International Friendlies

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I have been saying it since the WC Iaquinta is Lippi's son.

On the other hand, even if today he deserved it more than in the last 6-7 years, I'm happy Del Piero didn't got a called up, never performs with the NT, will be super old and useless for the WC (since IMO has a lot and good quality players, that will have more to give to the azzurri, there and I'm crossing fingers that we'll see Cassano, even if Lippi doesn't seem to like him, and Lippi is super stubborn)

CB1100_lover

Primavera
Reaction score
I have been saying it since the WC Iaquinta is Lippi's son.

On the other hand, even if today he deserved it more than in the last 6-7 years, I'm happy Del Piero didn't got a called up, never performs with the NT, will be super old and useless for the WC (since IMO has a lot and good quality players, that will have more to give to the azzurri, there and I'm crossing fingers that we'll see Cassano, even if Lippi doesn't seem to like him, and Lippi is super stubborn)

thats right, plenty of young talents, with plenty to prove. Now if those young talents could follow simple instructions ( Lippi's ), Brazil can kiss their pretty football goodbye. :D.

But then again with the theme being friendlies and those selection of players listed above, i am sure Lippi would go with the flow, and play attacking football. Definitely worth to watch.

Dario_Milan_3

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Any Milan player contributing to the expected success of the side, need more good Italian players.
I am loving Rossi at the moment. Hopefully he starts Tuesday night and makes an impact on the match. Some odd squad choices to be sure by Lippi.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
For those of us who have it, FSC is carrying the Brazil-Italy friendly live Tuesday at 1:30 pm central time.

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
Calcio Comedy: 15 Things To Expect From Brazil v Italy

1) The game is billed as a clash between the “world’s two most successful football nations”

2) Every person on the pitch wears gloves, long sleeves, and cycling shorts due to the body-numbing sub-zero temperatures. No-one swaps shirts at the end.

3) All 22 players do the sign of the cross when they enter and leave the pitch.

4) Once again Pele ‘The Jinx’ gets his pre-match prediction wrong. “Brazil will win 3-0, with Ronaldinho, Pato and Robinho scoring,” translates into an Italy triumph by the same scoreline.

5) Even if Luis Fabiano shows up on crutches with an eyepatch and both arms in plaster, Dunga will still start him up-front.

6) Whenever there is a stop in play, the camera zooms in on the beautiful Brazilian and Italian ladies in the crowd. The same Juliana Moreira lookalike (pictured above), with the dark tan, shows up on screen at least five times.

7) The Real Ronaldo is spotted scoffing a greasy pork pie and dairy milk. Sitting next to him, new best friend Michael Phelps is also enjoying some snacks, since he has the 'munchies'.

8) There will be at least one Mexican wave, at which point all true football fans will cringe.

9) During half time, a scuffle breaks out at the burger stall after a group of Italians attempt to push to the front of the queue.

10) The TV commentators fail to get through the 90 minutes without mentioning Roberto Baggio’s penalty miss from 1994. The same goes for Paolo Rossi’s hat-trick in 1982, Brazil’s 4-1 win in 1970, and the fact that Simone Perrotta was born in Ashton-under-Lyne and could have played for England.

11) Luca Toni portrays everything that Brazilian football does not – clumsiness, lack of technique and pace, strength and aerial prowess.

12) Every Milan and Juventus player who starts the game is substituted at half time, leading Jose Mourinho to have a sarcastic moan on Wednesday. Mauro Camoranesi and Alberto Aquilani never enter the fray as they are injured warming-up.

13) When Ronaldinho is substituted, he doesn’t stay around to watch the rest of the game. Instead he heads off to the West End to sample some of the London nightlife. Adriano and Robinho join him later, and they all stay out partying until 5am.

14) Marcello Lippi and Dunga will be asked about Amauri during the post-match press conference. Both will decline to comment.

AND FINALLY...

15) Sergio Mendes’ legendary Brazilian song – Mas Que Nada – will be played before kick off, at half time, and again at full time.

Carlo Garganese, Goal.com

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
0,,17714364-EX,00.jpg

0,,17714493-EX,00.jpg

ritiro--620x385.jpg

Game On !!

just liked the pics ;)

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Channles :
Abu Dhabi Sports 1
RAI Uno Italy
ART Sport 4 :jump: :jump: :jump:
Sport TV (TV Cabo)
Sky Sports 1
Digit ALB
Polsat Sport Extra
La Sexta
Fox Soccer Channel
Alfa TV Cyprus
NTV Spor (Turkey)

Time 2 kick some Italian ass :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Channles :
Abu Dhabi Sports 1
RAI Uno Italy
ART Sport 4 :jump: :jump: :jump:
Sport TV (TV Cabo)
Sky Sports 1
Digit ALB
Polsat Sport Extra
La Sexta
Fox Soccer Channel
Alfa TV Cyprus
NTV Spor (Turkey)

Time 2 kick some Italian ass :D
Kalev Sport (Est) :jump: :jump: :jump: (we got it for free)

Azzurri all the way!

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can't wait for it.

Why? Expecting much from a friendly? It'll be a snorefest, like all friendlies. Brazil aren't actually a good team anymore, and for all their attacking big names, can't get them to work together, and Italy will feel that because they don't need to win this match, they won't. And sit with 11 men behind the ball.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Brazil are going to win this one...3-1

CB1100_lover

Primavera
Reaction score
Why? Expecting much from a friendly? It'll be a snorefest, like all friendlies. Brazil aren't actually a good team anymore, and for all their attacking big names, can't get them to work together, and Italy will feel that because they don't need to win this match, they won't. And sit with 11 men behind the ball.

What a joy killer, if you still have not notice the wind has change.

Not that i encourage anyone to bet,... just for the sake of the game, i will certainly not bet against Italy. :D

Last edited:

Rex

Reaction score

It's just like a normal person who wants to watch the likes of classical match-up of that Brazil vs Italy stolen the show though.. :tongue:

Well, I seemed to not be much expecting from this friendly game, but it is the hidden agenda from the both coaches caught me to eye that fits them to transmitting their work rate into the game. The Italian, Marcelo Lippi, has a personal interest which is about to collect the most undefeated caps as national team coach, along with Spaniard Javier Clemente and the Argentine Alfio Basile on a line for 31 undefeated book record so far. In any other side, Dunga and those Brazilians eagerly wanted for the positive way of results that convince them at the full hand secure that is the team game they supposed to deliver in order to silence those critics addressed of late. Look, you must not be much expecting their last friendlies against Portugal last year's November which ended 6-2 was the real images of how to make a convincing win from Dunga side. Not yet....

And furthermore, few Brazilians who take the challenge in playing Serie A will face those Italian rivalries that get accustomed to play with.

That being said, it'll be tricky and interesting one on what those Brazilians would produce with losing the injured Kaka who the latter can be a deadlock breaker that has always been saving our ass at Milan as well.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Definitely will watch this one.
I'm crossing fingers that we'll see Cassano, even if Lippi doesn't seem to like him, and Lippi is super stubborn)
I don't know why Lippi keeps Cassano out. Perhaps it something to do with his character history, as we know Lippi is one to firstly focus on the team's spirit, character and courage. Any person who disrupts this, no matter how talented he may be, will be left out of Lippi's squad. Just thought Cassano has been making serious professional strides of late, and should be rewarded. On paper, he'd be my choice to fill in Totti's shoes, which the Italians surely do miss.

7) The Real Ronaldo is spotted scoffing a greasy pork pie and dairy milk. Sitting next to him, new best friend Michael Phelps is also enjoying some snacks, since he has the 'munchies'.

10) The TV commentators fail to get through the 90 minutes without mentioning Roberto Baggio’s penalty miss from 1994. The same goes for Paolo Rossi’s hat-trick in 1982, Brazil’s 4-1 win in 1970, and the fact that Simone Perrotta was born in Ashton-under-Lyne and could have played for England.

12) Every Milan and Juventus player who starts the game is substituted at half time, leading Jose Mourinho to have a sarcastic moan on Wednesday. Mauro Camoranesi and Alberto Aquilani never enter the fray as they are injured warming-up.

13) When Ronaldinho is substituted, he doesn’t stay around to watch the rest of the game. Instead he heads off to the West End to sample some of the London nightlife. Adriano and Robinho join him later, and they all stay out partying until 5am.

Spot on :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I barely found out today that Romania is playing a friendly mid-week. That shows how much I care for the current NT. :o

project1967 said:

Tour de France? ;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I barely found out today that Romania is playing a friendly mid-week. That shows how much I care for the current NT. :o

Tour de France? ;)
Ha! Good one ... knew that attire looked familiar.

As for the Romanian NT ... the feeling is mutual. Who are you playing anyway?

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Queste le formazioni ufficiali comunicate alla stampa nel pregara di Brasile-Italia

BRASILE (4-3-3) Julio Cesar, Maicon, Juan, Lucio, Marcelo; Gilberto Silva, Elano, Felipe Melo; Ronaldinho, Robinho, Adriano. In panchina: Doni, Thiago Silva, Daniel Alves, Luisao, Josuè, Julio Baptista, Pato. All Dunga

ITALIA (4-3-3) Buffon, Zambrotta, Legrottaglie, Cannavaro, Grosso; Montolivo, Pirlo, De Rossi; Pepe, Gilardino, Di Natale. In panchina: De Sanctis, Amelia, Bonera, Gamberini, Dossena, Camoranesi, Perrotta, Aquilani, Quagliarella, Toni, G. Rossi, Iaquinta. All Lippi

Still no Pato in first 11....cant believe adriano is there :head:

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
come on dinho

show us what you got for the derby

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
there's a box over the stream

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
offside goal for italy

not allowed

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
Wonderful goal, wrongly disallowed by the referee.

Schedule