Europa League Round Of 16: Man United - Milan 11/03/2021 18:55 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I know Leao has been shitty lately, but this is a good chance for him to step up. He seems to do ok in big games and he can give their slow center backs a problem if he?s up for it(big if).

Everyone?s turned on him but not too long ago he was looking like he had taken a step up this season. And everyone is now focused on stopping United from scoring but with everyone out injured Leao is our only X factor on the field. I have a feeling he will create some chances

Not a make or break game, but if he's serious with his talent he will show up for this one. He can decide the game by himself.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I hope Leao and Krunić have great games, and then we ship 'em both off to some midtable PL team that will pay 80 million combined for the pair :D

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
That 4-0 loss would tell Maldini to not be happy with Mandzukic, Meite, Krunic, Calabria, Samu and such shits.

I hope for a win obv.

probably, but whole our attack is to redo from ucl perspective
and then whole 2nd eleven to check

also even if i have doubts about calabria (defending against top wingers??) - he still has more good games this season than majority of our players.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
That 4-0 loss would tell Maldini to not be happy with Mandzukic, Meite, Krunic, Romagnoli, Samu and such shits.

I hope for a win obv.

But seriously - stop being dense. You run before you crawl???

When we get to CL we can go after better talent
- If we dont then complain but not before

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Is Hauge still left out of the EL squad? Kid is made for European competitions

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic out is a tough blow.
I was really looking forward to seeing him come on at the hour mark for Leao
and destroying slow, tired legs of Manure defenders. The last 30 mins of Juve, Lazio, Napoli, Roma in June-July are my favorite Milan moments of 2020.

Way 45, you're our only hope.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic out is a tough blow.
I was really looking forward to seeing him come on at the hour mark for Leao
and destroying slow, tired legs of Manure defenders. The last 30 mins of Juve, Lazio, Napoli, Roma in June-July are my favorite Milan moments of 2020.

Way 45, you're our only hope.

Eh, it's a two-legged tie. We'll have him back at Milan. As long as we're still in the game next week we can go through.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Nervous, Goodfella?

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Fucking hell look at that decimated 19 player squad we are taking to Manchester :/

I don’t mind crashing out of EL to focus on SerieA but I don’t want to get decimated by United of all teams with their loud whory shitty fans.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
EwHjIr-WEAYTLqZ

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
It's all about Tonin the tormentor. On a serious note, having that many absentees for such a high profile tie is calamitous.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
We are fucked.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our backline can still cause them problems. Should be no rashford and they themselves know they only play well against open teams. Take a low scoring game into next week, see where the injured players stand and maybe we can do something. We don’t have to win the tie tomorrow

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not a make or break game, but if he's serious with his talent he will show up for this one. He can decide the game by himself.

I remember when we had no players vs Juventus Leao was in a similar situation being our only true X factor player on the field, he played well that game. A nice assist and was at the heart of a few chances before we ran out of gas around the hour mark that game.

I don?t even expect him to win the game for us, just put in a good performance. I?m still more worried that Samu Krunic and Salae will fail to hold on to the ball. Not only will that leave Leao isolated and useless(fans will get mad whether he?s receiving the ball or not) but it will put immense pressure on our backline. They struggle to break low blocks but there has to be at least some threat of quality going forward, or else we will be sieged all night.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
United are going to tear us a new one. I fear a 4-0 thumping or worse. That said, better we get out of this shit tournament at the earliest and focus on the league. The longer we stay the more injuries we add and jeopardize our chance of top 4 finish. Fuck EL!

Why dont u go back from wherever you came from and stop posting this pussy nonsense? Thank you

I swear some of you are such losers

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
You guys make me sick.
Back the team ffs.
Rebic out stings. But trust me, we will work our asses off.
I think we can count ourselves lucky Leao is not going to be put out wide as he just doesn't match the levels of energy that Rebic, Samu or Saele put into the game.

Dalot replacing Theo will hopefully maintain the balance we need. Theo has suddenly lost the balance he had in 2020. Feeling obliged to attack much more. Leaving us exposed. Against United that would be a real mistake.

We can hold our own. I trust Pioli. It's hard to see us getting thrashed. Atalanta did it with one of the best performances I can remember against us. Inter took every chance they had and because of a nightmare performance from Roma.

And I've said it before..until the City win. These were United results in the league against the big teams:

Man Utd 1-6 Spurs
Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea
Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal
Man Utd 0-0 Man City
Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd
Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd
Chelsea 0-0 Man Utd

Last edited:

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. They have an incredible 2 open play goals against big sides in epl, and not many more even if you include penalties.

They have some big wins where teams foolishly allowed them a lot of space to counter. That could have been a problem but I think with the team we will be playing that’s less of a threat. Tomorrow we will see a young Milan that will run a lot and cover a lot of ground. It will be on them to find chances

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The rumoured line-up is a really hard working one bar Leao. If Pioli orders a disciplined, strong defensive performance(which is what we should be aiming for) we are well disposed for that with Tonali-Kessie behind runners like Samu-Krunic-Saele.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Probable lineup against Man United according to Sky:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Tomori, Dalot; Meite, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Krunic, Brahim Diaz; Leao.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Eh, it's a two-legged tie. We'll have him back at Milan. As long as we're still in the game next week we can go through.

I think away goals will play a crucial role.
An empty San Siro is not giving us any advantage at all these days.

Nervous, Goodfella?

Right now? Not really. But by the time the tie starts? Fuck yeah. High profile CL and EL knockout games hits me differently than Serie A big games.

However this Rebic injury killed some of the enthusiasm.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Forza de kruynic

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expressed ?ultimate admiration for Milan. Tradition, history, quality, absolute class act?

See, you ppl are wrong to speak disparagingly of Utd... no need to pick on the little ppl... especially when they're in awe of you.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Good, clean game.

2 goals for CR
1 for Eric
Hughes 1
Ruud 1
Persie 1
Ryan 1
Becks 1
Sharpe 1
Paul 1
Veron 1
Roy 1
Robson 1
Ince 1
Sherk 1
Kanchelskis 1
Stam 1
Blanc 1
Vidic 1
Bruce 1
Pallister 1

Rio was okayish... give him a shitty deflected goal.

Dennis 1
Schmeichel 1

Now for the fun bit:

All the B-d'Ors to score a hattrick except for Basten... he's to get 5. A double hattrick is wasted on Utd keep that for Real, Barca.

2x Albertini mid to long range freekicks
2 Boban goals
2 Dejan goals
2 Rijkaard
2 Leo
2 Baggio
2 Paolo
2 Franco
2 Billy
2 Nesta
2 Cafu
1 Pirlo
1 Rui
1 Panucci
1 Zambrotta

Nice game!

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Tomori, Dalot; Meite, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Krunic, Brahim Diaz; Leao.

Not hopeless, but pretty much no options on the bench makes it hard.

I don't ask Leao to pull a miracle, but please run and put some pressure please, don't make us look like we're playing with 10 men

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think it's Krunic as left-midfielder and Diaz as second striker.
Same as the Lille home game.

It failed miserably in that half against a defensively strong Lille who bullied Diaz and pressured Krunic into making bad passes and bad touches.

I think I'd go with the same AM trio from the Verona game. They'll give the ball away too, but Samu is a better ball-winner and defender than Diaz and more press resistant than Krunic on the flanks.
On the other hand, Diaz might be the big counter threat that we need to fill in for Theo and Rebic.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

I think Samu would be more useful in this game than sale... We are playing with a B squad, away, against another giant in football, it's not like we're going there to attack. We gonna play for the 0 and try to steal our goal by a set piece or a counter. We need workers and runners.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Samu would be more useful in this game than sale... We are playing with a B squad, away, against another giant in football, it's not like we're going there to attack. We gonna play for the 0 and try to steal our goal by a set piece or a counter. We need workers and runners.

What is Saelemaekers if not a worker or runner?

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Avanti fratelli!! Lets make a bitch out of them once again!!