Week 31: Milan vs Genoa 18/04/2021 12:30 CEST

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Precious win.

Ugly win.

A win that I will take any day of the week, especially on a Sunday, before every direct rival has to play and after an early morning kick-off.

21 points left to play for. We're 9 away from our goal. 10 should definitely seal it.

Wins for Juve and Inter would give us a lot of breathing room.

A few more positives:

1) We have already equaled our entire points tally from last season
2) We're 3 points away from surpassing the highest points tally we have managed in 7 seasons
3) No bookings today. Hopefully, we can come out of the Sassuolo game unscathed as well.
4) Even though Rebic missed an easy chance, he has been scoring some incredible goals. Important ones too recently. Love Rebic.
5) It can be easy to forget on the back of a dullish performance, but we have now managed 10 points in our last 4 games. That is just fine.

I don't see how 9 points out of 21 will seal top 4, that means 3 wins and 4 losses.
I think 13 points will do, and even then it's gonna be close

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, we need you brother.

We will reach our treasured target this seasond and have a sweet mercato. New era incoming.

Yeah, I meant how nervy it is watching Milan even now. Used to think as the years would pass, so would the nerves, but no...every weekend this season...it's nice to have something at stake 2 weeks from May.

Forza Milan!

I don't see how 9 points out of 21 will seal top 4, that means 3 wins and 4 losses.
I think 13 points will do, and even then it's gonna be close

A 79 points requirement would be the highest in eons. I don't see Napoli maintaining this pace. They play Inter today and Lazio mid-week. Their margin of error is really thin.

I think things would get slightly complicated if Napoli win today. Really hope that doesn't happen.

But yeah, you're right, there is a decent chance 9 points won't be enough, but I'd be shocked if it was as high as 13. That would assume a breakneck pace from all of our competitors.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Well it seems to be a good thing I missed this one :D
- First I couldnt wakeup in time, then my girlfriend wouldnt let me up ;)

Followed the score from start of 2nd driving home
- 3pts !!!!

Now the chasers will drop points, Ibra will return and hopefully we can be back on track to finish out holding on to 2nd place

Same.....stayed in bed with my wife listening to her discuss non football related things :head:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Yeah, I meant how nervy it is watching Milan even now. Used to think as the years would pass, so would the nerves, but no...every weekend this season...it's nice to have something at stake 2 weeks from May.

Forza Milan!

These nailbiters are getting tiresome, but feeling so stressed out is what makes an eventual success taste so sweet. I almost wanted to physically hurt some of the players who carelessly lost or gave away the ball during the final minutes today. Screaming at the television, alone.

We have shown plenty of entertainment this season but seem to be more uncertain now, more nervous. That's when 3pts matters so much.

Hopefully away form strikes again and we steamroll Sassuolo, but that will probably be tough as well.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still knocking off own teeth watching Milan play these days.

Mandzukic looked out of breath af but is still in shape. Feels weird seeing a number 9 on the red and blank strips.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Bro...before I pulled myself together and managed this post, I was sitting at minute 81, in a silent, still house, thinking to myself, am I getting too old for this shit?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
now that Mandzukic is back and is fit to play full 90, I hope Pioli never goes with Leao up top again. He's not involved in the game whatsoever and whenever he decides to actually play, he goes a 1v1 while he has half of the team open for a nice shot :fp: if anyone offers us 20mil+ for him, please god ship him on. He's Niang 2.0

Niang had problem with decision making but he ain't no lazy bum like lmeao

Lmeao can become top level players if he try his hardest

These nailbiters are getting tiresome, but feeling so stressed out is what makes an eventual success taste so sweet. I almost wanted to physically hurt some of the players who carelessly lost or gave away the ball during the final minutes today. Screaming at the television, alone.

We have shown plenty of entertainment this season but seem to be more uncertain now, more nervous. That's when 3pts matters so much.

Hopefully away form strikes again and we steamroll Sassuolo, but that will probably be tough as well.

We are playing sass home sadly

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
Kjaer and Rebic were best (though Rebic missed a sitter).
Hakan: horrible today.

Important 3 points though

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
EzRFA0aVoAAr6jc

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Precious win.

Ugly win.

A win that I will take any day of the week, especially on a Sunday, before every direct rival has to play and after an early morning kick-off.

21 points left to play for. We're 9 away from our goal. 10 should definitely seal it.

Wins for Juve and Inter would give us a lot of breathing room.

A few more positives:

1) We have already equaled our entire points tally from last season
2) We're 3 points away from surpassing the highest points tally we have managed in 7 seasons
3) No bookings today. Hopefully, we can come out of the Sassuolo game unscathed as well.
4) Even though Rebic missed an easy chance, he has been scoring some incredible goals. Important ones too recently. Love Rebic.
5) It can be easy to forget on the back of a dullish performance, but we have now managed 10 points in our last 4 games. That is just fine.

This post really puts into perspective just how good of a season Milan has had and how much credit the directors, Pioli, and the players deserve. To say nothing of the absolutely calamitous impact injuries and COVID had. We genuinely could have won the Scudetto this season were it not for such poor luck.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
now that Mandzukic is back and is fit to play full 90, I hope Pioli never goes with Leao up top again. He's not involved in the game whatsoever and whenever he decides to actually play, he goes a 1v1 while he has half of the team open for a nice shot :fp: if anyone offers us 20mil+ for him, please god ship him on. He's Niang 2.0
:lol: What makes you think Mandzukic is fit to play a full 90? He's made like 10 appearances in the last 2 years. He can barely gives you a good 30.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
LOL Mandzukic is no where near being fit for 90 minutes guys. He was barely hanging on to the pace of today's game. Play him as a tactical sub for no more than 20 minutes per game. His physique and positioning are still sharp as we can all tell from watching the corner set piece leading to the winner.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
very very enjoyable game
preziosi in the stands, destro, world class rebic goal

bob sacamano with the crucial 3 points? amazing

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Mando giving up all of his March wage... why not Feb wage?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I?m really glad we got the 3 points, and I try to think of it as a rough patch that good teams go trough, but get results nonetheless.(see Inter before the winter break, and were are they now)

That being said, if we manage to qualify directly for the CL and still play like this, we are going to embarrass ourselves...or even worse, if we have to go trough a qualification phase, I have no faith that we shall pass it.

FORZA MILAN!

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I?m really glad we got the 3 points, and I try to think of it as a rough patch that good teams go trough, but get results nonetheless.(see Inter before the winter break, and were are they now)

That being said, if we manage to qualify directly for the CL and still play like this, we are going to embarrass ourselves...or even worse, if we have to go trough a qualification phase, I have no faith that we shall pass it.

FORZA MILAN!

no need to worry, there is no qualification phase and there's no CL :lol:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
no need to worry, there is no qualification phase and there's no CL :lol:

Oh? I thought that super league bull shit was happening in parallel with CL/EL etc.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Oh? I thought that super league bull shit was happening in parallel with CL/EL etc.

No one knows what?ll happen to CL / EL if ESL actually materialises. Also there is no qualification phase for Italian teams in CL

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
very very enjoyable game
preziosi in the stands, destro, world class rebic goal

bob sacamano with the crucial 3 points? amazing

Specially at the end with Genoa playing modern 3-3-4.

Anyway, were still lacking a lot of defensive work and connections beetwen the entire team.

But we got the 3 points.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No one knows what?ll happen to CL / EL if ESL actually materialises. Also there is no qualification phase for Italian teams in CL

How come?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its the rule. 4 top teams of top leagues get in directly. You still on Football Manager 2011? :lol:

Close, fm 14:lol:

Thanks though, forgot about the rule change :thumbsup: