Week 36: Torino vs Milan 12/05/2021 20:45 CEST

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Let's start focusing on our next task.

We won the home game thanks to a Leao goal and a Kessie pen.

Torino risk playing without N'Kolou and Sirigu.

I haven't seen any rumoured XIs yet but Saele is suspended and Ibra, Brahim are likely to miss the game because of knocks.

My preferred XI:

Donna
Calabria - Kjaer - Tomori - Theo
Kessie - Bennacer
Dalot - Hakan - Leao
Rebic

Diaz for Dalot if available, Hauge to sub for Leao.

Andiamo!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
:O

Forgot about him. Why not, he plays for his future. Rebic as LW then.

problem with playing both leao and rebic is we wont have anyone on the bench able to make the difference.
samu and mandzu?? diaz will be needed to replace hakan since we gonna play 2 times per week (good other serieA teams also)
of course there is also krunic ... and hauge

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco Guida will officiate.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
win and CL is almost secured

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Well if juve game was called ?the biggest and most important match of the last 10 years? this is a double of it.

I hope we keep our heads down and have the same attitude and determination and beat them. Always hated Torino away but its now or never

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's start focusing on our next task.

We won the home game thanks to a Leao goal and a Kessie pen.

Torino risk playing without N'Kolou and Sirigu.

I haven't seen any rumoured XIs yet but Saele is suspended and Ibra, Brahim are likely to miss the game because of knocks.

My preferred XI:

Donna
Calabria - Kjaer - Tomori - Theo
Kessie - Bennacer
Dalot - Hakan - Leao
Rebic

Diaz for Dalot if available, Hauge to sub for Leao.

Andiamo!

You know for sure that Castillejo is starting this one. Let's not avoid the inevitable.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You know for sure that Castillejo is starting this one. Let's not avoid the inevitable.

giphy.gif

If he does I hope he performs well

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Win here, Inter spank Juventus, and barring Lazio winning all of their four games while we lose the other two (and Napoli + Atalanta also win all theirs) we're in CL.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Most important questions:

1. Do we switch back to 4-2-3-1 after winning with 4-4-2?
  2. Who replaces Alexis on the right (Samu of course, who am I kidding?)
  3. Does Torino have anything left to play for?
  4. Do they have any suspensions to key players?

My guess is we?ll follow the old Italian mister adage of ?don?t change a winning team? and stick with 4-4-2, but with Samu on the right and Rebic + Diaz up front. We may even see a change in the central midfield, since Bennacer is just getting back into form from injuries and may need a rest. Tonali?

Rebic-Diaz
Hakan-Kessie-Tonali-Samu
Theo-Tomori-Kjaer-Cala (Kalu?)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Most important questions:

1. Do we switch back to 4-2-3-1 after winning with 4-4-2?
  2. Who replaces Alexis on the right (Samu of course, who am I kidding?)
  3. Does Torino have anything left to play for?
  4. Do they have any suspensions to key players?

My guess is we?ll follow the old Italian mister adage of ?don?t change a winning team? and stick with 4-4-2, but with Samu on the right and Rebic + Diaz up front. We may even see a change in the central midfield, since Bennacer is just getting back into form from injuries and may need a rest. Tonali?

Rebic-Diaz
Hakan-Kessie-Tonali-Samu
Theo-Tomori-Kjaer-Cala (Kalu?)
4231 and 442 are very similar, especially if you call what we played yesterday a 442. What's interesting is how Pioli described his intentions, to play with fewer 'forwards' and just attack with more players, meaning fewer reference points up front that the defense can predictably control. Ibra floating around, and Brahim floating also, so the defenders don't know whether to push up or stay back. Sometimes it didn't work, for example balls played through thinking someone was making a run that was badly timed, or Ibra laying off to no one... But I really like it.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Agreed in terms of positions, but the interpretation of roles depends on who plays that central attacking midfield/SS spot. If Diaz is available and plays up there he will be more available near the box and will be more of a goal threat, which will push Hakan out wide and essentially we won’t have as much width. If Hakan plays centrally then the left sided player will likely be wider by nature of who we can deploy there (Rebic/Leao/Hauge) and the striker will need to be more isolated. Neither Rebic or Leao are as effective when isolated up front, so I prefer we attempt a 4-4-2 again.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe Samu scores one of his very rare goals :o

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Lets just win. I never want to cheer for Inter. Ugh.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed in terms of positions, but the interpretation of roles depends on who plays that central attacking midfield/SS spot. If Diaz is available and plays up there he will be more available near the box and will be more of a goal threat, which will push Hakan out wide and essentially we won?t have as much width. If Hakan plays centrally then the left sided player will likely be wider by nature of who we can deploy there (Rebic/Leao/Hauge) and the striker will need to be more isolated. Neither Rebic or Leao are as effective when isolated up front, so I prefer we attempt a 4-4-2 again.

no worries, it will be a 442 in certain phases

in the attacking phase, we will switch to bulldozer mode

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
I also want juve out of CL... need their top players to abandon their ship, their aged players to realise there is no where else to go and their pockets to take a hit. Let a rival be in decline...

When Pirlo as a player went to juventus it began for them a cycle of league domination.... let’s hope he is now their catalyst of a downward spiral. Hope ronaldo and Dybala leaves them

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I also want juve out of CL... need their top players to abandon their ship, their aged players to realise there is no where else to go and their pockets to take a hit. Let a rival be in decline...

When Pirlo as a player went to juventus it began for them a cycle of league domination.... let?s hope he is now their catalyst of a downward spiral. Hope ronaldo and Dybala leaves them

this :thumbsup:

I'd love to see them fall apart

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
i have no hope for this game. guida is going to be the difference

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Juve probably shipping him some cold hard cash already.

Guida loves milan, i bet my nuts on it. This is the single referee that we have no bad memories of.. I genuinely believe hes a milan fan. Lets hope it stays that way for this match

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
I expect a very difficult game against a strange Torino side. They have a decent squad, but apparently, they've forgotten how to play football.

We haven't won against Torino in Turin since our famous 2-4 victory in 2012 which is quite worrying.

Please Belotti, play your career's worst game if you dream of any future here in Milan.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Schedule