The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:49   #1021
sheva
suso's dog

funny thing is, i'm not even shitting on Cutrone.

I actually got a chance to meet him at Casa Milan and take a selfie with (adding below from my private IG), and was a fan on him for years.

however, painting a picture of him as a failed youth product\ a player that we didn't know to utilize properly is just wrong currently. Maybe he'll grow in a specific club in the future, right now it doesnt seem like it.

sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:54   #1022
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva View Post
no.

Cutrone is 23, he managed to score 0 goals this season on 3 separate leagues.

Aubameyang at 23 (and before) has netted double digits for St. Ettiene. Also, has managed to continually grow both end product wise and mentally, and has succeeded in providing consecutive successful seasons both in different clubs and leagues.
Wrong. 3 seasons in a row, he scored only 2 goals. Also, he didn't do shit at Milan and only managed to get some confidence boost after going back to his home country for 5 seasons, 1st being in Ligue 2. Cutrone shined from the start and now he's moving between foreign countries, when it's the most critical time for his growth.

I understand he's not producing, but you can't really use Auba as an example, I think they've shared similar struggles.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:16   #1023
sheva
suso's dog

Quote:
"wasn't Auba in a similar spot at this age?",
so no:

Aubameyang at age 22\23 has netted 19 goals and 12 assists in French first division.

Quote:
"3 seasons in a row, he scored only 2 goals"
again, incorrect if looking at stats. However, I get you point of him not giving much during his youth years. difference is, Cutrone is not our player anymore. Aubameyang did produce little when he was loaned to different teams every transfer season by us. Cutrone can choose any club he wishes (I.E., we are not to blame for his lack of development, unlike the Aubameyang case).

Quote:
"Also, he didn't do shit at Milan and only managed to get some confidence boost after going back to his home country for 5 seasons"
Didn't do shit at Milan I agree with, partially our fault, however Cutrone stayed for a year in his home country.

summation, Aubameyang may share the same background but surely not the same story and development as it stand now.

Last edited by sheva; 01-04-2021 at 12:20.
sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 15:49   #1024
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Cutrone just doesn't offer too much and would require certain tactics so his shortcomings are hidden and his best attributes are utilized.

I like him, but I am actually pretty happy we were able to get some value for him.

I hope he grows into a different player and proves me wrong, but so far, it doesn't seem like it.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote