Official: Mario Mandzukić Thread

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Comunicato Ufficiale: Mario Mandzukic

https://twitter.com/acmilan/status/1351481304580317185

EsFpY48XEAEZVkj

AC Milan is delighted to announce the signing of Mario Mandzukic. The Club and the striker have agreed on a deal until the end of the current season with an option to extend the contract for the next one.

Born in Slavonski Brod (Croatia) on May 21, 1986, Mario Mandzukić started his professional career in 2004 with NK Marsonia before joining NK Zagreb and GNK Dinamo Zagreb. In Summer 2010, he moved to Germany to play for VfL Wolfsburg (60 appearances and 20 goals) and Bayern Munich (88 appearances and 48 goals). In the 2014/15 season, he went on to play for Atletico Madrid scoring 20 goals in 43 appearances before joining FC Juventus. In his five seasons with FC Juventus, he made 162 appearances and scored 44 goals. In January 2020, he joined Qatari side Al-Duhail with one goal in 7 appearances.

Mandzukic has won 24 trophies including 1 UCL, 1 UEFA Super Cup, 1 FIFA Cup World Cup, 9 championships and 12 between national Cups and Super Cups. He is the second-best scorer ever of the Croatian national team with 33 goals in 89 appearances.

Mario Mandzukic will wear the number 9 jersey.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Book him to break the number 9 curse. Finally a real number 9, going to cause havoc in the box. I have a feeling he could play on the RW for us and attack the back post in the box as we love to attack on the left with Theo and Rebic. He’s going to be dangerous

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
This guys is a total bully!

Our defenders can only benefit from training with this beast

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know where he will be used, i doubt he will be a starter, i look at him as vice Ibra, or when we are behind and we want extra man up front.

however i do believe he is a winner, and we need that, Wish you well Mandzukic, please keep the hunger going.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know where he will be used, i doubt he will be a starter, i look at him as vice Ibra, or when we are behind and we want extra man up front.

however i do believe he is a winner, and we need that, Wish you well Mandzukic, please keep the hunger going.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Welcome. Great career indeed.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Hopefully he can be the leader of our Europe League push....

Lets goo

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
nice addition, he's better than Colombo for sure, will he be ready for match against Atalanta ?, i hope so

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If you read Juve forums they're pretty much all either mad at him for going to milan, wishing him the best or wishing he came back to juve (which isnt possible, the way they treated him)..

but literally everyone speaks and thinks highly of him and would take him back in a heartbeat.. So.. If its a good signing for juve's squad depth (which they already have quite some) its almost a god-tier signing for our squad depth (which is almost non-existant without a huge quality drop).

Never really followed him closely,but im actually happy he's here and hope he does well for milan..

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
It's a great piece of business. We can basically win every game which is tied by 70th minute now.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Welcome Mandz.
I always liked his effort.
A player who give 100% cant be faulted.
Lets win the title.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
I hereby dub thee Jebroni.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Welcome!

Imagine him and Ibra together in the opponent's 6 yard box, the aerial threat would be too much.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
How screwed are the rest of the league? We're already sitting at the top of the table despite all our absences based mostly on teamwork and talent and we just added one of the biggest bullies the league has seen in the last 10 years. Kudos to the management for wanting to win the league, this has Maldini all over it. Gazidis would never...

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Welcome Mandzukic. Didn't want you here but will fully support you now that you are. Please help us to rip our opponents a new asshole thanks!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Juve ultras message for Mandzukic

Mario Mandzukic joined Milan today and returned to Serie A, so Juventus ultras wished him ?six happy months ? without victories? and he replied with ?pride? at their praise.

The striker spent five years in Turin before leaving for Al-Duhail in January 2020 and became a fan favourite due to his goals, assists and remarkable work ethic.

This was evident in a message sent by the Curva Sud Juventus 1897 group on Instagram.

Marione, you will always remain in all our hearts, for what you?ve done, for your passion, for the special rapport you had with all of us.

?We loved him for the grit he put into every game. We loved him for the fear he stoked in opponents with his sheer size. We loved him for his refusal to laugh and the rare times he did.

?It?s a long list, but we truly loved this player. But Marione, for the next six months he will wear the Rossoneri colours of Milan.

?He is a professional, he wanted to come back to Italy at all costs, we cannot bring ourselves to condemn him, but it will hurt to see him as an adversary on the field, just as we think it?ll hurt him to play against us.

?At the age of 34, almost 35, these things can happen. So good luck Marione, we hope you spend six happy months in Italy, but don?t blame us if we wish you no victories. Ciao Marione? Your Curva, the Bianconeri.?

Mandzukic read the post and replied to it on Instagram.

?Thank you for these wonderful words? I will always be proud.?

https://app.football-italia.net/?re...t#article/footballitalia-165071&menu=news-all

Mh1zIts_d.webp

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Mandzu is a signing who's not to be judged on number of goals, but rather his functionality to the team when coming on as an impact sub.

Already looking forward to seeing him and Ibra on the pitch at the same time to let the aerial bombardment commence.

Riffstein

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I was remembering the goal he put vs Real in the CL, damn that was one sexy goal.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
?There are various reasons why I chose Milan. It?s an historic club and fully satisfies my ambitions. We all know what Milan represent.

?I worked hard lately to earn the call from an important club like Milan. I?ve trained a lot recently and those close to me know how much effort I?ve put in to ensure I?m ready to challenge for trophies, so Milan needn?t worry about my fitness levels.?

Milanello also represents a reunion for some of Mandzukic?s former teammates.

?I am happy that Simon Kjaer is here, as I?ve known him since Wolfsburg and we had a good time there. He has proved with his performances that he is a pillar of Milan.

?I called Ante Rebic a couple of days ago and told him I was coming.?

Mandzukic will represent the understudy to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but there?s no reason they couldn?t also play together.

?I?ve been following Zlatan?s progress since I was very young and I?m happy to finally be in the same team as him. We are both hungry for success.

?He?s still a beast on the pitch and I will try to be the same. I think we?ll do very well together.?

Milan are top of the Serie A table and need just one point to be guaranteed the title of Winter Champion.

?A club like Milan always has big objectives and ambitions. I am accustomed to that, so it?s no problem, that?s why we play football. I am here and will give my best for Milan.

?It?s a special club. You just need to say Milan and everyone knows what you?re talking about. The history of Milan is incredible, great champions have played here. The whole world is fascinated by Milan and I can?t wait to get started.

?My message to the fans is always the same: I will give my best. I?ll try to defend the Milan colours in every game, I can assure you of that 100 per cent.?

Nice interview overall but I liked the bold part the most.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
can he start together with ibra? as LW maybe?

also where the hell is his announcement video

Last edited:

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Great, smart signing. Provides an actual backup for Ibra, and can play anywhere in attack in a pinch. This provides us with time so we can go out and sign a striker like Scamacca, Belotti, or dare I say..... Haaland?? :) in summer and not now. Great piece of business on this one IMO.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Is it weird that I used to wanna smack this guy in the face so badly when he was against us, but now I can’t wait for him to trample all over opposition defenders?? :)

Goldfinger68

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Welcome beast, now we have a lion and a tiger, a motherfucking Liger man! You can’t compete with that, Serie A title is on its way. So many defenders will cry like bitches.

largest-cat-living-hercules-liger_tcm25-566743.jpg

n9r0b65luj511.jpg

Last edited:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Very nice purchase.
Dont know if he still have what it takes to play as a winger, but will sub Ibrahimovic very well.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Welcome beast, now we have a lion and a tiger, a motherfucking Liger man! You can?t compete with that, Serie A title is on its way. So many defenders will cry like bitches.

largest-cat-living-hercules-liger_tcm25-566743.jpg

n9r0b65luj511.jpg

:lol:

Schedule