Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
EKIgUO1W4AAO0LU

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
where do we vote?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
We can’t beat the Egyptians

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Again, a string of stellar performances in recent weeks. Resembling a certain player we saw in the Africa Cup of Nations last year.

If we continue with the 442 formation and we want to carve out even more from Bennacer's potential, we should pair him with a defensive midfielder that is physical, a defensive juggernaut and towering. This would allow a lot more freedom for Bennacer to play in a more advanced area of the pitch. --- (Bakayoko first player to spring to mind, but not so sure about his current availability)

For instance, have a quick gaze at the 442 formation Monaco deployed under Jardim in 2016/17, as they made the Ligue 1 absolute child's play that season. A small and physically weak, creative, ball-carrying midfielder (J.Moutinho) pairing a physical rock, industrious and a tall DM (Fabinho/Bakayoko).

A Bennacer and Javi Martinez/N.Matic tandem to do the trick for us, perhaps?

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Again, a string of stellar performances in recent weeks. Resembling a certain player we saw in the Africa Cup of Nations last year.

If we continue with the 442 formation and we want to carve out even more from Bennacer's potential, we should pair him with a defensive midfielder that is physical, a defensive juggernaut and towering. This would allow a lot more freedom for Bennacer to play in a more advanced area of the pitch. --- (Bakayoko first player to spring to mind, but not so sure about his current availability)

For instance, have a quick gaze at the 442 formation Monaco deployed under Jardim in 2016/17, as they made the Ligue 1 absolute child's play that season. A small and physically weak, creative, ball-carrying midfielder (J.Moutinho) pairing a physical rock, industrious and a tall DM (Fabinho/Bakayoko).

A Bennacer and Javi Martinez/N.Matic tandem to do the trick for us, perhaps?

I still believe we shouldn't have allowed Bakayoko to leave. He is a beast in DM and with Bennacer by his side would be perfect.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm at work, but couldn't resist to come here and reiterate what a gem of a player Bennacer is.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'm at work, but couldn't resist to come here and reiterate what a gem of a player Bennacer is.

He truly is... far from perfect atm, but very good in many aspects and I feel he can only improve and probably has a high enough ceiling.

I really think him and Bakayoko would wreak havoc

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ball progression
rfiPZUr.png

Looking pretty good.

Would love to see him as a mezz'ala in a 3 man midfield and leave the DM role for someone else.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I really wanted Barella but Bennacer has made me completely forget about him. I can't stress enough how beautiful this player is. If he'd play in a top club in PL he'd be worth 4x his current valuation.

What has impressed me the most is his mentality, which says a lot because I've been really amazed by his ability to get past opponents and find space. He only recently turned 22 wtfff

He's even taller than I thought. His low gravity point fools you. Initially I thought he was in the Verratti bracket but he's actually right inbetween Verratti (1.65) and Cristiano Ronaldo (1.85)

I immediately thought he'd be a great mezzala and I mentioned months ago how good he'd be together with an octopus type of a player, such as Bakayoko. He's our best defensive midfielder today but that's because he's our best midfielder with a good set of defensive skills plus impeccable grinta. "Unfortunately" one of his very best qualities, moving past opponents, can be quite risky adopted whenever he's playing deep. On the flip side he'd make a terrific mezzala both in transition to attack and defensively.

Extra iron on the left doesn't hurt with Theo on the pitch too.

Last edited:

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
Yet there are people on here that’ll tell you he is overrated.
What he’s done so far is commendable, after a not exactly auspicious start coming to a big club with Giampaolo in charge (who seemed to favour Biglia ffs), being played in a position with huge responsibility and that perhaps limits his individual strengths. He also looks like he can take the big club pressure. We really seemed to miss his influence in the Verona game.

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
5 years from now he will be referred to as one of the best midfielders in the game

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
what an excellent player he is.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Best midfield signing we’ve made since I can remember

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I really wanted Barella but Bennacer has made me completely forget about him. I can't stress enough how beautiful this player is. If he'd play in a top club in PL he'd be worth 4x his current valuation.

What has impressed me the most is his mentality, which says a lot because I've been really amazed by his ability to get past opponents and find space. He only recently turned 22 wtfff

He's even taller than I thought. His low gravity point fools you. Initially I thought he was in the Verratti bracket but he's actually right inbetween Verratti (1.65) and Cristiano Ronaldo (1.85)

I immediately thought he'd be a great mezzala and I mentioned months ago how good he'd be together with an octopus type of a player, such as Bakayoko. He's our best defensive midfielder today but that's because he's our best midfielder with a good set of defensive skills plus impeccable grinta. "Unfortunately" one of his very best qualities, moving past opponents, can be quite risky adopted whenever he's playing deep. On the flip side he'd make a terrific mezzala both in transition to attack and defensively.

Extra iron on the left doesn't hurt with Theo on the pitch too.

this should be the number 1 criteria when signing players (young or old) ...i think i heard Maldini hint at it recently, players with some character, up for a challenge... when things go wrong they kep their head high...Gigio is the other one like that

psychological strength has been missing since the 2012 ...

that's why they left Piatek + Suso go ASAP they both have great quality ... when things are not going well they shut down ... Hakan, is the other one but he is Tactically important + very versatile ... i won't be surprised if he is sold in the summer... or at least benched by a similar player with a stronger mind.

Maldini and Boban seem to want all the Mentally weak players out ... Calabria is another one

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i liked it when he kicked the bejeesus out of rincon

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Last match was the most aggressive I’ve seen him play yet. Very good defensive work.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Last match was the most aggressive I’ve seen him play yet. Very good defensive work.

I love his aggressiveness too but has to be more reserved also at times. Picks up a lot of unnecessary cards (11 now, a couple were just refs being harsh) and sometimes does something that could end up with him seeing red.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
this should be the number 1 criteria when signing players (young or old) ...i think i heard Maldini hint at it recently, players with some character, up for a challenge... when things go wrong they kep their head high...Gigio is the other one like that

psychological strength has been missing since the 2012 ...

that's why they left Piatek + Suso go ASAP they both have great quality ... when things are not going well they shut down ... Hakan, is the other one but he is Tactically important + very versatile ... i won't be surprised if he is sold in the summer... or at least benched by a similar player with a stronger mind.

Maldini and Boban seem to want all the Mentally weak players out ... Calabria is another one

And Mastour is the best example.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Joyrider is in love with bennacer

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Schedule