not a rw. He?s a left winger or striker, and we re suited on that position

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tonali better step the fuck up now if Bennacer is out for more than a month...

Yup. Judging by his growth so far I think he will do well. But people should not treat him as they do Bennacer, he has his own style and is not of that quality yet.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
You must be kidding me!!Jack as Kessie backup??Ya ampun kamu biar bener dong:lol::lol:

Meh, i admire bona for his versatility in mid
And i also dont mind Borini for his versatility

As a back up, a plan C, it'd be just fine
Not Kessie's replacement though, just a CMs back uo

Someplayers dont rot in bench due to their non-superior nature. As a football coach, i like to have one or two kind of such players in my roster

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Considering the injuries we're having and Samu + Saeles form, I doubt RW is a priority now. Maybe only if we can get a free/cheap option like Thauvin seems to be

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
PHP:
Meh, i admire bona for his versatility in mid
And i also dont mind Borini for his versatility

As a back up, a plan C, it'd be just fine
Not Kessie's replacement though, just a CMs back uo

Someplayers dont rot in bench due to their non-superior nature. As a football coach, i like to have one or two kind of such players in my roster
There's no place for Jack in Pioli's 4231.Borini?we got one on Saelemakers with the latter has a huge upside compared to mediocre Borini...

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Offload Krunic and Musa in winter, get a CB and DM (maybe two if Benny is out long-term). RW would be good if Thauvin can come for cheap, but also potential vice-Ibra is needed. Rebic isn't sufficient as a CF and Leao isn't being played there (Pioli doesn't think he's good enough). We won't get everything this window I feel, and any more injuries to our core will hurt.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

We don't need that much pace any more. We have enough fast players. Also Calabria is pretty fast and actually decent in attack, so he should click well with a skillful and intelligent player.

What we need though is a RW who can score 6-7 goals and give 3-4 assists in half a season. None of Alexis or Samu can do it. Also having Zlatan as target man for Thauvin's crosses sounds like a match made in heaven.

I haven't watched him for years, but when I did he looked pretty good. It would be low risk high reward deal. 2-3 m to Marseille and 3 m for wages. Sounds like a dream deal. Even if he flops, we would still be able to sell him for 10-15 m.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RW should be absolute priority. We definitely lack quality there in comparison to other positions

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RW should be absolute priority. We definitely lack quality there in comparison to other positions

A defender and backup striker is more needed then rw
Castillejo - Saelemaekers and Brahim Diaz can play there.
Even leao if needed

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

If we can find the RW equivalent of Chiesa or Kulusevski for an affordable price off course we should.In Pioli's system,RW and LW need to be able to press and defend well because as good as Bennacer and Kessie is,they are not that great defensively at least not yet and we don't have Nesta and Maldini as CB so a helping hand is needed from both winger to ensure that our defense is strong overall..

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
whats up with injuries this season?!

The usual. Same shit every season. Our players get injured all the time and it is always 3-4 weeks out.

On the other hand Barella dives like he's dying every game at least twice and he's 'been playing injured' the last 2 games but no, he is fine.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

@FabrizioRomano
Alejandro ?Papu? Gomez is set to leave Atalanta in January.

He had a fight with Gasperini during the half-time of the #UCL match against Mydtjlland. ?When I?ll leave the club, you?ll know the truth?, he said.

Captain against manager. ?Papu? wants a new club #transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.