Champions League Thread [2010-2011]

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Inter and Twente should be the most boring match ever.
Twente parking the bus like always and Inter .....well being the lame team they are.

Twente parking the bus like always? I can't remember the last time they did that.

E

Esoteric

Twente parking the bus like always? I can't remember the last time they did that.

They're extremely defensive, probably not like really parking the bus, but you know,they won't attack that's for sure. I've seen them play conservative against shitty league clubs and expect them to play even more defensive today.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Im singling out 4 players to watch out for tonight.

Sercan Yildirim (Bursaspor)
Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia)
Eduardo (Rubin Kazan)
Sortiris Ninis (Panathinaikos)

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
They're extremely defensive, probably not like really parking the bus, but you know,they won't attack that's for sure. I've seen them play conservative against shitty league clubs and expect them to play even more defensive today.

They won 4 - 0 two weeks ago :conf:

E

Esoteric

They won 4 - 0 two weeks ago :conf:

Cessena almost beat us 3-0 last week.
They are still conservative for such a weak league and you'll see today they'll play conservatively even on their ground.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Thinking Bremen will win. No Defoe is a big blow

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
man....i rlly rlly love the champions league. its my fave competition...of any sport. by far. i'm rlly looking forward to lyon-shalke

[hi falsetto]THEEE CHAAAAAAAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOONSSSSS[/hi falsetto]

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

A,lready step ahead of you... been bumping it on repeat in office.

Try when you wake up tomorrow morning and are going thru your morning routine of making breakfast, coffee, whatever listening to this. You'll feel like a king. Literally, regal

I feel like Seedorf has to listen to this daily. Thats why he walks around with such dignity, amour-propre if you will

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
man....i rlly rlly love the champions league. its my fave competition...of any sport. by far. i'm rlly looking forward to lyon-shalke

I'm watching this one to

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Try when you wake up tomorrow morning and are going thru your morning routine of making breakfast, coffee, whatever listening to this. You'll feel like a king. Literally, regal

I feel like Seedorf has to listen to this daily. Thats why he walks around with such dignity, amour-propre if you will

man i get goosebumps...erry time i hear this...
this song is played on repeat in heaven.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

hahaha

+1

I always felt somebody calling meeelaaaaan in the song

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Damn, it gave me goosebumps too, lol.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
man i get goosebumps...erry time i hear this...
this song is played on repeat in heaven.

+1

I always felt somebody calling meeelaaaaan in the song

Whenever I hear it I have image of team lineup and particularly two men will always stick out in my mind, Clarence and Gattuso:

clarenceseedorf_198522.jpg

Confidence to the max. Like Warriors

Sorry man utd fan :D :D:

Gotta say, i still think nothing tops san siro atmosphere on a ucl night

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players

i can only imagine.....going to a big CL nite at san siro is one of my lifelong dreams...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Milan Vs pool Final at san siro
Thats my dream and they show istanbul in the locker room before kickoff and everything breaks loose for 90 minutes and football never recovers from it :eek:

On other news marisa miller is a goddess

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To see Milan vs Carlos Chelsea come next May at Wembley is the dream right now. The prospect of seeing Drogba pitted against TSilva and Ibra/Pato vs Terry and Seedorf/Pirlo vs Lampard/Essien is very mouthwatering :D;)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
To see Milan vs Carlos Chelsea come next May at Wembley is the dream right now. The prospect of seeing Drogba pitted against TSilva and Ibra/Pato vs Terry and Seedorf/Pirlo vs Lampard/Essien is very mouthwatering :D;)

thats not mouth watering... seeing ramires, essien, lampard, mikel v. milan midfield gives me nightmares.

it's literally WORST match up possible. By far most physical team

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
thats not mouth watering... seeing ramires, essien, lampard, mikel v. milan midfield gives me nightmares.

it's literally WORST match up possible. By far most physical team

On the contrary it should be a great final. Your right, physically it would be a difficult match but nonetheless it should be very entertaining, all pressure on them to achieve their first CL, we would be underdogs in their backyard. To beat them there would be the sweetest dream. We could beat them with our fully fit squad. As it is you should not be afraid and accept it that there is a good chance that this season at some point we will face them.

What happened to your 'Confidence to the max. Like Warriors' ? Games like these will test whether we truly warriors this season or not. I would certainly welcome the challenge, so would Dinho who loves to play against them but i guess our opinions differ.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I think bursaspor vs valencia would also be a pretty damn good game. Remember the last turkish - spanish battle i saw. It was Sevilla vs Fenerbache. Amazing game :D

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think bursaspor vs valencia would also be a pretty damn good game. Remember the last turkish - spanish battle i saw. It was Sevilla vs Fenerbache. Amazing game :D

Battle of brilliant young talents, Sercan Yildirim vs Juan manuel Mata. It should be good entertaining match.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
On the contrary it should be a great final. Your right, physically it would be a difficult match but nonetheless it should be very entertaining, all pressure on them to achieve their first CL, we would be underdogs in their backyard. To beat them there would be the sweetest dream. We could beat them with our fully fit squad. As it is you should not be afraid and accept it that there is a good chance that this season at some point we will face them.

What happened to your 'Confidence to the max. Like Warriors' ? Games like these will test whether we truly warriors this season or not. I would certainly welcome the challenge, so would Dinho who loves to play against them but i guess our opinions differ.

Chelsea are just not a team i'd wanna draw. Granted there defense is worst it's been since abramovich took over. Cech isn't what he was....Terry isnt the player he was, Carvahlo is gone and Alex isn't near as good. RB is a rotating issue. Cole is still class though.

I'd want to draw spanish team, barca particularly. Not only cause it'd be an entertaining match up. I think it's a) favorable and b) I HATE the media boner towards them when I thin Milan could easily take them.

I also don't hate chelsea cause of Carlo and thats no fun. I want to dislike the opponent.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chelsea are just not a team i'd wanna draw. Granted there defense is worst it's been since abramovich took over. Cech isn't what he was....Terry isnt the player he was, Carvahlo is gone and Alex isn't near as good. RB is a rotating issue. Cole is still class though.

I'd want to draw spanish team, barca particularly. Not only cause it'd be an entertaining match up. I think it's a) favorable and b) I HATE the media boner towards them when I thin Milan could easily take them.

I also don't hate chelsea cause of Carlo and thats no fun. I want to dislike the opponent.

As i said, our opinions differ, i wouldn't want Barca in the final because they will run the rule over possession and our midfield and attack wont be able to harm them unless we break on the counter, which in our case would come late in the second half with robinho on or something. It would be one-sided and no fun in that.

For example, Dani Alves will maraud his way past an occupied Antonini (Messi) and rape us, Xavi and Iniesta will rape us in the midfield unless a slow duo Ambro and Pirlo have the best game of their lives. Even then i feel they would dominate us and that wouldn't be fun to watch.At least that is my opinion, i wouldn't mind anyone else who evenly matches up to us.

PS Inter proved that to beat Barca one needs to use counter-attacking. We dont have a wing-back like Maicon nor do we have killer DMs to stop Xavi from orchestrating, just maybe Ambro.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

They're not defensive at all man/chick.

Am going to switch between FC Twente - inter & Barcelona - Pana

Milan Vs pool Final at san siro
Thats my dream and they show istanbul in the locker room before kickoff and everything breaks loose for 90 minutes and football never recovers from it :eek:

On other news marisa miller is a goddess

After that incident, at least I want to win one more time vs them in a final. Now it's just 1-1...

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Say that to Kaka. He practically wanked himself silly at United's atmoshphere after the first leg ;)

Said something like you could hear this roar he's never heard before at half time, even though we were 2-1 down.

The Champions League anthem is immense though. Always gives me goosebumps.

Turkish clubs have are the best though, as are Celtic. Worst would be Arsenal. Can't even get themselves up for a CL semi...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
As i said, our opinions differ, i wouldn't want Barca in the final because they will run the rule over possession and our midfield and attack wont be able to harm them unless we break on the counter, which in our case would come late in the second half with robinho on or something. It would be one-sided and no fun in that.

For example, Dani Alves will maraud his way past an occupied Antonini (Messi) and rape us, Xavi and Iniesta will rape us in the midfield unless a slow duo Ambro and Pirlo have the best game of their lives. Even then i feel they would dominate us and that wouldn't be fun to watch.At least that is my opinion, i wouldn't mind anyone else who evenly matches up to us.

PS Inter proved that to beat Barca one needs to use counter-attacking. We dont have a wing-back like Maicon nor do we have killer DMs to stop Xavi from orchestrating, just maybe Ambro.

you really think xavi and iniesta have more ability to bully milans midfield than ramires, lampard, essien!?

Milan can play posession just as well. The slow duo is just as quick as the barcas players. I wouldn't define speed as a defining attribute of xavi or iniesta. Technique, certainly, intelligence yes. NOT athleticism or speed.

Milan THRIVES in open games where you can pass. Not against physical teams. Ex. Last year teams that cause problems... inter, man utd. Teams that did not- roma, real madrid, fiorentina

Say that to Kaka. He practically wanked himself silly at United's atmoshphere after the first leg ;)

Said something like you could hear this roar he's never heard before at half time, even though we were 2-1 down.

The Champions League anthem is immense though. Always gives me goosebumps.

kaka needs to brain smarter. We all know this.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
you really think xavi and iniesta have more ability to bully milans midfield than ramires, lampard, essien!?

Milan can play posession just as well. The slow duo is just as quick as the barcas players. I wouldn't define speed as a defining attribute of xavi or iniesta. Technique, certainly, intelligence yes. NOT athleticism or speed.

Milan THRIVES in open games where you can pass. Not against physical teams. Ex. Last year teams that cause problems... inter, man utd. Teams that did not- roma, real madrid, fiorentina

Wouldn't call United a physical team lol. We're a bunch of fannies, bar 1 or 2. Mind you Park on Pirlo was probably the main reason you lost inthe 2nd leg.

But Chelsea will be a problem for anyone. SB is a small pitch, and in Drogba, Essien, Terry, Mikel, Ramires they'll boss you off the pitch.

That's why you only really have a good chance of beating them if your midfield/defence is good enough to contain Chelsea's and them hit them on the counter attack.

Nightmare to play against. Think United have only won there 3 times in about 10 years.

Schedule